Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Abilities Does a RLSH Need (Part 2)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

What Abilities Does a RLSH Need (Part 2) Empty
PostSubject: What Abilities Does a RLSH Need (Part 2)   What Abilities Does a RLSH Need (Part 2) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 am

Great question . . . unfortunately, I can't seem to reply to posts in this section. So I've got to start a new thread to answer:

Here's my brainstorm:

I. Functional Strength:

- The 5BX program ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) is a great place to start. I want to tweak this for RLSH.

- Bill Pearl has a 20 month weight lifting program ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

II. Cardio

- Check out Hal Higdon's site ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

- I'd suggest doing 40% strength training and 60% cardio.

III. Martial Arts

- If it's in your budget, join a martial arts school that 'feels right.' Don't worry about the style.

- Check out Bas Rutten's MMA CDs if you're training out on your own ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

IV. Sprinting/Jumping:

- Jump rope. Fast feet = speed. Check out the Buddy Lee stuff at ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

- American Parkour has some good training info. Start with their warm-up workout at ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

- Actual sprinting workouts are pretty intense. Don't just jump into these. Here's a good one to get your started ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
Back to top Go down

What Abilities Does a RLSH Need (Part 2)
Page 1 of 1