Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Call to Arms

Go down 
+6
The Web
Gauge
nightmare
ChrisSuperDude
omen
Cornelius Brunner
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi Gang

Let's face it group when we all started out as a RLSH / Earth Agent we kinda wanted to be like a Batman. But
some of the crap we ran into discouraged us to the point that we either quit entirely or cut back to charity
work and pretty much gave up on any form of active crime fighting. Now this in no way is to be considered a
put down of charity work. It's important to help others when you can. We have created this on line comunity
in the 1st place to express our dissatisfaction with things the way they are now. Except for small chunks
this community doesn't exist off line in the real world. Rather than look at being a on line group as a
stumbling block I say we embrace it and harness the power of the Internet to actively fight crime. That and
a host of other things we can do with just a Internet connection and at no more risk than you have reading
this post. I have several ideas in this direction as I am sure many of you do too. I am also getting
equipment to put those ideas into action and am willing to share said equipment with you. What we really
need to do is have meet on line as many times as it takes to exchange ideas and develop action plans. 
I will be looking forward to your comments and responses

Sincerely

John D Koen AKA Superman

Earth Agents NY & The Unreality Lab 
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

How many here still do patrols? 

Maybe we should have a roll call and establish who is active in what area, and organise some "team-ups".
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 am

There are those who chose to be a RLSH to stop crime. There those that do it for charity. There are others who find satisfaction in sharing their knowledge online. There are some that are intrigued with the aspect of being able to be confident while being ‘other than the norm’. There are many that simply... just want to do something good. Then there is the underlying desire that acts as the commonplace glue to bring these aspects together into a loose fitting community… RECOGNITION.

For some, recognition is the ‘surface-level’ bane of being a RLSH. While enjoying attention, they cannot stand attention-seekers. Egotism, conceit, and vanity walks a knife’s edge away for any RLSH viewed as embracing their image too much in public by those who don’t understand them… as well as by those who function under the very same banner.

I am an artist.

One thing about being an artist is that, in our mind, we are ALWAYS creating something. We see the world in a different way and our art reflects it, but our art exists in our mind. When we draw, paint, compose, or whatever… we do it in hopes of creating a visual adjective to what exists within us.

We also do it for recognition, secretly. Our art is a proxy… a mask, for the individual behind it. We want it to stand for something and to stand on its own. WHY?

Because, ALL artists, no matter what they say or do, desire the same thing as all others who perform a service from their heart… APPRECIATION.

RLSHs seek both of these feelings. This is why many of them would rather aid others on their own, rather than do it for pay. Their heart is in their decisions.

And yet, when one hero was known more than another, words like vain and arrogant were thrown around. When another gave their opinion, they were interrogated as though they were on trial. When a person told a story, others felt they had to tell one greater… and quickly injected feats of fantasy to outdo the one before them. This made the ‘Movement’ shrink to various communities, and dissolve into people simply checking in to various forums… every now-and-then.

RLSHs NEED a true mission and objective. RLSHs NEED leadership that can inspire and set the example. RLSHs NEED a brand in which they create, stand-behind, and support its growth.
The brand NEEDs to strive for RECOGNITION, so that APPRECIATION can be born.

Appreciation is powerful because it serves both the giver, as well as the recipient. This is the facet that must not be forgotten or looked down upon, but emphasized!!  

Meaning must be brought back to hero names. Meaning must be brought back to their costumes/uniforms. Meaning must be brought back to the endeavor for RLSHs to exist.

Find a champion or small group of champions and support them, grow them, and help them to strengthen the RLSH brand. Help them to solve issues, make the general public aware of them, and in return, they should be working to represent RLSHs and bring awareness to the movement.

From this, those viewing this champion… or THESE champions, would inspire others greater than any group of disorganized individuals not knowing what to do.

Right now, this forum is an island populated by survivors from a plane crash called, ‘trying-to-make-a-change’. Everyone has basically scattered to different parts of the island and are trying to make it on their own.

To me, its pretty simple. If you’re going to be a RLSH, then BE a Real Life Super Hero!!

Out here, we LOVE you guys and we wish you all would return to your greatness. Many of us (fans) have been holding on waiting for you guys to rally!

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Well long story short I think I have a solution for all the problems including financing. Would you 2 gents be interested in a live on line meeting so we can be interactive and discuss it?

Superman
Back to top Go down
ChrisSuperDude

ChrisSuperDude

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Count me in for an online meeting.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Well Chris I had thought to have it Sat at 2 PM EST or NY time. But I will have to delay it till Sunday roughly the same time if that's good for you. I will be getting a 5 terabyte HD for my server to make sure we have plenty of space for our on line needs. TheHD is at my own expense not like I have my hand out. The meeting will be in http://tinychat.com/theunrealitylab . If you prefer a different day and time let me know and I can match my schedule to yours. BTW feel free to spread the word and bring friends.

Superman
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:23 pm

I am retired with over thirty patrol counts.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:47 pm

I do patrol almost nightly. As I have gotten older, however, I can foresee a time where age-related physical limitations will play an increasingly larger role in the way I approach the practice. My physical ability still surpasses my benchmarks, even in my mid-forties, but I have slowed down considerably from where I began at 18. I do admit that recognition and appreciation would be nice, but I have decided that the respect of my team is fulfilling enough.

Your idea of alternative crime fighting methods John is a great way for old soldiers to keep active and contributing to the war on crime. I won't be able to participate directly in your group discussion, but is it possible to post a transcript or voice recording (pending permission) of it?
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 am

Guage

I can give you a special meeting at a day and time good for you. As everyone hearing what I have in mind will have their own questions I think a live chat is best. Among other things what I have in mind will make physical limitations a thing of the past.

Superman

This looks like a job for Superman !!! Up! Up! and away!!!!
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Good news Gang. The 5 Terabyte HD was delivered today. Now we will have all kinds of space on the server for whatever. Like our own version of Face book only without Bullshit. I saved up and bought it without having to beg on some go fund me. Old Fashioned but effective.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:51 am

Well yesterday Ray made the needed connections from his house and the 5 terabyte drive is hooked into the system. For proof of concept here is a link http://5t1.jdk.dtdns.net/test/04.bmp . Now using folders for nested directories with URL forwarder maskers we can relabel things as needed and make this space do whatever we want. In addition with USB port 3.0 adapters we can add as many External HD's as we want. Now all we need to do is decide what all to fill it with.

Superman
Back to top Go down
The Web

The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 am

Looks like I've missed the start of something quite interesting. I say only 'start' because I'm also expressing my own interest.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Well Web if you come to the meeting at 2 PM EST or NY time at http://tinychat.com/theunrealitylab all will be explained.
Superman
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:07 am

Earth Agents forum was a great place. Glad to see you are still around Superman.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:10 pm

It still is Savage with daily patrols from the NY group. A lot of stuff has been transferred to The Unreality Lab site . http://www.unrealitylab.dtdns.net/ as not everything is best solved by a RLSH. That includes a board hosted on my server so it won't go poof like a lot of boards do. I'm not a real big fan of poof.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Lots of poof in this community. Countless posts gone. Good to know someone is trying to preserve some of it.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 am

The only way to prevent data loss is to own your own server and have back ups up the wazoo. I have both. It's gotten to the point that short of destroying the entire Internet they can only moderately and temporairly slow me down. If you are interested Savage there are ways of overcoming the other limitations of on line groups and R.L.S.H. groups in particular. As soon as things are sorted out on my home front I intend to restart some mass meetings to put out the information and get things organized.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:08 am

I would be interested in some of those meetings if you would have me
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Be glad to have you mean time you may be interested in signing up on http://www.unrealitylab.dtdns.net/  and its board at http://unrealitylab.dtdns.net/phpbb/ > I'll be looking forward to seeing you apply. Don't forget to send a e mail to ulab1@juno.com to get activated.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Thank you very much signed up and email has been sent I am not a robot lol
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:28 am

Welcome to the Fray Batman973 you are all signed up and a e mail has been sent to you verifying it. I think I have the simplest registration set up possible that still prevents Spam , bots and trolls. If any in here try and follow your lead and sign up I hope they come to you if they have problems. If you want help establishing a proper avatar on my board let me know and I'll fix you up.

Superman

Now for those who may follow in his foot steps we don't have a lot of rules other than what you need to do to get your registration approved. Showing common sense you can say anything you dam well please on the lab board. But if you state anything as fact be prepared to back it up as we have no time or inclination for bull shit. If you state something wild be prepared to provide proof of concept. Way too much to do to waste time .
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:28 am

If you have suggestions on the Lab forum's organization or want a new section that doesn't exist yet, I can set that up. Welcome Batman.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:03 pm

In order to get properly organised for 2017 we need to start having live meetings again THe place I have on line for these meetings is http://tinychat.com/theunrealitylab . That way I can tell you what the lab has in mind maybe recruit a few members forthe lab and its board. Plus I can hear what else you would like to see come down. Working together we can make the world a truly wonderfull place. Plus live up to theLab motto... "WHERE IMAGINATION IS MADE REAL". So I suggest you check out the link to my tiny chat room. If it doesnt work for you we will fix it so it does. If not any room you find canbe used as what room isn't nearlyas important as what goes on in it. Also please include what days and times ( using NY EST time as a common reference) you can be available by replying to this message. If need be multiple meeting days and times can be set up. I'll be looking forward to your replies.

John D Koen AKA Superman
Back to top Go down

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:21 pm

I'd be up for joining, if you'd have me; though I'd understand completely if that notion is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Well 204 as you are reforming you'll be welcomed as long as you stay reformed. It's off subject but I would suggest choosing a different name for your self as 204 has so many negative associations. Maybe Perry White as  a temp name till you decide on 1 for your persona. If you think about it you'll know why I suggest it. Anyone else who gets why will have to know you and have a working knowledge of Super Hero Trivia. Mean time the rest should reply with days and times they could attend.

Superman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Call to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call to Arms   Call to Arms Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Call to Arms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next