Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

moving

Go down 
+8
Leviathan
E0N (Inactive)
Gauge
Bandit
Rook
Amphiptere
Equal
dark protecter
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 12:57 pm

heres the deal im moving with a friend she know about the rlsh and the stuff that we/you guys do so we agreed to move to the most dangerous city. but we dont know which one to choose give feed back please
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Bagdad.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 6:12 pm

In the US? Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Yep, lists vary, but Detroit and St. Louis seems to make all the lists at one point or another:

http://www.curiosityaroused.com/world/the-10-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-in-2013/

-Rook
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 7:42 pm

thanks guys ill talk to her about it but i also need plenty of rlsh members too plz and thank you
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Don't get shot or stabbed!
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Perhaps, instead of simply choosing the most dangerous city possible, you could first analyze your goals, evaluate your capabilities and resources, and find a city that challenges you to overcome current limitations.

You also may choose a city not for it's crime rate, but by the likelihood of witnessing crimes in progress.

Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2013 6:51 am

good i dea
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

Seems legit
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Equal wrote:
Bagdad.

I hear that place is getting better, explosions are down by 20% this year and the tourism industry is booming.

Chicago. Most corrupt, most murders and other violent crimes within city limits than any other not in an internationally declared war zone for three years straight. Detroit is most decrepit and falls right behind in violent crimes. If you're looking for the most crime committed per year total, I suggest Washington District of Criminals.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Leviathan wrote:

I suggest Washington District of Criminals.
Nice Pun. Smile
All jokes aside, I can definitely attest to how Chicago is one of the more worse off cities. From all the people I know that are from Chicago (quite a few of them too) they all complain about the crime rate there. There's news reports on shootings almost every week there.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2013 1:17 am

You might also look at the crime rate per population...In a town of 100, 10 crimes a week would be a high rate....However...in a town of 100,000, 1000 crimes would be a much smaller percentage.

and look at those numbers for the metro area as opposed to the city itself because oft times, the crimes are committed in areas that are covered by the county instead of the city but are still annexed to the city itself.

If you look at all those numbers together, you might be surprised to learn that the crime rate percentages per population are lower in some areas than you might think...Five of the top ten most dangerous metropolitan areas in the country according to the FBI are in Arkansas...when you drop it to city only that changes and ironically New York and Chicago still werent in the top ten.

My suggestion...the same advice I give everyone who starts this journey...is my three point formula

1. Find a need
2. Find a way to meet that need
3. Be creative and have fun
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 am

Another thing to consider is breaking the cities down into districts and looking at where the dangerous areas are. A city may seem safe statistically, but have an area that is incredibly dangerous and crime filled. At the same time, a city may have a reputation for being dangerous, yet have areas that are safer than you can imagine.

In Pine Bluff, Arkansas, there was a five block radius around the motel I was hired to manage where crime was out of control. The police were constantly having issues there. Violence, drug trafficking, prostitution, thefts, carjackings, etc. This area is walking distance from the police station and within eyesight of the downtown area. When I went back to work for this place, the city was literally trying to close it down because the problems originated from there.

My first week there, I recognized several names of people I had banned from the property the first time I worked there because of the problems they caused. ALL of those people left without being told when they saw I was back. The second week, the ones I didnt know personally, but suspected of being a problem left as well...why? Because I made it inconvenient for them to do business.

The first week I was there, we were catching people breaking into rooms on the fifth floor to hide and do drugs.

The second week, we were catching them before they got in the building.

The third week, we caught them before they ever got on the parking lot.

By the fourth week, I had police officers asking me what my secret was because the calls to that five block area had dropped drastically.

The city police and County Sheriff's department had meetings about what I was doing there. I know because I have friends on both forces.

They were amazed that anyone cared enough to stand up to the thugs that had been controlling that part of town. They were worried that I was going to go overboard and hurt someone.

I eventually had to have a sit down discussion with one of the lieutenants about what I was doing and had him write a statement for me to show the officers I interacted with so they would know that I was trained and reasonable and was not presenting a threat to them or the public.

I later found out that the FBI has a file on me as well because of their involvement with the drug task force.

I changed things there by being on top of things and made a difference. So much of a difference that the city backed off trying to close the place and it became a place where families were able to stay as they tried to regain their lives from homelessness and poverty.

Within a couple months I was spending most of my time maintaining the building...making it a nicer place to stay...posting the want ads every day to help people find work...and watching people go from sleeping in alleys and begging for food to having jobs and finding apartments and rent houses for their family.

I would still be there if the owner wasn't such a douchebag...After cleaning up his property, my reward was to get fired so that his nephew could have the job.

Since I left there, the place is once again unsafe...the nephew was deported...one of the tenants was murdered...another tenant stabbed someone there...and that part of town is once again hopeless.

and since moving to Hot Springs, I've been able to rebuild my own life...I am getting myself in shape...I'm finding ways to serve my community...and of course, there's that whole stopped my neighbor from being murdered thing.

The point is...You can make a difference wherever you are.

If you arent making an impact where you are, then I would advise you to ask yourself what will be different when you move.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2013 4:38 am

there's actually a listing of states that have the most crime and the danger of the crime. Las Vegas, New York City, (several cities in Texas), Detroit, A few cities in California.. The type of crime also varies. New York and Las Vegas see a lot of organized crime VS Gang Crime. Texas, and California get a mixture of both. I'll be honest. Don't get mixed up in stuff in Vegas or New York, In Vegas you'll likely end up in a collection of " Missing Posters " I have on my wall... in NY.... Various things.... Texas is bad for it's Drug Cartels.... the chikano's move a lot of cocaine and other stuff across the border.

I am going to have to agree with Crossfire, moving into new Territory is dangerous, especially if you're already doing something good for the people around you already. I fear no living creature on this planet, but I'll be brutally honest. I live in Vegas, and the strip scares me... after a while places... and objects... they become tainted by events and people... there's a lot of evil here in Vegas, and I haven't found any other heroes here. it's a lost cause until more people show up... people willing to use a level of force this forum may or may not find reasonable in line with the law... so i won't talk about that.

the only advice i can really offer you is safety in numbers, and know your surroundings, exit strategies... subterfuge.... escape.. you need to really know how to work dangerous places. being prepared is no joke if you want to go to a dangerous city.
Back to top Go down
CrusaderPrime

CrusaderPrime

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Gary Indiana!
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2013 12:53 am

If you know what you're doing, Vegas isn't any worse than New York. It just takes a higher level of interpersonal skills, and a extra dose of good judgment along with a shit ton of de-escalation ability.

You also need to know when you're ABOUT to get in over your head. Knowing when you're already there means you won't have time to flee.

I patrolled there and Reno both for six months each. Reno was tamer by far, but Vegas -- although challenging in many ways -- is just an extreme example of any other dangerous city. When you break it down, it has all the same crime elements.
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 am

me and my friend have reviewed your guys comments and we are going with vegas sincce it has organized crime and thats what we wanted to tackle first thank you guys for the feedback
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 am

If you are going up against organized crime, do some research on it. If handeled wrong, you'll get dead or make it worse.
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 12:47 pm

thank you equal i will heed your warning
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Why dont you guys come up to Iqaluit Full of Dangerous offenders such as sex offenders murderers and pedophiles who are banned from ever returning back to their home communities Also a very high amount of bootlegging with drugs and alcohol plus the crime rate is increasing to higher levels all the time I could use the back up especially durring the summer tourist season
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 3:58 pm

What is your plan for combatting organized crime? And do you specifically mean the Mafia, or do you mean the whole of roganized crime? The terms covers more than simply mob families.

Organized crime exists in every major city, and it is suicide for a team of RLSH to tackle it head on, no matter how much research you do to prepare. Governments have task forces to deal with these criminals.

I suggest you stay street level, stopping violent crimes in progress, if you're going to patrol for crimes.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 pm

.... If You're coming to Vegas, You better get in touch with me personally before hand. I don't react very well to new people in my City with out my knowledge and doing things that could jeopardize what I am working towards. to get a hold of me, https://www.facebook.com/irondemon.rlsh go here. I'd like to know dates when you plan to come out here, times when you want to do things.. etc.. Mainly because I'd like to welcome you personally.. secondly because I need to keep as many tabs on the RLSH out here in my area.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Awkwardly inappropriate there, Iron Demon. On what authority do you require someone to "check in" with you before they choose to come to Las Vegas? This may be one of the single most arrogant demands I have ever heard on this forum.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Why? because as many of you would love to think this isn't a community with your single-minded ways, This is a community and we need to work together.... there needs to be communication.... I want to know who's out here doing what. I don't want to see people doing things that would harm the good reputation of the people who are part of that community. If I may seem Arrogant to you that's your prerogative. I am taking precautions so there's no a fiasco with the LVPD, and I don't get arrested for wearing a mask, because of someone who did something else, while wearing a mask. If you cannot understand where I am coming from then again thats your prerogative.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I can agree that working together is more effective then trying to be a lone wolf. I believe it is wise to know who else is active in your area. I think it is great that you care for the reputation of the RLSH as a whole.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or arrogant about suggesting this kind of open communication between RLSH in the same city.

HOWEVER...

...what you have done is make a demand of someone you don't even know, and who has no legal or moral obligation to heed a single word you say. New people arrive in Las Vegas every 20 seconds, and I am reasonably certain they don't check in with you. Saying you "don't react very well" to new people in YOUR city, and demanding they report their schedule of planned activities is unreasonable and arrogant. And seeing as how you have absolutely no way to force compliance, your commands are IMPOTENT as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

moving
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: