Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perspectives wanted

Go down 
+8
JohnDoe
Max
Blue Alpha
Flora V. Arbor
Hazmat
E0N (Inactive)
The Reverend
Equal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

Perspectives wanted Empty
PostSubject: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 pm

A human being addicted to an illegal substance get screwed by a dealer. The goods isn't strong enough to handle the withdrawals.
Confront the dealer on behalf of the person, demanding better quality or money back? Or report the dealer to the autorities?

Girls are often getting raped in a poorly lighted park.
Walk around with a flashlight keeping the predators away, or hide in the shadows to get them when they act?

Some guy say he got a knife and want money. You got nothing of value.
Ambush him before he get the chance to draw it, run or call it as a bluff?
What if:
You got something of value?

The alternatives is not really alternative, just suggestions. I'm trying to get smarter, not make you smarter.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Call the police . Call the police . Give him your cash then call the police . Those are the 3 best answers to those questions . I might chose to act then call the police but wouldn't suggest anyone follow me .
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Dogman wrote:
A human being addicted to an illegal substance get screwed by a dealer. The goods isn't strong enough to handle the withdrawals.
Confront the dealer on behalf of the person, demanding better quality or money back? Or report the dealer to the autorities?

I wouldn't really participate in the guy's drug transactions. If this was a friend of mine I'd try to help them in other ways. If he wasn't a friend of mine I'd never have known about this situation.

Dogman wrote:
Walk around with a flashlight keeping the predators away, or hide in the shadows to get them when they act?

Drive the park, if that was an option. Jog it if not. A bike would also be reasonable, but mine are all packed up still. Raising awareness among women would be appropriate -- I've never done anything like that, tho.

Dogman wrote:
What if:

Run away if I could, attack if not. Report it to the cops afterwards if able. I don't trust people not to stab me if I agree to their demands. People often aren't reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Dogman wrote:

Get the “human being” medical attention for sure. Under no circumstances would I procure a higher quality of dope or attempt to collect money from a drug dealer. Getting screwed by a dealer comes with the territory.

Dogman wrote:

I would try to get the word out as much as possible to the locals. I would then attempt to hunt the park.

Dogman wrote:
What if: You got something of value?

Have items of value on me, don’t have items of value on me. Same plan. Run if I can. Attack if I can not. If he is willing to kill me he is willing to lie to me. Negotiating my survival with a murderous liar doesn’t seem like a good course of action.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

I agree with all three posts above,
however,

1. drug people dig their own graves

3. as a woman, "value", of some sort or another, is unescapable.
I'd HAVE to be ready to give it up or smash or confuse the person.

2. for this: if you patrol, i think that the rapest will move on to other territory

DO NOT DO THE NEXT THING THAT i WILL TYPE!

I would get a LOT of people and tools - if the police hadn't handled it in a few weeks,
and I go rapest-hunting - hog-tie goal
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 pm

I cannot recommend this highly enough -

watch "Most Shocking".

You will see situations, like those above, played out in detail in many many ways.

I cannot recommend this enough!!!
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
I cannot recommend this highly enough -

watch "Most Shocking".

You will see situations, like those above, played out in detail in many many ways.

I cannot recommend this enough!!!

Link?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:40 pm

oh! he ask gramma to do computery things....
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 pm

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks for the link.

Huh ...Seems like a bunch of animals.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 am

watch the brawlers or robbers sections.

it will play out many many many ideas right in front of you
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:48 am

Answers in blue

Dogman wrote:
Get addict to an emergency room. Inquire about a social worker for him/her. Try to convince addict that reporting dealer to cops would be benificial. "They'll help you and get him off the street."

Patrol in civvies. Put up posters enouraging people to be safe, hang in groups and call cops if they see anything. And be careful what you carry-If some dude is violently subdueing girls, tying them up and raping them, and a cop finds you in said park at 2am with a 4D cell maglite, a stun gun, zip ties, and a mask in your pockets.....

Turn your pockets out, give him your empty wallet and get ready to run or fight.What if:
Give it to him. Only when he still threatens you and all you have to give is your life do you take action.

The alternatives is not really alternative, just suggestions. I'm trying to get smarter, not make you smarter.
Back to top Go down
Max

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 am

1. I would turn in the dealer to the authorities.

2. I would walk or drive the area with light. I already do something like this in the parks in my town. I would not lie in wait for a rapist. He might hit somewhere else, AND you might get tagged by the police as a suspect.

3. I decline to answer the third one.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Contact emergency responce. Stalk dealer to his place of residense or mode of transportation. Log any info from suspect, whether it's a license plate, description or address during which time law enforcement's response time will likely miss the dealer who will be leaving the area.

Set up cameras in various areas feeding live-feed to a portable platform. Wait nearby in an area where the cameras are an equal distance away. This way response time is about the same all around. Act when suspisious activity is detected.

Comply. Reach for wallet with one hand while keeping other in view. Drop wallet at his feet and take the first sign of distraction as a cue to reach for non-lethal weapon if there is ample room to navigate. If not, run, draw, turn and deploy weapon.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

The drug user should get his stuff from someone he trusts, not some random dealer. His mistake. I'd get the guy to a rehab clinic to help him cope with his withdraw symptoms. I would note who the dealer was for future surveillance.

Obviously, I'd wait in the shadows for ambush as opposed to shining a flashlight around, and I'd use bait.

If someone mugged me, I'd gauge how he holds a knife, the pace of his mugging, size, etc to determine how big of a threat he was. I'd try to tell him I don't have anything and see if I could calm him down, while staying ready to dodge a swing and counter. This is all easier said than done, as it's very difficult to remain calm and logical in such a situation.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:46 am

New question: Two guys are arguing and one decks the other out cold. Do you tend to the down guy or do a citizen's arrest of the attacker?
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 am

Call the 911 and tend to the down guy.

If he has been knocked unconscious he could be in real trouble.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:26 am

New question , I am alone on patrol . I see a man punching a woman . I charge and the asshole runs off . She has contusions on her face and is bleeding on one of her eyes . I ask if she is ok and she says " go get that prick ". What does a real hero do next ? I know what I would do . I know what hazmat would do we talked about it today . What is the right choice ?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:20 am

Get the junkie to rehab. Report to cops if it's not one of my friends.
The dealer has just made my surveillance list. Get to know him better than he knows himself and wait for any opportunity to get evidence to turn into the cops or if that isn't happneing do everything I can anonymously to make his life a living hell.

The awareness option and, for actual hands on, it's civvie patrols and try to stay very discreet. Watch as much as you can.
Be careful not to interfere with the probable ongoing investigation by the cops ( they could also have bait patrols out)
and try not to act so suspicious yourself that you get picked up as a possible suspect for questioning.

DO NOT let him draw the knife. Attack him first as savage as I can.
Do everything in my power to rip him up: gouges, eye knee and groin shots, strikes, and try for some broken bones. Even if he doesn't have a knife I'm treating the threat as if he does. The second he threatened it he became a threat to my life and health.
If others are with me, attack hard and cover their get away.
He MUST NOt get that knife into play.

What if:

Doesn't matter. Same response.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:26 am

Zimmer wrote:
New question: Two guys are arguing and one decks the other out cold. Do you tend to the down guy or do a citizen's arrest of the attacker?

Hazmat for the win.l

Check the man down.
He could have serious injuries and die on the scene. Wouldn't be the first. ABC's and good observation and assess. If there is an obvious problem, head trauma from hitting the sidewalk, etc call EMS pronto.
The attacker you can give a description to the cops later and keep an eye out for himself yourself, but the victim has to be the priority.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:32 am

The Reverend wrote:
New question , I am alone on patrol . I see a man punching a woman . I charge and the asshole runs off . She has contusions on her face and is bleeding on one of her eyes . I ask if she is ok and she says " go get that prick ". What does a real hero do next ? I know what I would do . I know what hazmat would do we talked about it today . What is the right choice ?

Less viscerally satisfying but the smart call:
She may not be okay. The bleeding in the eye could be a sign of internal head trauma from the punch. If so, it could go bad quickly.
Call the cops. Stay with her, see if you can talk her into an ER visit or calling EMS. She may require Xray or Ct scan.
She can give a description of the man to the cops later.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 am

Midnite Detective wrote:
Even if he doesn't have a knife I'm treating the threat as if he does.

Exactly.

You would not seek a safe escape first?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 am

No. I'm a crap runner and I'm sure the guy will run me down.
For myself, the best chances of survival are to overwhelm and cripple the guy. Running, in my case, is a sure way to let him get his knife out and probably plant it in various fun places in my back.

Even if I was a fantastic runner/sprinter, if he doesn't have the knife out, I still think the best choice is try to overwhelm and destroy.

If I have access to my knife even better, but I'm assuming I won't be able to get it out in time.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 am

I'm a very aggressive and offensive oriented person though.
If you can escape and evade that should be the almost overwhelmingly accepted best answer for this scenario.

Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:05 am

It goes without saying that any retreat must be a safe one, and turning your back on someone with a weapon is a mistake if you have not opened proper distance between you and the threat.

But very little information is provided with these questions (I am pretty sure that is by design) and my first thoughts reading that question were:

1) Does the perp have back-up personnel that I do not know about nearby?

2) If I must fight, what is behind him? Can I draw on him and shoot him safely if he decides he wants to be killed today?

Last edited by Hazmat on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perspectives wanted   Perspectives wanted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Perspectives wanted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: