Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iVlad89

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study Empty
PostSubject: PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study   PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 am

Hi all!

My name is Vlad Iouchkov and I'm a Sociology PhD candidate at the University of Western Sydney, Australia. I am writing my doctorate thesis on the RLSH movement, and am specifically focusing on the personal transformations that people undergo in their process to become a Real-Life Superhero.

Part of my research involves a series of interviews (max.40) with RLSHs - either online or face-to-face - which will last no more than one hour each. Whilst the research does overlap with psychology in some regards, I wish to make it clear that I will NOT attempt to make any medical/psychological diagnoses or evaluations, as that is not an aim nor interest of mine.

I am currently looking for RLSHs who are interested in taking part in this study, which I hope will shed more light on the true nature of the RLSH Movement and the people in it. In turn, I am hoping that this will also shape public and police attitudes towards RLSHs to more positive ones.

My university's ethics committee has approved of this study, and - in line with university ethics guidelines - participants will remain anonymous when the work is published. If you choose to participate, your involvement is also purely voluntary, and you can withdraw at any time with no repercussions or questions asked. The only condition is that RLSHs MUST BE OF OR OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE, as this is both a legal and ethical requirement of my research.

If you are interested in participating, or would like some more information about the study, please reply to this post or PM me and I will send you a detailed information sheet (.PDF). All participation is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, and all the best with your work!

Vlad.
Back to top Go down
iVlad89

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study Empty
PostSubject: Re: PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study   PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 am

As a note, I'd also like to thank Urban Avenger for his permission in allowing me to post information about my study on this forum.
Back to top Go down

PhD Researcher seeking RLSHs for Sociological study
Page 1 of 1