Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's on your speed dial?

Go down 
+4
Gauge
Max
Starman
RedLight
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedLight

RedLight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

What's on your speed dial? Empty
PostSubject: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 pm

This morning, about two hours into my shift, it was brought to my attention that there was a deer outside with a broken leg. While it may not come to mind when we're gearing up, having your local animal control hotline programmed into your phone can be valuable. I have mine on speed dial, and I've had to use it on several occasions. Whether you're in the city, or out in the stix, this is a useful contact to have. I highly recommend you all keep this handy, along with the local non-emergency police number for your area.

What numbers do you guys carry with you that maybe not everyone has thought to keep?

{ I felt like this was a GD topic, but knowing my boys, it will eventually become Lounge worthy! }

Last edited by RedLight on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm

That is an interesting Idea. I've actually lost my phone so unfortunately I can't tell you if I have anything particular. Though, obviously I would think having emergency numbers on speed dial would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Max

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Police Dept dispatch desk. I've used it many times.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:43 pm

I have a capacious memory, and all necessary numbers are stored in my brain, but I do have animal control, poison control, non-emergency police, various shelters, and child protective services, among others.
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:44 pm

The local PD and SO along with the number to my contact in the SO. As for the humane officers number, that is handled by the SO, so that is the same number I would call for animal control to. I also have the numbers for the local shelters.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:06 pm

The animal control offices around here are useless. They never show up, hang up on you mid-sentence, and once told me they wouldn't respond to a 80lb dog chasing kids unless I "contained it in a cage first."

My speed dial is my wife, work, and my family. I plan on getting a "hero-phone" when I get some spare cash. My phone is a cheapo with no bells or whistles. The hero-phone will be a pay-as-you-go touchscreen with camera and web and all that.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 pm

what's on my phone?

jelly stains
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:34 pm

my phone is set up with "speed dial" contacts on the home screen. so I just hit that button and it dials. I've got dispatch on there. but I've had to call animal control before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your speed dial?   What's on your speed dial? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What's on your speed dial?
Page 1 of 1