Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obstacle Courses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2016 3:01 am

I was wondering if anyone participates in these types of obstacle courses.

Back to top Go down

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Thu May 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Nice. Only obstacle courses I use are the two playgroundds in my city at night time when none of the kids are out. Not sure how well this would work in the Lower 48 though because it stays sunny here all through the night; there's only an hour or two were's it's kinda sorta dark, but still totally bright enough to see things clearly.
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Maverick

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 pm

I've done Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. We use obstacle courses in the army for training.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2016 11:22 pm

There is a Spartan Race coming up in a few months in my area.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2016 6:11 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tough_Mudder
https://toughmudder.com.au/

If I ever get back into crazy good shape, I'd consider this.

Arctic Enema – Participants plunge into a dumpster filled with ice water, dunk underneath a plank that crosses the dumpster, and pull themselves out on other side.

Electroshock Therapy – Live wires hang over a field of mud which participants must traverse.

Funky Monkey – A set of incline and decline monkey bars over a pit of cold water. The bars are slicked with a mixture of butter and mud.

Everest – Participants run up a quarter pipe slicked with mud and grease.

Electric Eel – Participants slide on their bellies through mud, frigid water or, even worse, a layer of ice while electric shocks hang overhead.

Berlin Wall – An 8–12-foot (2.4–3.7 m) wall that participants scale.

Boa Constrictor – Participants pass though narrow pipes and mud.

Walk the Plank – 15+ ft (4.6 m) high jump, from on top of a platform, into water.

King of the Swingers – Participants use a pendulum to swing off a 12-foot platform and attempt to hit a bell before falling into a pit of water.

Cry Baby – Participants crawl through a tunnel filled with a tear-gas-like substance.

Dead Ringer – Participants use handheld rings to traverse a set of inclined and declined pegs.

Balls Out – Participants use hanging rope to cross an angled wall.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Okay, Tough Mudder sounds insane.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:35 am

And here I thought the American Ninja Warrior courses looked tough. Cold stuff and electric shocks? I like obstacle courses, but that one? I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:25 am

Courses can be nice training tools, but costly to build. Simpler to plan a running route with obstacles to surmount along the way. Preferably ones along your normal patrol routes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obstacle Courses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obstacle Courses   Obstacle Courses Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Obstacle Courses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Fitness and Nutrition-
Jump to: