Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A petty trick but it seems to work on people

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A petty trick but it seems to work on people Empty
PostSubject: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 am

So I just came back from a walk and some one who always picks fights came up and started one with me. I tried to avoid it but couldn't. He threw a punch at me and i got it with my hand and said simply "You do not want to mess with me". He ran.

So what did we learn today? If you catch some one's punch then you might avoid a lot of fights.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 am

No offense intended, Pitch, but this is a typical brag post. You might want to avoid these in the future because they automatically make you look like a poser, bragging about his awesome abilities. We see this a lot with new people posting.

Again, I'm not saying this isn't true, just saying you want to avoid posts like this whenever possible. Building credibility is important on the forum and it's easy to get labeled fake if you seem implausable, or too-good-to-be-true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 am

ok thank you for the help. Still a bit new to the whole business and also to forums in general. Would what i said to the new member about outfits something that would build creditability? If it's a yes then I know the things I need to do.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Honestly, any helpful advice, and sincere discussion of topics builds credibility. Then when people get to know you then you can be confident what you post will be seen in the light it is meant to be.

Often we have a new poster who comes in and is nervous about fitting in.. this leads to them posting their "best" material, or even exaggerated claims. We ignore most of that and try to get to know them so they'll feel more comfortable, but sometimes a new person will try too hard and come off as a complete whack, or a fake. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Interestingly enough, however, we've had some people that came off terribly (or were even fakes to start with) that stuck around and became legitimate heroes with good reputations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Thank you for the advise and the help. It will come in hand later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A petty trick but it seems to work on people   A petty trick but it seems to work on people Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A petty trick but it seems to work on people
Page 1 of 1