Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Menganno assaulted

Go down 
+4
Silent Defender
Gauge
Leviathan
El Zorzal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Looks like some thieves shot Menganno's civilian car to rob him. He and his wife are ok, but he used a gun to repel the thieves. You cant carry guns in this country unless you are a cop or a bodyguard, but he had a photo where you could see his police hat ,so yeah, guy's a cop. Too bad, because dead cops are not a strange thing in this city.

Spoiler:

If he is smart i am pretty sure he will lay low, but kids from their superhero school are going to miss him a lot. None of the thieves were caught, so i think it would be wise to not drive that car...

The original article, here: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1548318-el-superheroe-menganno-se-enfrento-a-tiros-con-delincuentes (in spanish, but you can translate it with google if you want)
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

And thus the need for secret identities.

Cops already have it bad. Now just add heroes with no union affiliation or serious team backing, and this will happen.

Oddly enough, from the pictures, they fired into the passenger side. Was he driving or was his wife?
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Yup

In the video interview he said the thieves surrounded the vehicle when they were in his garage and he was with his gun on his lap, so he shot everywhere. I am sure he was in the drivers seat. Worse part is,people know now where he lives.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

So, was Menganno driving or was he the passenger? From the bullet holes it appears the goons were aiming at the passenger side of the car, and firing from (their own) left of the passenger side, so I'm guessing he was the passenger. As I see no pictures of holes in the passenger door, I would also guess he wasn't able to get out of the car when he fired.

Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Ha! I really wasn't copying you, Leviathan, just took me awhile to post. Great minds, and all...

The picture here doesn't make it clear which shots are Menganno's and which are the goons' shots. But you say he had the gun in his lap???
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 pm

After studying the pictures some more, I see only two rounds coming from straight on. (one in the center of the windshield near the driver side windshield wiper, one on the hood, possibly a ricochet from there into the glass)

It is possible given the other angles that he or the driver took offensive action and drove towards the gunmen, they jumped aside to the passenger side trying to avoid getting run down, and he shot through an open passenger side window.

Either way, I'd say it's time for him to invest in kevlar door panels and polycarbonate glass.
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah, probably cleaning it or something like that. Menganno didnt even know how many shots he fired, anyway, it was a really crappy day, so i think that is not important.

I agree, time for him to defend his family and himself
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 am

Glad Menganno and his wife are OK. I do not think that criminals return to retaliate. Criminals are lazy and cowardly people, who will prefer an easier target rather than risk.
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 am

Crap, they are not ok, the media told everyone his secret identity (he is an ex cop), and found out that his weapon permission was expired, so he was charged with illegal weapon possession of a .40 caliber Glock (BTW looks like he fired all the shots). They even showed that he has debts for almost $100.000 pesos, and now they are saying that the whole thing could be a set up (to get more press, or to commit insurance fraud so he can pay his debt)
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am

Oh man that sucks! I'll be praying for him and his family..
Back to top Go down
Arpenteur

Arpenteur

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:34 am

God, what a silly thing for him and his whole family, hope things will be better soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Auto insurance would only cover the damages to the vehicle and items
inside. It would not cover his other bills or debts. Besides, at
100,000 Spanish Peseta, that's only $800. Not a lot of debt to worry
about.

No, there's something more going on here.

And when I
translated the page, it said something about "Journalists bad milk"?
I'm not sure if that's Engrish or what he meant. If I take a looser
translation I can only guess that he's saying that the journalists there
and he have a not so good relationship or that they are just bad
journalists?

Finally: I've done more forensics on the photos taken and picked up on some of the news being put out there. The news is saying that the cops said that "ALL" the shots came from inside the vehicle.

This isn't true. There is clear inward splintering of the doorframe cowl and the windshield. Not to mention the ricochet mark on the hood that goes INTO the windshield under the drivers side wiper. This could not have been done from the inside as it would have posed such an odd angle for him to shoot from either in the passenger or driver seat.

And the angle of that shot is at an angle that could not only be done just from the outside given its forward compression of the metal, but given how most thugs shoot, it was from someone about 5'7" 5'11. Menganno is much larger. And unless he was in two places at once and shooting from his hip, this was not him.

This is what we call in America, reasonable doubt.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Ooops. Spoke too soon. Aparently he's in Argentina. So the debt comes out to roughly $20,142.
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Yup we are in Argentina man, we have talked before hahah, besides i dont think people accept pesetas anymore hehe

He said that one of their bullets went near his head , but the media is clearly making him look like a crazy guy with lots of debts
"bad milk" or mala leche is argentinian slang to name a certain someone who is trying to harm you physically or socially on purpose.

I ll keep you guys updated, but from now on he will be swimming in a pool of problems
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 am

At least Menganno and his wife escaped unharmed.

He now has several options:
- Moving from town to appear in another city.
- Abandoning her life as RLSH.
- Becoming a political activist exploiting this incident. Something like a argentinean Super Barrio.
- Or carry on as if nothing had happened.

Zorzal, let him know that I will raise my sigils for him from Mexico.
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

News about Menganno: looks like he might be called for the argentinian version of Dancing with the Stars. People are debating on his facebook account if that will do good or bad for his reputation
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 am

Always a matter of debate exposure to the mass media. Depends on how these media treat the RLSH. Argentina goes through hard times, and need an inspiration, a hero. Moreover, the worst that can happen is that you know that Menganno is a bad dancer, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 am

*HELMETPALM*
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

Hrmn...Captain Sticky was extremely campy, but raised quite a bit of awareness. May not be a bad thing.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 am

Well, looks like it just a wish from his fans. The problem is that if he is called to dance, he will end up doing this like this at dinner time:

SPOILER: the most hideous and disgusting show on the air.
Spoiler:

Anyway, if Menganno goes in that hellhole, i wouldnt know what to think about him....

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 am

Tell him next time for shooting through a windshield from inside a car, first you shoot to make one hole, then you push the gun forcefully into the hole and shoot through it.
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Heh i will, but i guess he was too panicked to think rationally
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Or just floor it and make a couple of red skid-marks on the pavement of his aggressors. Fixing the bumper would be easier than the windshield.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm

While you're inside a garage.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

At least they'd stop shooting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Menganno assaulted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menganno assaulted   Menganno assaulted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Menganno assaulted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: