Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men

Go down 
+8
Havoc
The Jinn
Midnite Detective
Blue Alpha
JohnDoe
Leviathan
Vulpo
E0N (Inactive)
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Empty
PostSubject: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Links to some reporting on it --

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What happened is someone stabbed three homeless men to death on three different occasions somewhat generally in the LA area:

Dec. 21 - 100 N Bradford Ave, Placentia, CA 92870-4844
Dec. 29 - in a riverbed under the Riverside Freeway in Anaheim, CA
Dec. 30 - in a stairwell just outside of the Yorba Linda Library, 18181 Imperial Highway, Yorba Linda, California 92886

Police have a few descriptive details of the suspect:

"A surveillance camera in Placentia captured images of the suspect, a thin man wearing a dark-hooded sweater, who may be driving a four-door Toyota."
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh no this is horrible!
What can be done to stop this person?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:20 pm

For a second I thought you meant orange county, florida. There,s no way this would have happened without making the news here.

With that in mind, set up an armed sting with three othher capes on standby just in case. The sooner this bastard is stopped, the better.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Video of Guardian Angels working on this issue:

Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 am

It looks like the murders are situated around the freeways of that area. Could be the perp isn't a local?
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am

Makes me consider taking a drive....LA/OC ain't far from me.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 am

Blue Alpha wrote:

Talk to UA...
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 am

Stay the Hell out of it.

If you do patrols around there and see a suspicious person, call the cops.
If you see someone attacked then do what you can to help. Keep your eyes open and be ready to give the cops as much witness info as possible.

Doing bait patrols might get you in deep with the cops if you get caught. They won't want anyone screwing around with the investigation. Anything might mess it up, let the real killer get away, or at worse, you might screw up and make something inadmissible and let the guy walk scott free.

Investigating and actively hunting the guy a job for the cops, not RLSH.
Don't screw up an ongoing investigation and waste precious police manpower.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:15 pm

When I first heard about this for whatever reason I had a brain freeze and thought it was a lot closer to me than it actually is, so I spent a little time thinking about "I could do this or that" with some other people.

As far as general advice, though, I'd say if people want to be helpful maybe just work with the GA and follow their lead. Like I said -- talk with UA. Razz That was meant as "in lieu of just going there by yourself."

If the concept of a guy with a knife is a risk people can't come up with practical ways to manage, then maybe don't do crime patrols in the first place. It's always possible to encounter a guy with a knife.

Also you would see a ton of suspicious persons patroling these areas. Basically what would warrant calling the cops would immediately be dangerous, too -- one of those guys would have a knife out.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Or, you know, the guy driving the vehicle described in the video driving around checking out homeless sites.
That' would be suspicious. Smile

As far as the knife, you take that chance on every patrol. This will be more serious however, as this person INTENDS to use the knife.
I DIDN'T say dont' do patrols, just if you do, be a bit more careful.

As for 'having the knife out' the 'mad slasher' thing doesn't happen very often. Easier to lure the vic in and slip it to them. Less fuss, less running, etc. The point is to kill, not to give advance warning so they can raise a racket and scare you off.

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Or, you know, the guy driving the vehicle described in the video driving around checking out homeless sites.
That' would be suspicious. Smile

Well, yes. There's that.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Generally these guys start slow and build up to a frenzy of activity. He's getting arrogant in his position and will likely make a mistake soon.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't think they know enough to say. Right before I moved here there was about a year where gangs in Salinas were killing homeless people as an initiation thing. For all anybody knows at this time it could be that. They have a limited description based on one incident.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm

E0N wrote:
I don't think they know enough to say. Right before I moved here there was about a year where gangs in Salinas were killing homeless people as an initiation thing. For all anybody knows at this time it could be that. They have a limited description based on one incident.

That's a very real possibility. They do kill random people for points.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 pm

The Jinn wrote:

And that's particularly scary because it's hard to track a murderer when they have no real personal motive.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 pm

E0N wrote:
Blue Alpha wrote:

Talk to UA...

Crimson Crow and I are actually alot closer than the SD guys, but backup wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 am

Double Helix wrote:
The Jinn wrote:

And that's particularly scary because it's hard to track a murderer when they have no real personal motive.

They usually run around bragging about it like jackasses later and get themselves caught or one of their homies snitches them out to get a lighter sentence for a crime they were caught committing.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 am

Plus, the guy doing the knifing may have people watching his back for trouble or intervention.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:26 am

Havoc wrote:
Plus, the guy doing the knifing may have people watching his back for trouble or intervention.

Yeah, and that guy has a gun.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 pm

This might not be a gang initiation. They have a picture of a suspect who seems to be working alone and who doesn't necessarily inspire a feeling of gang affiliation, to say the least. Use of the freeways might mean those involved are not local and gangs normally don't kill out of their turf. The area where the killings took place aren't gang heavy, at least not for there to be so many murders in such a short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 pm

All reports of the murders have a knife down as the weapon used. If this was gang related, it's possible a gun would have been used. Of course, if it is gang related then the use of a knife might also mean intent to keep it as quiet as possible but still seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:34 am

Given the times and locations, it might also be another of the homeless.

He/she may be out there knifing others for their possessions or the guy/gal may just have mental problems.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:41 pm

They have a picture of a suspect and he looks like he could be homeless but it's reported he was driving away in a 4-door toyota. I know it sounds far fetched but it could be somebody dressing up as a homeless if the car reports are true. If not, then it could be another homeless.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:54 pm

he could be living in his car.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Another possible victim found Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next