Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Army Physical Fitness Training Manual

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Empty
PostSubject: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

Our government paid for and tested the material.. we all might as well benefit from those tax dollars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:19 am

I'm trying the link and it's not loading. Is it a large file, because my internet is either choking or something.
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 am

File is 6.3 Meg. Right click, save link as, then you can watch it stream over to your desktop. Seems like the sending end is bandwidth throttled, so go take a break while it downloads, but it is all good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks Kapes. I'll try that in a bit. Still won't work the other way.
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

It's Adobe pdf - make sure you have free Adobe reader to view it with after download. Good as gold!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 am

I have it, the first thing I get when I buy or make a new computer system. It's a requirement to have it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Ah yes. You could do much worse. This certainly has influenced me personally, although it's nice to add some variety. Also the army is extremely risk averse in terms of injuries and getting even moreso (a new manual is to come out soon). For instance, ballistic stretching and rebounding exercises are considered too risky for inclusion -- so no parkouring off rooftops. Flutter kids and jumping jacks have been outlawed recently, even.

The marines, air force, and navy have also done extensive research into fitness and have various worthwhile resources available online.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

I haven't downloaded the file, but I'm hoping that it's not the same PT that I had to do during my enlistment. It was pure silliness...

For those of you in the know... "THE BEND AND REACH"
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Well... it's 21-20.

They're actually in the process of changing all this up. They have been for years, but I think this time it's going to really happen.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Thank God. I can honestly say that I was embarrassed to be in battalion formation doing the PT drills. The prone row, the bend and reach, the side straddle hop, and all that happy horse-shit.

To quote my PSG, "Men, as soon as we turn this corner during the run...we're taking an en route to the gym. Fuck this bullshit."

LoL. It's funnier if you think of someone that looks like Vin Diesel on steroids and a mouthful of dip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army Physical Fitness Training Manual   Army Physical Fitness Training Manual Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Army Physical Fitness Training Manual
Page 1 of 1