Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tasing someone with a gun

Go down 
+4
Rook
Anyman
adamm[]
JohnP
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnP

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Tasing someone with a gun Empty
PostSubject: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Pretty dumb question, but thought I'd put it out there.  If you were to taze someone who's finger was on a primed gun, they would most likely pull the trigger as they tense up, right? If you guys have experience with taser effects on the body, what tends too happen?  Does the arm position change much?
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:06 am

the trigger goes off, even if they have experience, there is no definate outcome. ive seen a few youtube videos on this and cops that go through getting tasered fail to prevent themselves from firing thier guns.

i cant tell ya if the arm position changes much cause the videos i see are when therer arms are down by their sides. :(sry i am useless SadSadSad
Back to top Go down
JohnP

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:08 am

No! perfect answer mah man! Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:12 am

well do some more research because im only stating what ive seen, but im pretty sure itll be all the same, it also depends on what voltage of a taser you have, im sure police tasers are gonna fuk u up, but publicly bought ones, i dont know, unless they are the same specs as police tasers. technology changes all the time and therefoe that "facts" of "things" change as well.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:32 am

A tazer sends the electric current throughout your body. If you watch, the body twitches/convulses; that's because the electricity affects the nerves, telling the muscles to contract suddenly. There is no way to stop someone from pulling the trigger by accident, if their finger is on it.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 am

Yep, the whole body tenses when electricity courses through it.  If their finger is on the trigger and the safety is off, they'll shoot automatically when tased.  Whether they'll hit anyone is unpredictable, but that bullet's gotta land somewhere.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 am

And with most bullets traveling 1,500 feet per second and over a mile into the air, it's a safe bet that they'll probably shoot someone or something living.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 am

Anyman wrote:
And with most bullets traveling 1,500 feet per second and over a mile into the air, it's a safe bet that they'll probably shoot someone or something living.
One of the reasons for Shannon's Law.  In AZ, celebratory gunfire has been a sort of tradition until 2000.  On June 14, 1999, 14-year-old Shannon Smith was struck on top of the head by a falling bullet and killed.  I have no idea what they were celebrating (Flag Day? Family History Day? Strawberry Shortcake Day?  It was more likely someone's birthday).  At any rate, AZ passed a law making firing a gun into the air illegal.

Not that it's any better to fire it while aiming at someone...

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Strawberry Shortcake has her own day?  I bet the peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak is Pissed.
Back to top Go down
pongo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:43 pm

I've been shot twice with a taser gun. I managed to keep standing. So my faith in these non lethal weapons is little.
What is wrong with a knee to the groin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:53 am

What's wrong with a gun at fifteen feets distance? Nobody has to get hurt that way as most people will follow simple orders like "Down on the ground!" when held at gun point. Stand fifteen feet. Far away so they can't disarm you. Better draw your gun before he draws his. Things are lot more difficult otherwise. And I speak from seeing this in real life. My father being the one with the gun. I finally understand why he's always drilled me on guns and valued them so much. Because of a gun, my father didn't get beat to death by three punks in the middle of nowhere. But what I like MOST about it, was that nobody got hurt. The chances of someone getting hurt if you try to knee an assailant in the groin skyrocket in comparison. Maybe they're tough enough to take a knee in the groin. Maybe they are a black belt in five different deadly arts, who has no remourse, no compassion, and absolutely no problem with stomping down others for their own gain, BUT, like everyone, they are afraid to die. A gun fifteen feet away will remind them of that innate, fear lurking deep in their genetic code, and survival instincts will kick in. You can't fight a gun at fifteen feet. You can't flee from it. The only primal instinct left is to freeze. And hopefully, the person with the gun is not without remorse. Not willing to stomp on others for their benefit, and above, want anything other than a fight.

People who use guns don't want to fight. People use guns to win. Period. Good guys and bad guys alike.

I dunno about you, but I hate fighting. I hate violence. But in this world there are those dangers, but if you don't wish to cross that line yourself, then there aren't many options short of a hand gun, the precise reason our founding fathers gave us all the right to bare arms. Because they knew the old adage, an armed society is a polite society. We don't have much crime in Alaska. Because everyone has a gun. Be it a hunting rifle, a hand gun, or an assault rifle. Anyone over twenty one here can have a gun without a permit or license. And so many stupid folk decide not to hurt others, steal from them, or try to rape them or any other horrible thing upon them. Why? Simple. People are afraid of dying. Everyone is, whether they're able to admit it to others, to themselves, or both, you can't help but be scared to die, especially when that possibility becomes horrifyingly imminent. That's when most people discover that they truly are afraid. And that's the beauty of a gun. Like it or not, believe it or not, a gun is the safest weapon when it comes to doing everything you can to make sure everyone involved goes home safe. Do I have a gun? Nope. I'm not twenty one. But you can be sure when I do turn twenty one I'll go to granite view and get me a nice 1911 Colt. Smile

This is just my opinion and I'd like to inform others I am perfectly able of agreeing to disagree. Smile

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--John
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 am

if wearing gloves that can protect from the charge, control the gun pointing down and deliver the shock then.
Of course, do deliver the shock.
If somebody is going to be aiming a gun at you and you have the opportunity to incapacitate them, do it, you may not have the opportunity again. It is possible somebody could be hit but if you don't have any confidence in disarming you need to get that weapon away from the hands.
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Anyman wrote:

only if they are in a crowd, odds of a stray bullet hitting someone is usually pretty low, but still dangerous
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

Anyman wrote:
no its not, its more likely they will hit a building or... the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tasing someone with a gun   Tasing someone with a gun Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tasing someone with a gun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Self Defense & Martial Arts-
Jump to: