Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parkour

Go down 
+9
Vulpo
Cyph3r
mysteryman
Blue Alpha
The Jinn
Zimmer
patchwork
Anonyman
Havoc
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Parkour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parkour   Parkour - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Parkour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parkour   Parkour - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 am

I only used parkour once, and it was in an emergency, and basically what I did was either overcome or detroy whatever got in my way. Needless to say I got away pretty quick, but yeah; I'd like to learn real parkour, (I didn't know what i was doing was parkour, I was just trying to AWOL and I did whatever I could to make it as quick as possible and had planned the escape months in advance. Other than that I've never used parkour. YouTube sounds like a good place to start; if I'd have had access to the internet at the School then I would have defnitely been doing some research on it. Thanks for the thread, havoc. Smile

Back to top Go down
ArizonaArtemis

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Parkour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parkour   Parkour - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 pm

A lot of parkour (lets just ignore free running) can be learned and practiced in a basic park/playground. Of course, start by having the physical fitness to be able to run.

Next, think of what your terrain requires. Is there a lot of close buildings? Are there a lot of stairs? Is it mostly back alleys with dumpsters, chain link fence, or etc? Are you getting through tress? It is small spaces to get through quickly? Think of how YOUR body will have to get through YOUR terrain and then practice those movements.

Right now my terrain is a lot of alleyways and a lot of sliding into smaller spaces. I practice running leaps, quick jumps, rail walking, rolls, and etc.

You'll come to get more and more creative about movements to learn as you are out on patrol or just doing practice runs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parkour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parkour   Parkour - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Parkour
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2