Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firefighting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:53 am

Believe it or not, firefighting is perfect for the aspiring superhero. On the outset, it may seem weird, but firefighting is way more expansive than many may think and do a lot more than just fighting fire. Firemen are at vehicle collisions prying cars open and rescuing the passengers....or sometimes excavating the bodies. They run through mountains saving entire cities from the most destructive forces on the planet, where ever and when ever disaster strikes, they're there on the front lines and in the middle of it, from search and rescue to hazmat crisis and weapons of mass destruction, they run in to save the day when everyone else is running away (which they need to do, not to sound nerdy but if you were the Man of Steel you wouldn't want an ordinary citizen running towards General Zod's Kryptonian Warships trying to be a hero now would you? I was surprised everyday learning more about Fire Science and Fire Behaviour, it's a lot more complicated than I once thought. Best job for heroes.
Back to top Go down
TheSuperHeroMethod

TheSuperHeroMethod

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 pm

I second that thought.

These men and women risk their lives daily for the greater good. I'd maybe even go one step further though and say that the way you carry yourself (in any occupation) can translate to heroic action.
Back to top Go down
the0ne

the0ne

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

its true thanks for keeping the beautiful lands of Alaska safe john!
Back to top Go down

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Sure.
Back to top Go down

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 pm

I've left Delta Forestry. No longer an FFT2 and I'm not going back to them. I'm relocating come this September. Not sure where I'm going yet. I want to change my name (legal name) then start fresh; hopefully get back into firefighting. I'm still with the VFD though.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 am

What argument will you use with the judge? Changing your name isn't easy. What is the most compelling reason to change your name?
Back to top Go down

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 am

Most compelling reason? Psychological, I want my life, I want to start fresh. It doesn't matter if it's hard, lol, I'll find a way.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 am

Well that's a very compelling reason for you, but you need to look at it from a judgr's perspective. He will want to know if you're trying to escape creditors, hide your movements from police, etc. If you can show the judge that your record is clean, and that you don't have mountains of debt, and are not fleeing military service, your argument for just wanting a fresh start may be more effective. What do your parents think? Will they still call you by your given name?
Back to top Go down

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Seems doing it while I'm young is my best bet.
My folks don''t care, they'll probably still call me by the name they gave me but that's okay because there my parents. They're not against it or anything though.
Back to top Go down
Snowman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:12 am

2015 fire season is coming up in Late March/early April; started taking supplements and started doing the seventeen week program of theirs to get ready for the Pack Test and have to go to the classes again to re-new my Red Card. Won't be able to do as much VFD work if I'm hired on (and Balderston has gotten over the bullcrap with Firestarter last year; he was acting all shady and made it act like he was training me to become a fire detective trainee or something; if it hadn't been for JR and my other brother firefighters I probably wouldn't have known anything was up; he never took it any further and so I assume he caught onto Firestarter's antics; he used to be my best childhood friend; after my disappearance though things were different; we had a falling out of sorts then he began starting fires and when he got caught he fled north. Long story, kinda personal so that's all I feel comfortable with sharing....at least for now until I see Balderston this April at the latest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Firefighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefighting   Firefighting Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Firefighting
Page 1 of 1