Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Healthy recipes

Go down 
+5
The Reverend
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
DRock
Blue Alpha
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Healthy recipes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Hmm. I've been aiming at 20, but overshooting the mark most of the time. Now you tell me. Razz
Back to top Go down
RedLight

RedLight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Fresh sushi for lunch today! Miso soup and water to drink.
Why does this meal always feel like clean-burning energy?
I'm just buzzing and cheerful afterwards (more so than usual) and there's no crash.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I think Ice-fishing is more of a NFLD thing than an Arctic thing

In the arctic winter the hunter usually stand still for hours sometimes for days over the same hole and never moving until the seal comes up for some air

The thing about the driving nails through baseball bats and clubbing seal pups to death is a big myth that was started by green peace If that ever does happen it not anywhere in Nunavut Ive been to the feast and The seal is usually brought into the room with a hook in its mouth stab and punture wonds from the harpoon or gunshot wounds I have never seen a seal that has had his head smashed or caved in by a base ball bat with or without a nail stickng out of the end of it
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 pm

E0N wrote:
Hmm. I've been aiming at 20, but overshooting the mark most of the time. Now you tell me. Razz

how did you come up with the number 20, please?
Back to top Go down
Sonic Eagle

Sonic Eagle

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:29 pm

I have a salt free seasoning recipe for bonless checken brest it is equal parts Garlic Powder, Oregano leaves, Ground sage, Chopped Onions, ground Paprika,Ground Mustard,and brown sugar. Mix togeather and season chicken then add the juice of one lime for every 2 checken and back till done.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
E0N wrote:

By approximate bodyweight and looking up the grams of protein per meal you're supposed to get while doing weightlifting...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Sonic Eagle wrote:
I have a salt free seasoning recipe for bonless checken brest it is equal parts Garlic Powder, Oregano leaves, Ground sage, Chopped Onions, ground Paprika,Ground Mustard,and brown sugar. Mix togeather and season chicken then add the juice of one lime for every 2 checken and back till done.

OOOH! good one!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

E0N wrote:
Flora V. Arbor wrote:
E0N wrote:

By approximate bodyweight and looking up the grams of protein per meal you're supposed to get while doing weightlifting...

I eat 28 grams per meal.

Even though you are SKIIIIIIIIIIINNY, i think that you are taller than I am
and weight a bit more than I do, yes?

Therefore, you would need more protien than I do

I am 5'5" and weigh 138
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I made these Angel Biscuits (biscuits using yeast) last night and they came out great: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the recipe is a little misleading... especially the times in are too optimistic about it being quick.

Stuff I changed included using all white flour, letting it rise for 2 -2 1/2 hours, and cooking it for 20-30 minutes (I just kept...t checking until it was done). From the look of the biscuits in the photo I think that if they used this recipe to make them they probably let the yeast, sugar, and water get frothy before actually following the recipe, too.

They came out a lot like Pillsbury type biscuits, only way tastier. They didn't have the "angel food cake" look in the photo with this recipe.

Anyway... I recommend them. Pretty easy and really good.

EDIT - one more thing. I used a tin can that I removed both sides from with a can opener as both a dough cutter and a rolling pin. It worked really well and was basically free.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 pm

mmmm good.
I love the tool-improvisisation.

There might be uneven heat in your oven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes   Healthy recipes - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Healthy recipes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3