Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May Day - Phoenix Jones

Go down 
+9
hiddensparrow
adamm[]
The Reverend
Idea Man
JohnDoe
Proteus
thanatos
the crimson fist
Dark Guardian
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

May Day - Phoenix Jones Empty
PostSubject: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Watch-Rioters-strip-off-masks-black-clothes-to-hide-in-crowd-149755985.html

Only a brief mention of PJ, but a totally different viewpoint/spin of his actions.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm

I couldnt find any real news mention of him doing this. in fact just the opposite it appears.

the first link is more of a blog than real news
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Apparently PJ claims he didn't spray anyone and is going to be posting a full video of it... I'll be interested in seeing what it shows.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 pm

I guess we shouldn't try jumping to conclusions or whatever...
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 am

My gf and teammate Tera Incognita messaged PJ tonight while I was making dinner . He said this article is totally untrue . PJ is brash and far from camera shy but he is honest. Camera footage showing this is not true should be on fb soon .
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 am

The Reverend wrote:
My gf and teammate Tera Incognita messaged PJ tonight while I was making dinner . He said this article is totally untrue . PJ is brash and far from camera shy but he is honest. Camera footage showing this is not true should be on fb soon .

I"m going to disagree with you on this because I have been lied to multiple times directly to by him and know and heard many lies told by him.

I think in this situation that he was trying to help and some innocent people nearby may have been affected by the spray. The person who reported being sprayed was a photographer.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

seeing as peppery spray can get into innocent bystanders eyes, i guess we should all switch to taser guns. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Phoenix Jones Personal Camera Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0kR3dmRXGJg

Gawker Blog Website: http://gawker.com/5906799/idiots-in-superhero-costumes-reportedly-pepper-spraying-seattle-may-day-protesters

Komo 4 News: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Watch-Rioters-strip-off-masks-black-clothes-to-hide-in-crowd-149755985.html

Midnight says, that while away from the camera and sperated from Jones, he was set upon by some of the anarchists at which time they began to throw rocks at him. In order to protect himself he began to discharge his pepper-spray and proceeded to citizens arrest one of the agressors. Around the time Midnight claims to have been making the citizen's arrest Jones repeatedly demanded that he regroup. Because Midnight was pre-occupied with the arrest Jones did not immediately recieve a responce. Phoenix Jones demanded that he reqroup and Midnight finally did.

The prior pepper-spraying on part of Midnight, and away from line of sight of Jones, then began to disperse throughout the area and several bystanders are seen complaining and confronting Jones and company about the action. Bystanders repeatedly accused Jones, at which time Jones denied the accusations. Midnight then tells Jones "I sprayed that" and a bystander asks "then who sprayed that?" and Jones continues to assert that he himself did not spray. Continue a few seconds and, almost as if on cue, Midnight begins discharging his pepper-spray at the aproaching protesters, claiming they were throwing things at them. Jones immediately orders him to stop and repeatedly says "Don't spray that shit, bro! Put your fucking spray down!" at Midnight, at which Midnight complains about not being able to defend himself.

Later on, Midnight tells Jones about what was happening with him when he was seperated from Jones. He claims they were coming at him with one of their flags at which he defended himself with the spray and Jones responds with "...trust me, you don't want to be that guy, man."

Jones was proffesional about the whole thing but seems to have tried to diffuse some of the aggression been thrown his way by failing to acknowledge who did the spraying. It's reasonable to believe the admittance of the spraying would have led to confirmation of the act and mental justification for further aggression from some of the more infuriated protesters.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 am

JohnDoe wrote:
Phoenix Jones Personal Camera Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0kR3dmRXGJg

Gawker Blog Website: http://gawker.com/5906799/idiots-in-superhero-costumes-reportedly-pepper-spraying-seattle-may-day-protesters

Komo 4 News: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Watch-Rioters-strip-off-masks-black-clothes-to-hide-in-crowd-149755985.html

<!snip>

Jones was proffesional about the whole thing but seems to have tried to diffuse some of the aggression been thrown his way by failing to acknowledge who did the spraying. It's reasonable to believe the admittance of the spraying would have led to confirmation of the act and mental justification for further aggression from some of the more infuriated protesters.

Good analysis, JD!

I like how PJ said "You don't want to be that guy, man.". This is key for any budding RLSH's to remember. \m/

Cheers,

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:44 am

does PJ have rlsh account?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Not here, he considers most here when they use the acronym RLSH to mean Real Life Sandwich Handler.

This was a real bump.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Lev, I still regret giving him that quote... it was my mistake and to be honest... he only said it to that jackass Jon Ronson from the GQ article. Its not that Phoenix doesnt like us its that hes focused on himself and his efforts to impreove the community... whether we think he does good or bad... can you name somebody else with as much reach as he does when it relates to costumed activism?!
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Super Barrio
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 am

Super Barrio is a legend here in Mexico. It is widely known by the common people, and start the trend of social activists dressed as wrestlers. As an activist his fame is matched only by Subcomandante Marcos.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:43 am

I don't have a problem with PJ. Only things that bug me about the man is his need to be constantly photographed or filmed. The other thing is from months ago where he tried to say "give me money for my suit". He could have gone the Capitalist route and sold t-shirts or had a hero vs hero match and sold tickets.

That would have been cool to see a dukeout between capes. Wouldn't even affect his professional MMA record. And the DVD rights and sales...

Si, es Luchadores por mascara y mascara luchar. Or something...
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Cape vs. Cape, would be super cool!

I imagine a fight scripted in the style of lucha libre or the WWE. After all, it is about the show, not that two superheroes get hurt.
Even some gadgets could be used (fixed to not really hurt, and to avoid hurt the public).

Knowing Jones, I actually unlikely to accept a scripted macth. Rather it would agree to a combat under UFC or kickboxing rules.

Who Phoenix Jones could face in this fight?
My suggestions, with no particular order:

Master Legend
SuperHero
Leviathan (once this 100% recovered from his injury)
Err... Urban Avenger...

Best if I stop writing...
lol!
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm

He says hes returning to MMA this year.... Ive always wanted to see a PJ vs. DG match myself.

But alright, I guess I should have quantified my question. Who in the age of social media has reached more people with his notoriety. I mean, if the NYPD is questioning its costumed activists about what they do because they saw PJ on a youtube video... then well, I think that speaks for itself really.

BTW, I got that scene from Samuel Chen's Thesis on the RLSH Community. Awesome read btw... I will ask him if its for public dissemination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Day - Phoenix Jones   May Day - Phoenix Jones Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

May Day - Phoenix Jones
Page 1 of 1