Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?

Go down 
+33
Crossfire the Crusader
SkyMan
JohnDoe
Superhuman
dcguardian
The Ambassador
Midnite Detective
Mister
Shield Mongoose
Lost Prophet
Dark Patriot
Overwatch
patchwork
Alastor
Gauge
Gadgetastic!
Reiki Ninja
Fear
E0N (Inactive)
Paladin
Atavistik
Alchemist
Jack Shadow
Blue Phoenix
Un-named_Hero
Equal
Flora V. Arbor
Prof. Midnight
The Grey Man
The Samaritan
Entomo
The Eye
Dark Guardian
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 pm

patchwork wrote:
i guess one could say their "animal" instinct

Or the beast. You can be paralysed by the shock and get crushed, or you can act on the beast and react with agression, fight back, bring some pain, crush bones and walk away from it. "Friendly" blows won't work, blocks in your head don't want you to hurt anybody. You have to unleash the beast.

It's not the bullies from junior high you are dealing with anymore. If you get into a fight, you can end up seriusly crippeled or worse. It's you or him. So get him. Then you can cage up that animal again, but don't forget to feed it and keep it angry on the poor bastard that would ever want to hurt you.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:28 pm

every one of us has the wiill to fight, nay, the desire to fight within us. the desire to dominate. and if you dont unleash that then you will never win
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:40 pm

If you go into an encounter with the "desire to fight" or with the attitude of unleashing the beast or animal, you are more likely to carry an attitude that will unconsciously escalate an encounter to the level you need to provoke an attack that justifies a violent response.

I would suggest going in with the "desire to help" and defuse volatile situations, but be prepared to fight if it becomes necessary, and be alert for signs of impending violence.

There are times when you have to physically intervene, and fighting may become necessary as a result. Anger will only hinder your skill. When we are angry, our mind is affected and our muscles tighten. This makes it more difficult to be effective in any situation, and certainly when we are trying to defend oursleves.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 pm

anger and will are 2 different things. if you arent willing to hurt your opponet and your opponet is willing to kill you then the winner is allready decided. you dont half assed thigns when it comes to an unavoidable fight.

in the words of miagi

walk on right side of street, good
walk on left side of street, good
walk down middle, splat jsut like bug

same with karate,
karate yes, good
karate no, good
karate maybe, splat! just like bug

fight yes, good
fight no, good
fight maybe, splat, just like bug

if you dont fight to win your fighting to louse. if you resolve to fight you must realize and accept that you may end up killing the person you are fighting by accident.

an example of this in the news recently was that 2 students got in to a fight, one of the students died, after only geting punched once. and it wasent even a lethal punch. you must be willing to face the maximum consequence for your acctions
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Talk about unleashing the inner beast or whatever is basically academic.

In academic terms you're most likely to win in a violent confrontation if you commit and attack with speed, surprise, and "violence of execution" or "aggressive action" (depending on how nice you want to word it).

Anyways. Most people don't really want to fight. You can stop a fight from happening most of the time by not freaking out, not getting angry, and not being willing to back down.

The most violent thing I did in my entire "superhero career" so far was to issue a badly worded verbal warning to a guy.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:01 pm

i hope thats the most violent i will ever have to be
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 pm

The more ready you are to fight, the less likely you will have to. Nobody want to get hurt, and if you have the confidence of a fighter, it's like having "I can hurt you alot" written in your forhead.
The only "street fight" I've ever had since I started training was some anabole idiot making a impulsive and unprovoked attack when I was walking down the street. Stuff like that can happen. Without awareness (and luck) I could have been seriusly injured.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 pm

patchwork wrote:
anger and will are 2 different things. if you arent willing to hurt your opponet and your opponet is willing to kill you then the winner is allready decided. you dont half assed thigns when it comes to an unavoidable fight.

In your post before the one I have quoted here, you said it wasn't willingness, but desire to fight. This is what I took issue with. Also with Dogman's talk of unleashing the beast.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:22 pm

well even so, the desire to fight isnt anger. and what i said was true, all of us have the will/desire to fight
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Gonna hug them unconcious? If you want to hurt people there is something wrong with you. And if you don't want to hurt anybody you're in trouble if somebody want to hurt you.

The beast is a term I use on the anger I've built up for those who hurt me. So I'll be able to fight back when the situation occurs. There is a time to wag and a time to bite.

You can say what you want about my beast, but I need it because I'm such a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:00 pm

my drive is sheer battle, before i let myself fight i consider this: am i willing to accept the fact that this fight could lead to the deaths of bolth me and the other person? it is with that in mind that i enter a fight. fighting is the last coarse of acction. there are much better options
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Please, guys.

Anybody wanna visit CA and spar? Razz
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:05 pm

would love to, tho im not formaly trained i match a kung fu black belt and have won gold in an oppen entrance martial arts tounament.my only formal training was a few months of tai kwon do
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:09 pm

This is still a martial art thread. "How to philosophize in a street fight" would be for something compleatly different. I'd rather be prepeared than try figuring out how to not get hurt while some thug is cracking my skull.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 pm

to sum all this up:

fighting is bad, avoid it if possible

but if it comes to it, do work son

dont hold back

fin
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Okay, I guess I won't attack your personal methodology. Use whatever mental preparation works for you, as long as you are being as safe as you can reasonably be. Personally, I find getting angry is disruptive to my thought process and it clouds my instincts, awareness, and judgment. Perhaps that is just me. In martial arts, you frequently hear many yells that could easily be mistaken for anger, but they are not angry. I would suggest you go out and attack a Shaolin monk. He will remain internally calm, will not be angry with you, and he may even heal you after he wipes you all over the ground. No one method motivates everyone, but if you have found a way that is most effective for you, then by all means, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 pm

E0N wrote:
Please, guys.

Bring it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:26 pm

E0N wrote:
Please, guys.

ido
ido
ido
ido
ido
ido
ido
ido!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Oooh, boy. A throwdown showdown. Can we YouTube it?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 pm

yes yes that is his plan but we have to get me there!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

It's always the people who can probably actually fight who try to answer that challenge. Razz Whenever somebody shows up I look forward to it. Should be some fun, however it works out.

Like I said... no bone breaking, no deliberately inflicted traumatic brain injuries, etc.

If you're not a super martial artist you can also use a stun gun and/or a bottle of pepper spray not to exceed 2.5 ounces.

Smile

I don't know what the best martial art is tho.

Whoever makes it here first I want to do the 1st video in a local Chinese restaurant that will basically look like a Kung Fu Theater set.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm

eyey ammm going to wear you down,
smaaaack you in the sleep, hog-tie you and file your nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:17 am

@ Eon-Wish I could, too. Sounds like fun. What style of Jujutsu did they teach at the school you checked out?

-A
______

The quest for justice is eternal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 am

@ Flora- You CRACK me up! I simply love it.

-A
______

The quest for justice is eternal
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:27 am

Smile Thank you!

him don't do no cardio and I am an aerobics instructor/landscaper/martial artist

WAAAAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?   Best type of martial arts for a RLSH? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Best type of martial arts for a RLSH?
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next