Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WATCH OUT MANHATTAN

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Empty
PostSubject: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Obama just made you guys a prime target for a nuclear attack. Start watching Fox News; you need to be more aware of what's happening around the world now. If there is a threat you need to get out of the city ASAP. Godspeed heroes.

Oh, and for the macho/grandiose idealists who want to scream "I shalln't run away! I will stay to protect my people!" you should know the full gravity of your descision: There won't be a city anymore, people are going to die from Radiation Poisoning; the ones who weren't lucky enough to die in the flash of light, quickly and instantly. If you get radiation poisoning, the first signs will be vomiting, your internal organs will begin to shut down, and boils will cover your body, because frankly, your cooking from the inside out. Have no delusions of granduer; there is nothing honorable in staying to face an impossible threat. Get yourself, your family, your friends, and everyone you can as far away from the city as possible. Even then, your chances aren't good. If a wind blows the clouds over the city even just a hundred miles and it rains nuclear fallout will contaminate any people, water sources, and crops in the area. Start watching the television series "Jericho" There's two seasons available on DVD, the government didn't want a third being made, but shortly a graphic novel came out entitled "Jericho: Season 3" Get them all; there's vital information in them for surviving a nuclear attack. Great story too.Tthis is serious, watch your six out there.

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 pm

What the fuck is Obama's problem?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

He's exhausted, incompetent and made a stupid mistake.
I don't think it was his intention to make our nations largest city target number one, he just didn't think before he acted. Something that more people need to pay more attention to. Always think before you act, one wrong choice, a silly mistake, can cost you dearly, and cost the lives of millions, especially when you happen to be the leader of the free world. Precisely why I never want to be President.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 pm

please explain or provide a link. New York is always a target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Sure thing, I'll need a moment to find it online. I watched it live on Fox News.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Yes, I understand it's a target. The issue here is that he mentioned it out loud for all the world to see, possibly giving a lot of bad people an idea, he may as well have said directly to our enemies "Manhattan's a good target, do it there."

Ah, here's a link.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3396236274001/trump-obama-put-a-big-target-on-ny-with-nuke-comments/?playlist_id=928378949001
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:27 pm

like the world trade center on 9-11-2001? I think terrorists have already thought of that. Foreign nations have their eyes on many major cities. Obama singling out New York does not make an attack there any likelier than it was a month ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am

I am obligated to warn the citizens anyway. Just in case.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 am

Where else have you posted this warning? Have you contacted the news outlets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 am

Haha, obviously the News Outlets are already aware. I've shared it on Facebook and about to share it on the Heroes Network, Hero Friends, Superhero Academy, and Heroes Alliance; I'll get around to Tweeting it as well. That's about all I can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 am

Oh, and Visual Adjectives. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:14 am

Perhaps We Are Metas as well; haven't been over there in a while; don't even remember my password or email I used back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:20 am

Just finished up. Can't think of anywhere else I could share it online; I've been mentioning it in conversations; maybe some of my friends and coworkers and bosses have family there that they want to give a heads up to.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:09 am

So you can't write a letter to the editor of major newspapers that haven't issued warnings, or contact FEMA to see how they're preparing for an MCI (mass casualty incident), or college campuses' and national radio stations? How about getting the United Nations take on a possible nuclear threat to a key member nation? Seems to me if you were really worried you'd tell more people than just RLSH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm not concerned enough to to go severely out of my way when it has already been on major news outlets. I am concerned enough to make noise about it everywhere I am online and in my day to day life. I haven't told just RLSH. I've told my family, my friends, my bosses, my coworkers, writers, and mere acqaintences.

I try to avoid extremes, particularly unnecessary extremes.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:15 pm

well, there you go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 pm

What if everything of all this are false alarm??
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Hero Man might be jailed because of that and he'll end up losing the fight against the director
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:14 pm

There was never really an "alarm"; it was merely something stupid he said on television that has the potential to attract an attack specifically aimed at Manhattan. So it can't be a false alarm, as there was no real alarm sound off or anything, I merely felt the need to give a heads up to the citizens in the event they were unaware and wished to know.

Haha, I won't be jailed for giving anyone a heads up. Last a checked we still have freedom of speech in America. If I am, you can bet that I will make a whole lot of noise about it as it would be one of the most ludicrous legal actions in history. I didn't even speak badly of the president; I simply think he was tired and made an honest mistake. I could be wrong, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in this case. People have not been jailed for saying much worse things and making way way more noise than I have on social networking forums. If they're okay, I have a strong feeling I will be as well.

But hey, this country is going downhill and they've attacked our rights before trying to make examples out of people and scare the rest of the sheep into doing whatever they say. Fear is a powerful motivator, but I can assure you, I will never, not even in jail, be afraid to sa what I feel needs to be said. I will not be silenced by anything short of a bullet through my skull on issues that I feel are important.

And even if I was jailed, my fight against the Director would not be compromised; there's plenty of people to tell about the Director; even in jail. One more parent that knows the truth is one more parent who won't send there child there and less money that the Director will get to fund her operations. Jail won't silence me.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:04 pm

I find it odd that in one earlier post you say it is your obligation to warn the citizens, but you later say you are not concerned enough to go severely out of your way. So you have done it in the way that is easiest and most convenient for you. Bravo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:25 pm

And because it's already been broadcast on various News Outlets.

I prefer easy and convenience; and it is awfully convenient to be a part of a lot of forums and a large social network of friends and acqaintences, some who probably reposted it on there pages and told their friends and family about it, who may have shared it with someone else. I can't know how many people I have warned but I did what I could.

Between the news, papers, and social networking efforts, I'd like to hope enough citizens have been notified to create a ripple affect across the neighborhood.

Whoa, brain fart; I should look around to see if there's any social networking forums specifically for New Yorkers; then I can know that a good amount are aware; I'm sure there's a good amount of RLSH in that area too, but between the posts on the forums already they should already be aware.

But yeah, I don't like complicating things and I trust the power of word of mouth; it's amazing what can happen just by saying something, even if it's not all over the place. Smile

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Found one. I just sent this message to the New Yorker. I'd say that just about puts the finishing cap on what I set out to do.

"This is a warning from Hero Man to the citizens of Manhattan. Obama inadvertantly put a target on you guys. http://video.foxnews.com/v/3396236274001/trump-obama-put-a-big-target-on-ny-with-nuke-comments/?playlist_id=928378949001
I feel an obligation to warn people who are unaware/don't watch the news, and so I have been making noise on social netoworking forums and then I realized that the best chance I have at informing the citzens of Manhattan is to contact a website specifically for New Yorkers, and I came across this site, and was unable to find an adequate place to post this warning, and so I am contacting you personally.
It will give me peace of mind to know a large amount of citizens are aware. What they wish to do with the information is up to them, but if there truly is a nuclar threat, I want anyone who isn't aware to be aware so that they can begin preparing if they feel the need. I trust that by telling you, you can help spread the word further. The people need to know, if not enough know already.

--Hero Man"

Chances are they won't take me too awfully seriously; probably won't even get an email back from them. But I feel good knowing I've done what I can. Sure, only took a day; but my mission asa superhero is to be a rolemodel; for citizens ad heroes. Now, what if ALL the rlsh took a day to get the word out where they could? That's why I'm a rolemodel; working together we can make a huge difference, far bigger than any one person ever could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm

I'd look for more, but it's starting to feel a little excessive. XD
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 pm

I really try to stay out of political topics because they’re based on beliefs. Talking politics, is much like talking religion… if not handled right, it always drifts into an argument.

When listening to Fox News, you have to take it with a grain of salt and know what you’re dealing with. Fox News is NOT neutral. They pride themselves on their demographics and target markets. They serve those who fund them such as the extreme right.

These are hardcore Conservative Republicans fighting to hold on to the ‘Old Ways’ and traditions. They tend to be bigots through word and hypocrites through action. They depend on fear, sarcasm, and resentment to act as proof to their premises when presented. This is why, they have so much difficulty surviving true debates on their services, ideologies, and techniques.

In the Marine Corps we used to have a statement that summed this up, “Whining is complaining without a proposed solution!”

Fox News WHINES all the time and mask it with their hate. Ask yourself, what are they proposing in this dialog, other than fear and resentment?

If America has chosen President Obama as our leader, why is it SO difficult to stand behind the choice of the people that they serve? Unless, of course, this is the group that they don’t serve? 

Fox News serve the 'Old World' rich haters, along with their lower-class 'wannabees'.

Fox News works very hard to influence and train those ‘without’ to be like those that ‘have’. They teach them to cut off their own nose in spite of their face. Think-about-it, for a moment… a team has always had more strength than an individual. A community has always been better for survival as compared to being alone… after all, it takes a village to raise a child.

Working together, works miracles of goodness.

If you listen to ‘them’, they call it taking from ‘ME’ to give to the ‘USELESS’. Taking from the ‘HAVES’ to give to the ‘HAVE-NOTS’. Taking from the rich to give to the poor. Even though, the ones funding them and pulling their strings control the entire country from the shadows and reside higher than the top 1 percent.

It is VERY important that you take ANYTHING coming from Fox News with a grain of salt. 

They can’t be trusted. The difference between a Team and a Group is unity! A team unites behind their chosen leader to make the best of every decision and choice. When the leader fails them, they vote on another one to take his/her place. Until then, a level of loyalty should be shown and respect should be given. 

Our President has gone through hell-and-high water to earn his title and placement. I remember, when he was first elected, one of the very first DISRESPECTFUL things that Fox News did to him was refuse to address him by his title; a title that was rightfully earn by the People and for the People.

They called him Obama over-and-over again and refrained from the title prefix of, ‘PRESIDENT’ Obama. Now ask yourself, how demeaning is that?!? They pushed repeatedly to their avid watchers, branding it to their sub-conscious. When many of them spoke of, whined about, and jumped on the band-wagon of hate about our president, they often led off with his name independent of his title.

EVERYTHING taken from Fox News has to be taken with a grain of salt.

“When enlightened Intelligence meets unyielding Ignorance, there is often a belittling of thought.”

-Omen

"Heroes aren't made during good times!" - The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WATCH OUT MANHATTAN   WATCH OUT MANHATTAN Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

WATCH OUT MANHATTAN
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next