Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The IRPG

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm

My goal is to make this place a happy place. So I'm gonna start off cleaning the trash, pouring water with some defect firecrackers on the ground so no one will get hurt. Is that one of the missions of rlsh?
Back to top Go down

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Sure. So long as whatever you do doesn't hurt anyone else or yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:28 pm

How would you explain the leaves where they found the image of the lady of Guadalupe by the way?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:05 am

@Nightmare,

Take it from a man of faith. People are naturally designed to see patterns, even where the pattern isn't the one we see. That includes faces. That's not to say there's no pattern; just that a pattern can be designed in the mind, when that particular pattern isn't present.

One pattern that is present practically in everything is the Fibonacci sequence. One pattern that's open to interpretation, and may or may not be there, is a person's face in a random collection of objects.
Back to top Go down

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:42 am

Couldn't have explained it better myself. I admit the possibility of some divine supernatural creator, I just find it very unlikely and highly suspect man created god in their own image then said it happened the other way around. I could be wrong, I am happy to be able to volunteer that, easier for me to because I don't have a lot of beliefs, I adjust my opinions as I progress through life and attain new information. Guess you could say I'm too curious, I love learning, and as said, the greatest enemy of faith is knowledge. As a child I believed I was saving lives by asking god to keep everyone safe. I also believed in Santa Clause. As I grew I gradually collected information leading me to see that neither were ever true.
A man whom I was sharing my thoughts with told me once, "It must feel empty to not know God." I feel anything but empty. I'm much more open to a wide range of concepts and topics than many religions would ever allow themselves to be out of faith, or fideism, whichever you prefer.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Wanna know more about god? Ask me.
Back to top Go down

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Look Up, Down, and Around

Fire Environment Factors             Continuous Fine Fuels

Fuel Characteristics                     Heavy loading of dead and down ladder fuels.
Assess                                                Tight Crown Spacing (<20 Ft.)

Special conditions

Firebrand sources
                                                 Numerous snags
                                                 Preheated canopy
                                                 Frost and bug-kill
                                                 Unusual fine fuels
                                                 High dead to live ratio

Fuel Moisture

Feel and measure                        Low RH and 10-hr FMC [Fuel moisture content]
                                                 (Check local thresholds)
                                                 Drought conditions
                                                 Seasonal drying

Fuel Temperature
Feel and measure                        High temps (>85F)
                                                 High percent of fuels w/direct sunlight
                                                 Aspect fuel temp increasing

Terrain
Scout                                         Steep slopes (>50%)
                                                 Chutes/Chimney's (Wildland; not house chimney's)
                                                 Box Canyons
                                                 Saddles (top part of a ridge)
                                                 Narrow Canyons
                                                 Rock Formations (This isn't in the book, but it's important for cover; you learn this in the field)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The IRPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The IRPG   The IRPG - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The IRPG
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: