Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New skills section

Go down 
+9
The Reverend
Flora V. Arbor
Gauge
Superhuman
Zombie
Northern Shield
Polarman
CrusaderPrime
Urban Avenger
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:13 pm

I've added this section to the forum in order to open discussions on non combative skills. this can be ANYTHING ranging from metaphysics, to lock picking to prepping. I think there was a serious lack of discussion on things other than martial arts or fighting. I hope this will bring more value to the forum. enjoy.
Back to top Go down

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 pm

What a great idea, Urban Avenger, thank you for your insight. Smile
Back to top Go down
CrusaderPrime

CrusaderPrime

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, I guess I will start:
I have been a chef for nearly 20 years now, as such I have a plethora of recipes stockpiled. Any requests, send me a message and I'll post it here (or if you can suggest a better place).
I have also recently graduated (again) with a degree in Nutritional science (Registered dietary manager)...not the most exciting stuff, but If I can help any of you just say so.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Awesome. Make a thread about it.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Ill probably get into talk about snow shoveling when the snow comes back again for now not much for me to discuss here
Back to top Go down
Northern Shield

Northern Shield

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:31 am

I'm a trained emergency first aid attendant, and have used my skills multiple times over the years in situations where I came across someone who was injured.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am

Maybe a thread about helping injured people on the street or mending your own wounds after a rough fight? I think that could benifit us all.
Back to top Go down
Superhuman

Superhuman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 am

Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Basic strategies for localized emergency/disaster management could also be a valuable tool if you're the first person or team on scene when a horrific event occurs. Knowing what to do and in what order can save lives, but it requires organizational and analytical skills, as well as an ability to maintain and project calm in chaotic situations.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:31 pm

CrusaderPrime wrote:
Well, I guess I will start:
I have been a chef for nearly 20 years now, as such I have a plethora of recipes stockpiled. Any requests, send me a message and I'll post it here (or if you can suggest a better place).
I have also recently graduated (again) with a degree in Nutritional science (Registered dietary manager)...not the most exciting stuff, but If I can help any of you just say so.

COOL!

The kitchen is the bridge between life and death!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:31 pm

I just got drywall stilts.

I haven't been able to get up on them yet
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 pm

i can kinda run in drywall stilts . not a useul skill but kinda cool
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

COOOOOL!

How the heck do I get them on??????
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

Something like this...?

New skills section Skywal10

I'd say find some spot like the couch or the back of a car or a low wall, so you're elevated first. Then put your feet in the feet things and your calves in the calf things, then ratchet down the feet straps.

These look basically like powerbocks that aren't bouncy.

If you skip the elevated place to sit down you'll have to do a weird pushup thing in order to stand up... not the easiest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am

I never could get off the ground like that. These use muscles that are pretty much not used elsewhere, so it will be almost impossible to maintain your balance right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I never could get off the ground like that. These use muscles that are pretty much not used elsewhere, so it will be almost impossible to maintain your balance right off the bat.

YOU FORGET WHO YOU ARE TYPING TO, SON!!

WAAAHAAAAAA

ME SO MUSCLEY
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm

E0N wrote:
Something like this...?

New skills section Skywal10

I'd say find some spot like the couch or the back of a car or a low wall, so you're elevated first. Then put your feet in the feet things and your calves in the calf things, then ratchet down the feet straps.

These look basically like powerbocks that aren't bouncy.

If you skip the elevated place to sit down you'll have to do a weird pushup thing in order to stand up... not the easiest thing ever.

YASSSS!

BUT
these are fancier than mine.

I cot the sit=place but, then woudl stand up inTO the ceiling.
SO, I have to go the firestairs

but I can't get the strappys tight 'nuf yet and I don't want to use the top end
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:48 pm

If you don't use the top part (straps) you won't have counter-pressure/balance whatever and the stilts will probably collapse from under you (like fall to the side). It'd be like trying to stand on a stick.

And as tight as possible is important -- without it you might be able to still walk around, but you'll get tired quickly because your muscles will be compensating for shifts in balance.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:

Yeah.... not easy... nor is that kneeling stand up thing. I kinda resigned myself to just being able to walk and sprint a little in them. The novelty has kind of worn off. :/
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 pm

I haven't worn mine since last years aids walk.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Since it is a word that can mean a lot of things to different people, can you tell me what you mean when you say "metaphysics?"
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 am

I talked to my colleage who does stilts and he says that I HAVE to use the side bars.

...and, yes, please, to answering Idea Man's question.

I look forward to reading those
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Meta-physics would technically be defined as the study of the physics of physics. "Meta" indicates that it is something ABOUT something else, but is not itself, that something. In psychology for example, there is a concept called "Meta-emotion." This is emotions about emotions. Being angry at yourself for feeling sad. Being sad because you feel guilty. Etc. When speaking of the subject of physics one usually uses the word "quantum" as prefix, not 'meta" as the forces and mechanisms responsible for the fundamental forces of the universe operate on the quantum level. Therefore, "meta-physic" is essentially a meaningless word.

The mystical, magical crowd though, uses it as a blanket term to describe anything that is supposedly indescribable by actual science. Magic, or Magick is you're feeling poserish, ghosts, psychics, etc. They usually can't even agree on what their subject should be called, and almost never on how exactly it is supposed to work.

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 am

I love word-dissection.

Thank you, Gadgetastic
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

I was hoping to hear what Urban Avenger meant by it. As I said, it means different things depending on who you ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New skills section Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New skills section
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next