Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back Injury

Go down 
+6
Max
Gadgetastic!
Gauge
Hazmat
Zenith
herointraining
10 posters
AuthorMessage
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:44 pm

A couple of days ago i decided to start my training again and before i could do something i caught a really bad cold. Now i am fine, but one of those nights i woke up in the middle of the night coughing and basically trying to breath, and since that day i have a serious pain on my lower back when i try to do some exercise. I think it could be a little muscle tear from the reflex of coughing, but i dont know. Do you have some advise for me that doesnt include to take pills? Laughing (i get tachycardia when i take an aspirine heh). Thank you in advance!

PS: If you see Master Legend, can you tell him to try some long distance healing, please? Razz
Back to top Go down
Zenith

Zenith

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Ice, heating pad, and taking it easy. It sucks to put off training, but the training will be no use to you if you manage to really hurt yourself.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:27 pm

What you describe is one of the signs of walking pneumonia. Some patients describe the feeling as “maybe a pulled muscle or cracked rib back there”. Most often they believe it is the result of a coughing fit or sustained coughing over time during a period of illness. Sometimes they are correct. Other times they are not. Get it looked at if it lasts more than 24 hours. I have had more than one friend die due to pneumonia. And one of them was only 20 years old. She didn’t smoke and was a healthy, viverent young woman. Lots of people think pneumonia is only dangerous to the very young or the old and infirm. Pneumonia is a stone killer and nothing to take chances with.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Thank you for caring, but it is not pneumonia, dont worry. I am ok now, i dont cough or sneeze anymore, i only have this pretty crappy back pain.
Back to top Go down
Zenith

Zenith

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Hazmat...I'm floored that I didn't catch that as a possibility, considering I've had that kind of pneumonia three times.

Shit, how did I miss that?

Also, herointraining, my first pneumonia was completely asymptomatic as far as coughing and sneezing goes, it was only intense shoulder and back pain. It went misdiagnosed for a week before I was ultimately hospitalized. My right lung is still fairly jacked up so please, get an xray if it doesnt go away or god forbid it gets worse.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I suggest you not get medical advice from an rlsh forum. Everyone here is well-meaning, but nobody is able to diagnose you. Although I would suggest you don't delay any longer.
Back to top Go down
Zenith

Zenith

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Really, what Gauge said. If it gets worse or doesnt get better, see a doctor.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:35 pm

I already had a medical advise, dont worry Smile . She told me it was only a cold, i just wanted to know if you guys knew some home treatments for this pain. I am pretty hypocondriac, so i want to check every other solution before bothering in calling a doctor again to see if i really have pneumonia hehe.
Back to top Go down
Zenith

Zenith

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, to deal with pain it's usually a cold compress alternated with a heating pad, 5 minute intervals with a few minutes in between. The cold numbs it up, the heat relaxes anything spasming.

Maybe a bit of massage if you have someone with good hands.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Also should say I really hope it's nothing serious. Get well soon and get up and training. I have three people in my life who had pneumonia two months ago. They have serious asthma as well, and they made it through with no illl side effects.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Thank you really much, guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Is it a sharp pain, a burning pain, an ache, or a throb?

Does it continue or is it momentary?

Is it worse when you wake up or is it the same all day?

Where exactly is the pain. Make a picture if you can with something to indicate the precise position of the pain.
Back to top Go down
Max

Category :
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:49 am

Very simply: if it's not gone in a week, see a doctor, or perhaps a chiropractor. In your coughing spells, you may have shifted something out of position.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is a local pain, hurts when i cough, try to run, and when i try to jump
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:46 pm

I diagnose it as the heebie jeebies and prescribe a strict regime of leeches and bloodletting.

Or you could ask a doctor.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 pm

I always joke with my special lady saying that i have a healing factor because i do not seem affected by mosquitoes bites, and she saw me with my back pain and she was like: "healing factor my a$$" , too bad it hurted when i laugh too hehehhee
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:44 pm

I was wondering if maybe your back injury could be something you are feelingnow due the effects of trying to lift a heavy object IE Boxes of food or moving stuff from one house to another

Im ok but I was in a spot where so many things could have gone wrong on Saturday because I had to carry more than 60 different sized boxes of food and toiletries up 4 flights of stairs because somebody had a bad back and the building has no elevators to load the boxes into Ill tell you it was very tiring work and the 20+ heat was not helping at all The biggest of the boxes was saved for the last because it was also the heaviest being full of canned goods The biggest fear for me was that I was going to cause an injury to myself and as a result reat to it in a way that would send me backwards down the stairs with a box on top of my head (I dont know why the saturday morning cartoons and sesamee street shows make that look funny) I did get all the boxes up to the guy's apartment and stacked around his living dinning kitchen area (All one room) and I did take frequent water and bathroom breaks while doing this Some of those boxes were alot heavier than any ton of ice and snow I have cleared off a porch so we had to unload the box from the truck and use grocery bags to bring smaller amounts of the sealift up the stairs
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:48 pm

I feel great now, i can run, i can jump, the only thing that remains is a nose full of disgusting green stuff, i ll be the first RLSH to jump into action with a tissue box XD
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:19 pm

and squirt bad guys with disgusting green stuff flying out of your nose Great self defence especially if you can aim for the eyes or the mouth
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:56 pm

and since i have a big nose i would never run out of ammo!
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

and you would be more effective than a skunk

Other ways to get ammo would be eat large pizza with dozen packages of fries and 5 jumbo burgers then get on wild ride just before some kid goes under and resets the speed controls for overload Just spray it in the bully's face and then watch the fun

Back on topic It seems to me that alot of back related injuies are caused by people trying to bend down at the waist to pick heavy boxes or other large objects up instead of lifting at the knees or they try to carry way too much at one time for too great a distance without stopping to rest
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 pm

yeah, you can get a hernia, and that would suck
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:13 pm

I'd suggest you check with a professional, just to be safe and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 am

i am ok now, thank you JohnDoe ^^
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 am

herointraining wrote:
yeah, you can get a hernia, and that would suck

Yes,it does Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back Injury   Back Injury Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Back Injury
Page 1 of 1