Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

knife twirling

Go down 
+3
Blue Stranger
Equal
Hero Complex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:00 am

I learned how to fight using knives. I know it's a dangerous thing to do esp in my age but I got the hang of it. Maybe it'll help once I've became a bail enforcer someday.
Back to top Go down
Hero Complex

Hero Complex

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 pm

Slicing up criminals under your care isn't going to help anything; it would probably get you fired. Focus on learning how to fight without weapons, and convincing your assignments to come with you willingly so that you don't have to fight at all. Always choose the safest most efficient route; leave all fancy stuff at the door.

Knife Fighting only comes in handy in survival situations and war. Knives are a lethal weapon, so if you're going to use a knife on someone, use it only when killing them is completely justified and legal; only in self-defense. Stay safe out there.
Back to top Go down
Hero Complex

Hero Complex

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Depending on your age, you're better off staying in school and soaking up everything you can there. Go to college and get the degrees you need to make yourself as marketable as possible. RLSH wise, you should probably focus more on public service and community activism. A costume will make you memorable and has potential to help snap people out of apathy.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 am

The thing about knife fights is that if you get into one, you're going to get cut. If you're good, you get to choose where you will get cut, but you will not avoid injury. It is always preferable to de-escalate the situation. If you go the bail bond enforcer "bounty hunter" route, remember that the more you hurt your target the more paperwork you have to do later, and knives are definitely out of the question. Most professionals who chase people who jump bail would carry pepper spray or a taser instead, and a gun they fervently hope they won't have to use.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:31 pm

John Hamilton! It's been a while! Good to see you again.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:33 pm

@Blue Stranger, thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:52 am

Weapons training is a good thing imo. It is good for focus, balance and coordination.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:21 am

Yep, I agree. Esp in sharp weapons. Bevause if you don't, you'll be lying on a grave for sure.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Oh, I do agree that there's nothing wrong with the training. New skills are never a bad thing. Learning how to fight with a knife will at least give you insight into opponents who come at you with knives. I just don't recommend making it your go-to weapon. Too much trouble all around when there are safer and less lethal alternatives for both you and your opponent.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 am

thanks. BTW I'm just a 15 year old kid and some of my normal friends at school find it weird XD they do not know what rlsh is.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 am

Good news is, since you live in the Philippines, you live in an area with native martial arts designed specifically for handling sticks and knives. It shouldn't be hard for you to find someone in your area with the skill and rank to be a competent teacher.

Paul Vunak is a respectable martial artist, and he suggests using markers for practice. Most knife attacks he's aware of involve slashing, rather than stabbing, and few techniques in martial arts can truly prepare you for someone blindly slashing away at anything close to them. One exercise he suggests, just for emphasis, is to give the marker to another person, and let them flail away. Then, count how many marks are all over you, when you're done. Even using traditional martial arts, you're bound to get all marked up.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:55 pm

This is one area where the armored patroller has a partial advantage. But one should never let padding be a substitute for skill. Train.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:57 pm

When I hear about any twirling blade used as a offensive weapon I can't help but Think of the Indiana Jones scene where a guy in a turban starts twirling a scimitor advancing toward him. Indy pulls out a gun and calmly shoots him. Case closed. Defense against a blade sure best to have a defense against everything. But any blade as a offensive weapon well I'll be sure to help pay for flowers at your funeral if you are that stupid.

Superman
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 am

XD That made my day!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

knife twirling Empty
PostSubject: Re: knife twirling   knife twirling Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

knife twirling
Page 1 of 1