Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Hot-Wire a Car

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

How to Hot-Wire a Car Empty
PostSubject: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:45 am

First, I sincerely hope that none of us end up in circumstances that are so chaotic that our only choice is to hot-wire a car to escape. Before continuing, there's one thing that needs to be crystal clear: You cannot practice this technique on your car, or anyone else's for that matter. This will do severe damage to the vehicle. I do know of one person though whom actually found himself in a situation where he needed to use this method. He was swimming in a swimming-hole in the middle of nowhere. Guess what? He left his car keys in his shorts and lost his keys in the swimming-hole. Luckily, his car was an older model vehicle, and he had tools in his car. He was able to follow these instructions, hot-wire his car, and get himself home. Obviously this guy was in a tough spot, but don't forget that doing this will really mess up your car.

The Right Car

Before getting into specifics, let's take a moment to talk about procuring a car to hot-wire in a dire emergency. First, take a look around and see if there are any cars with unlocked doors, or keys just sitting there in the seat. The real jackpot would be finding an unlocked tow-truck. Why? Tow-trucks have a master set of keys, and this set is basically going to get you into any car around. Obviously a tow-truck might not be right there for the taking, or you won't find a car that's unlocked. Your next best bet is to find an older-model car; I'm talking 1999 and before. 

These older model cars are actually everywhere. Once people start noticing them, they're often surprised that there are so many older model cars still out there. Make a point of looking for them when you're out on the road. I guarantee you'll start seeing them everywhere.

What You'll Need

1. Wire-Cutters and Strippers
2. Pliers
3. Flathead and Phillips-Head Screwdrivers
4. Hammer
5. Insulated Gloves
6. Electrical Tape
7. A Car

How It Works

This is a rather simple process, but I'd recommend keeping a set of these instructions in your car, or maybe your laptop bag or purse, for a dire emergency. Since this isn't a technique you can practice, it's entirely possible you won't remember how to do it in an emergency situation.

Step 1: Once you've found the car you're going to hot-wire, insert a Flathead Screwdriver into the ignition as you would a key. Pound the screwdriver into the ignition with your Hammer. You will want to turn the screwdriver just as you would a key that's in the ignition. If you're having trouble turning the screwdriver, use you Pliers to help you. Sometimes, if you're really lucky, this actions is enough to start the car.

Step 2: Use a Phillips-Head Screwdriver to remove the screws in the plastic panel above and below your steering column.

Step 3: Locate the two red wires. These wires provide power to the vehicle. 

Step 4: Put on your Insulated Gloves.

Step 5: Use your Wire-Cutters and Strippers to cut both ends of the two red wires, and strip the ends of them. Twist the ends of the two red wires. (One red wire from each of the wires you cut. So don't twist the ends of the same wire, but the two different wires together.)

Step 6: Locate the brown wires; these wires connect to the starter. Some cars will have one brown wire, others will have two.

Step 7: Use your Wire-Cutters and Strippers to cut both of the brown wires and strip the ends. 

If There are Two Brown Wires: Touch the two brown wires together to start the car. Once the car is started do not let the wires touch again. They must be kept separate. You can wrap them with your Electrical Tape to keep them from touching. This will also keep you from getting shocked. 

If There is One Brown Wire: If the car only has one brown wire, touch the brown wire to the red wires to start the car. Once the car starts, separate the wires and put Electrical Tape around the end of the one brown wire

Breaking Car Windows: Should you ever need to break into a car to save your life, and you need to do this undetected, Duct Tape is going to be very helpful. Place large pieces of tape on the window in an X shape. This will keep the glass from shattering everywhere and making noise. Also, to break the window, use your Tactical Pen, or another object, to strike the window at the corners. This is where the glass is tightest and most likely to break. If you strike the window in the center, and the object is not strong enough, it's just going to bounce off.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:32 am

Dang, 204. This one was almost as useful as the "how to get a cab" tutorial I red the other day Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:44 am

Can't get a cab without money. Or a phone. Or if you're too far away from the nearest cab-company. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronin

Ronin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:16 am

Dead thread... I know, shame on me. But I feel like you should at least be correctly informed. You're usually looking for three wires... Battery, ignition and starter. Battery is usually red. Aside from that, the color coding can be vastly different.
Example, a '98 Ford Explorer.
Battery- yellow
Starter- red/light blue
Ignition- light green/purple
And for busting windows, a taped grid pattern is optimal. As well as hitting near the center with ceramic. This isn't me advocating we all go boost some cars, but your misinformation in this thread could get somebody hurt. It's incredibly reckless to post vague and blatantly incorrect information. Especially when there's inherent risks like electrical shock and such.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 pm

We probably shouldn't be discussing grand theft auto procedure on a forum primarily about helping stop crime and protecting innocent victims of criminal behavior.  I did find a couple things odd. If you are able to find a tow truck with the keys in it, and the scenario is an emergency escape, why would you use the master keys to unlock a vehicle when the tow truck is ready to go? Also, you can get a cab without a phone. People do it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Ronin

Ronin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:52 pm

This is fair, Gauge. We'll come off as villains moreso than heroes. I just don't want somebody to test this on their vehicle and get hurt. And yes, you can monkey with your automotive wiring without causing irreparable damages. Interesting side note, the same wire harness just happens to be altered when installing keyless ignition in vehicles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Thanks for informing me; I was informed by an (alleged) ex CIA operator. Maybe he was mistaken. He did specify though that this was primarily for older model cars. But indeed, I'll have to do some experimentation before finding the best methods; I'm assuming there's several for different kinds and this is just one of many ways. And of course, proper safety gear should always be used. 

And this isn't meant for using on just a whim; it's for when your life or others are in jeopardy and you need to Get Out Of Dodge fast. This could happen from any number of scenarios and it's good to try preparing for it in advance. Knowledge is just a tool, and teachers aren't held responsible for what they're students decide to do with what they learn. Neither am I. Knowledge is power; thanks for reminding me I should continue to seek more knowledge in this area. Smile 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

PS: And with a Tow Truck you can use the master keys to find another vehicle if/when the tow truck can't be driven anymore. Could be no gas and all the pumps are down because of a massive solar flare wiping out the electrical grid all over the planet. Could be you just don't want to risk stopping at a gas station and would rather just jack another car; helps with evasion too; not using the same vehicle you were last seen in. If you were escaping from a city in a tow truck, you'd most definitely want to get rid of it once you get to the outskirts where there aren't any traffic cameras or storefront cameras that recorded you in your stolen tow truck lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Hot-Wire a Car   How to Hot-Wire a Car Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How to Hot-Wire a Car
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: