Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

help me to make a decision

Go down 
+9
Vulpo
Stephen Hannaway
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Leviathan
The Reverend
Equal
Flora V. Arbor
Kuaquer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

help me to make a decision - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:06 pm

How many people do you know who can take down several
drug traffickers with guns and do it alone?
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 pm

do not know any, but Batman inspires me and if I want something really train the maximum and there will be seen. They say the realidad than fiction.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:35 pm

well, messing with drug traffickers is a good way to get killed.

What about unprotected people?

Where are they and what are their dangers.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:41 pm

The traffickers sell drugs to anyone.
Up to a relative or acquaintance
It shows you do not know about Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Messing with drug traffickers is a good way to get killed in any country.

You typed that you want to stop
drug traffickers
AND
protect people
as if they are two different things.

Are protecting people from drug traffickers or different dangers?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 am

Dude, if you're going after large gangs you DO NOT EVER physically engage them in a fight. Buy a good camera, recorder, make plans but don't walk in and expect to "kung-fu" them...

You'll get shot. Many many many times. In the face.

At the end of it they shouldn't even know you exist.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 am

Kuaquer wrote:
the police will find them frozen, with evidence of crime

Oh God, I hope that's a bad translation...
Back to top Go down
Superhuman

Superhuman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 am

!!!!????
Back to top Go down
herointraining

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:07 am

Che Kuaquer, estás ahí? Necesito que me respondas unas cosas, porque sos el único que conozco aparte de Menganno en Argentina.

1-En que provincia estás?
2-Cuantos años tenés?

Si estás en Capital Federal y querés estudiar Criminología en la Universidad de la Policía Federal, te aviso que toman gente con contactos nada más. Si no tenés un conocido adentro ya va a ser dificil. Mandarse solo a lo Rambo contra los chorros solo va a hacer que te bajen de un tiro. Pensá con el cerebro no con la testosterona.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:50 am

Permanecer sobre los edificios? Necesitaras practicar parkour... aunque la verdad no hay mucha utilidad tactica o practica. Hay mejores lugares para ocultarse y una azotea puede convertirse en una trampa sin salida.
Aun asi, practicar parkour no es mala idea.

Volviendo a los estudios, debes encontrar tu vocacion. Estudia para lo que estes mejor capacitado. Nada peor que elegir la profesion incorrecta.

Sea la profesion que elijas, siempre hay alguna manera de ayudar a los demas.

(In english)
Stay on the buildings? You will need to practice parkour ... though admittedly stand on rooftops is not very useful tactic. There are better places to hide and a roof can be a dead end.
Still, practicing parkour is not bad idea.

Returning to the studies, you must find your vocation. Study for what you're best qualified. Nothing worse than choose the wrong profession.

Any the profession you choose, there is always some way to help others.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 am

Good luck taking down the drug traffickers in Argentina.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I would suggest reading "The True Path of the Ninja" and "Spiritual Practices of the Ninja". It helps cultivate inner peace, and thus you are comfortable with either option and may find a creative way to incorporate both simultaneously. The Shinobi No Mono warriors were much more than mere fighters, thieves, and assasins. A lot of what they did was psychological and for them was a sacred way of life. They train for years and they do not stop. It takes a lot of discipline, and it will test your metal but you must push yourself, once you do, you won't be afraid. You'll know how to enter, manage, and exit a situation and potentially nasty ones without anyone even knowing you're there.

Train your ability to notice things. Subtle details most take for granted. A good way to train this is the following:

Get a deck of cards and flip over the first three top ones and lay them in a row, glance real quick, trying to remember each card and the order and whether they're upside down or not, do the same with two more sets of three, then stop, then try to recall the orders of the previous nine cards in their sequence and proper orders, and record your results. If it's too difficult at first then try a lower number of sets, such as two or even one if you're really struggling. Over time increase the amount of cards, eventually your power to observe a situation with a single glance will become quite formidable. If you get really good your subconscious mind will relay things to your conscious mind that would have otherwise gone un-noticed, giving you an ESP qaulity of skill. Truly invaluable for thinking at a lightning quick pace, evaluating threats and situations at a hyper accelerated rate, memorisation of names, features, plate numbers, addresses, etc, and retaining your training in other areas for a prolonged duration of time.

Hope this helps. My computer's acting all goofy so my apologies for not being able to translate this into Spanish for you; perhaps another member here will for you. Smile

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

I like this card thing a lot...good stuff
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:09 pm

More valuable training for taking down the drug traffickers of Argentina:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm

(re: 204's advice) OR...you could disregard that, and just go observe your surroundings in a much more detailed way then you ever have before.

Nothing beats good experience, and that's what you'll need in your area. You need to know what's going down when, and which people are involved and which are victims. You need to know when it is safest to approach, and when you really need to stay away to avoid escalating a situation to extreme violence (against a potential victim).

You don't need ESP or ninja skills, but you do need common sense and decisiveness. Every person can lose because they make a bad decision, but the odds of losing increase dramatically if you make no decision.

As for your educational choice, most people are not happiest letting others decide their future for them. If you're unsure of what you want out of your own life, how is anyone else supposed to know?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Gauge of Brilliance
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 am

Can common sense be taken as major?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 am

Please, oh, please.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:50 am

Military academies produce some excellent critical thinkers and situational analysts. I have seen some world class screw-ups become productive members of society as a result of military service and education.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:52 am

Come to think of it, the issue in this thread might be well handled by joining the military in your country. You'll get training and valuable skills, and access to materials and equipment you otherwise wouldn't have.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Gauge wrote:
Military academies produce some excellent critical thinkers and situational analysts. I have seen some world class screw-ups become productive members of society as a result of military service and education.
I haven't seen what you're talking about. I'm around military environments all the time and the one thing I've come to associate with people in said environments is 'incompetence'. This mostly just applies to the Navy, though, and it's based on my experience.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Guess it depends on the program. Some want independent soldiers, others just troops that uncritical does whatever they're told.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Double Helix wrote:
Gauge wrote:
I haven't seen what you're talking about. I'm around military environments all the time and the one thing I've come to associate with people in said environments is 'incompetence'. This mostly just applies to the Navy, though, and it's based on my experience.

If you are going to insult the Navy, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside

WAAAAAAAHAAAAAA!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Followers are needed as much as leaders are. If leaders were all we had, nothing would ever get accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Double Helix wrote:
Gauge wrote:

If you are going to insult the Navy, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside
Not at all, I'm not insulting the Navy, but rather the people in it. Specifically the officers who scramble to attain their own luxury at the expense of progress or common sense being executed in systems where it should. That is what I meant by incompetence, I've met men like this myself, and I don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

help me to make a decision
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next