Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sleep Schedules

Go down 
+7
Flora V. Arbor
Blue Alpha
Sleepless
Polarman
E0N (Inactive)
Midnite Detective
Gauge
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 am

If you are an active rlsh working overnight, how have you adjusted your sleep schedule to both patrol and have a regular job? Do you find that you get enough sleep, or are you constantly tired?
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 am

Third shift has mauled my patrol time. I can get out late on my two days a week off but not on weekends. i can go check on things up to about nine thirty pm then its off to work.
Unfortunately most of my encounters have been late night patrols, and mostly on Fridays and Saturdays. But what can you do? i need the extra cash from overnights to help out my mother and sister back home.
So I focus on training physically and learning new skills, patrol when I can on my days off and before work, and keep my eyes peeled for anything wrong 24/7.
Keep doing what I can until the situation changes.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 am

As for actual sleep, yep I get plenty. But I don't have family or kids so my sleep time is incredibly flexible.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 am

I usually don't do any patrol stuff until weekends lately, although I'm trying to get back to that plus once a week. Patrol locally just means handouts.

Simply working my job doesn't give me sufficient time to sleep, unless I made sleep among my highest priorities. Typically every three or four days or so I end up playing catchup one night. Sufficient sleep would occasionally involve going to sleep before I arrive at home.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Im programed to wake up at any time durring the night if anything happens durring the winter when Im out shoveling however the first few weeks of Summer is a bit of a challenge to sleep through when the sun is comming through your windows all hours of the day and night as it is We are defenitly getting the shorter days and guess what My first day clearing snow for people too As it is we are having a strong snowfall so I could be up really early again

When on vacation around other parts of Canada it is my job to get up really early say around 3 or 4 am and look for the nearest open all night coffee shop then after I have my midnight snack I bring back something for my family so we can hit the road ahead of the rush hour I dont require much sleep at any time of day or night Ill watch tv or movies at night until I drift off then wake up again whenever the hell I feel like it
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm

I work during the day 6 days a week, I work the night shift 4 days a week and patrol 3 nights a week. I don't really feel tired, I did at first but I guess I'm adjusted now.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Sleep is for losers with 8 hours with nothing to do Razz
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 pm

I tend to get up alot of time durring the night probably because it get so dark in the winter with only 1 hour of daylight around christmas
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:20 pm

you need full darkness to let the sleep chemistry do it's thing.

My sleep is all scarredup.

I won't bore you.
I try to get nine once a season or so,
so that I can not passout from all the sixes.

I HAD to readjust my sched so that I do very few fives and fours
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 am

I do my best on about six hours sleep and every couple of weeks get a good ten or so.
I don't have a normal circadian rhythm so I control my sleeping with Tylenol pm: diphenhydramine knocks me on my ass.
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am

When I actually worked for someone else, I use to work 10am to 5:30pm and get home workout and then sleep till about 11pm, total of about 4 hours. Then hit the patrol route, stay out till around 3am or so, just till the bars and clubs closed and made sure nothing was happening downtown and then patrol for about another hour. Then home and sleep from about 4:30 till around 8:30am and then get ready for work. Gave me plenty of sleep and did this about 4-6 times a week. Now, I just sleep when I need it and patrol whenever I feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 am

I've see your sleep schedule Am.
A few hours and then back up.
The best hours of rest are supposed to be the first few, then the sleeper becomes more restless.
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Renegade X

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 am

I'm usually up late regardless of a job or not so its not so much of a big deal, but I've tried sleeping for an hour or so before patrolling just to keep me going when I'm out.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 am

I can sleep when I'm dead too much to do now .
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 am

i feel a sleep lecture coming on
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 am

I actually work 11-7 every night...then as a rule I run errands and do stuff around the house all morning...I try to get to bed between 1pm and 3pm and then sleep until around 10pm...its not a full 8, but I actually rest better when I stay on schedule.

It looks like that maybe changing in the next couple weeks...then I'll be working days and sleeping afternoons (because my wife will still be on night shift) and then I'll be up all night trying to find things to do...hmmm...I bet I know what will happen then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sleep Schedules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleep Schedules   Sleep Schedules Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sleep Schedules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: