Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pyrotechnics

Go down 
+14
Zombie
Bandit
Midnight100
Rook
Kaiju
Amphiptere
Red-Ivy
Gauge
Wolf
Urban Avenger
Leviathan
Stephen Hannaway
DarkShadow
Ninja
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 pm

So...its a bit late here atm but...

if people are interested I will put together a post on this subject.

Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 am

I'm Interested.

DS out
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

smoke and mirrors is my thing Razz count me up for it!
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 pm

was hoping for more than two reply's Laughing

but im sure more will make use of it once its up...

ill start writing something up but will probably end up making some videos as its hard explaining some things + im bet most of you wont know have a clue what im on about and it will be much easier to show you.

not only this but i dont want heroes loosing fingers!
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Are we talking distraction pyrotechnics or destruction pyrotechnics? I'll see either of those.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:14 pm

This oughta be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 am

Agreed.

-Wolf
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I assume the chemicals you will be using for this display will come from easily accessible sources, such as household items.
Back to top Go down
Red-Ivy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Ninja wrote:
So...its a bit late here atm but...

if people are interested I will put together a post on this subject.

So what happened? It's been 8 days since you declared you would post something on the subject, did something go wrong with your little video? Did you lose any fingers? I'm interested in what kind of display you would record and post here. Something good and practical I hope. And throwing firecrackers at hobos don't count, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Red ivy why dont you post an introduction?
Back to top Go down
Red-Ivy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Seems I have over looked that. There is now a posted Introduction about myself in the Introduction section. Thanks for the reminder.

~Ivy~
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Hope he didn't blow himself to kingdom come while he was showing us how to blow the bad guys to kingdom come...
Back to top Go down
Red-Ivy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:25 pm

My hope precisely, but if he has something of note and use in the field, I'd be interested to see it.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 am

Quote :

So what happened? It's been 8 days since you declared you would post something on the subject, did something go wrong with your little video? Did you lose any fingers? I'm interested in what kind of display you would record and post here. Something good and practical I hope. And throwing firecrackers at hobos don't count, just so you know.

ah ha. Bit of a firecracker ourselves aren't we?
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 am

Leviathan wrote:
Are we talking distraction pyrotechnics or destruction pyrotechnics? I'll see either of those.

I'll cover both but i will only be showing "how to" vids on distraction. unless somebody proves destruction could be used by RLSH for a good reason...after all do you or anyone else here need to stop violent criminals with guns? If yes then distraction can be just as good!

Gauge wrote:
I assume the chemicals you will be using for this display will come from easily accessible sources, such as household items.

Not "household" items but yes...easily obtainable!

Red-Ivy wrote:

Nope im just fine! Ive been working a lot lately and have been real busy trying to set up a small business...so giving you guys some info on pyro hasn't been top of my list of priorities! plus i haven't finished the videos...if i dont get time to soon ill write what i need to then you can either try and understand that or wait for visual instructions.

ok so the nature of some comments leads me to believe some of you think this has no use here but i hope to prove you wrong! Im no expert Neutral but i have been playing with pyro for a while now and have just started to think that they could come in very handy...of course it depends what crimes you like to fight...
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 am

Ok you know what...I have a bit of time to kill so ill make a start:

So to begin with there are 3 main types of pyro:

Flashes
Projectiles
Bangs

Each can be used separably or in conjunction with each other. Take a standard rocket firework which uses all 3:

Projectile>bang>flash

where as a Catherine Wheel uses just 2:

Projectile>Flash (but instead of separate events they are simultaneous)

So before we start you need to decide what you are going to need out of you pyro work.

Do you need to distract? lure? startle? frighten? disperse?
Do you need to keep distance?
Do you need to light and area up or signal for help?

For most of you it will be one of the top uses however as I have said you can use multiple techniques for multiple effects. So have a sit a think which you need.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm already loving this topic. Can't wait to see what posts pop up! Very Happy
For me, I like to keep distance and frighten and startle all at the same time, I'm not one for destructive pyrotechnics unless you have an effective and safe way to use them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Hmmm....actually, I could possibly get some use out of the flash/bang types some day. Not so sure about the projectile type, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:24 pm

O-kay, the edit button seems to have vanished, so I guess I'll post this separately......

Got anything non-dangerous to use? Like smoke bombs, only flashier?
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:49 pm

This has indeed become an attention-getter. Glad to know that you're okay, Ninja, and there is a bit of wisdom in not posting "here's how to make a grenade."

I do hope, however, it will be something we can't otherwise already acquire at the local magic shop (flash paper, smoke bombs). Those things are cool, and knowledge of how they're made is indeed beneficial....perhaps new applications to those old standbys would be helpful as well.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Midnight100

Midnight100

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 pm

I've made myself little easy igniting bottle rockets a while back for patrols. You simply pull an ignition strip that ignites matches and in turn the fuse. I actually used one of these about two weeks ago on a patrol to frighten someone who was trying to break into a car. No confrontation, just ignited it threw it it exploded with a loud bang and he ran off.

They're small and could hardy do any major damage unless you deliberately attempted to do so. However I really don't want to carry them to often. They're useful, but pyrotechnics are often frowned on in New York. I'm considering removing them from my utility belt, though after the aforementioned incident I'm wavering on a decision.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Midnight thats awesome! I think I'm going to start doing that when I patroll cause I'm not good with confrontation. Really hoping this is going to be something awesome ninja.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm

It's interesting that in Phoenix, it's legal for me to carry a concealed firearm, but not bottle rockets (smoke bombs, flash paper, and sparklers are okay, though).

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Red-Ivy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 am

The Magician wrote:
Red-Ivy wrote:
ah ha. Bit of a firecracker ourselves aren't we?

A little bit I suppose. Ninja mentioned he didn't want any RLSHs losing any fingers. And then he hasn't posted the video yet, so, naturally, one thinks, "What went wrong? He lost his fingers!" Just found it humorous. And I am interested in what kind of display will be included in a video. Ninja also mentioned dispersing a crowd, so, will he use some 'extras' in his film, or a random crowd he finds on patrol and needs dispersing or will he be throwing firecrackers at hobos? Kind of funny to envision which route he will take. I don't know what to expect, obviously, but looking forward to it. And I'm not saying I don't take you seriously Ninja, I do. Just the whole posts, announcements about the subject and then the gaps in time, you can fill in the blanks with some funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Ok, let's give ninja some time to reply. He needs extra time to reply with only three fingers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pyrotechnics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pyrotechnics
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: