Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flips and throws

Go down 
+3
Dark Guardian
E0N (Inactive)
Polarman
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:01 pm

I want to start making my own martial arts that invloves basicly throwing and flipping your opponent. I also want to add in a few new kicks and punches as well. One flip I want to make is a fluid motion that's end result is the opponent flippin over your back and landing on his giving you the chance to do a downwards strike with apart of your body like
your elbow. Can you guys help me?
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:45 pm

I'd advocate studying aikido. From what I understand, a great deal of it involves throws and counters.
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 pm

I'll look into it thanks
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:09 pm

learn tripping techniques and inertia tactics along with the rest.judo is good but the flipping don't work on everyone.i have however flipped over a 300 pound man twice in a row.i strained my knee a bit so watch out if they are twice your own weight.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 pm

I learned how to do flips and throws from my karate classes that I took 18 years ago I used it on older people who were bothering kids I even flipped a cop once Dont try that though I was training with him at the time and it was in a controled enviroment I knocked him flat on his back and pinned him down
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 pm

In my limited experience this sounds a lot like judo plus knowing how to strike someone.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Do you have legitimate training in the martial arts?
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I do jujitsu and am working with judo
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:17 pm

What does working with Judo mean?
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm learning it but I have to do it when I get people to come to where I live. That doesn't happen alot.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Are you training at a dojo/school for jiu-jitsu and judo?
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Dg, I think that's a no...
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Z is right. I do it at a park and it's for a meet up thing.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Before making up your own martial art you need extensive training from a legitimate instructor/school.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Agreed. You gotta know the rules to break em...
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Sad face. But yea I can find some teachers.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:39 pm

DG, are you still willing to train new guys?
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 pm

I have no idea when right now
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 am

Don't try to create your own martial art. But as you learn, you can develop your own style, based on your strengths, weaknesses, and prefrences.

Be careful inventing throws. It can be invaluable, but make sure its with competent partners in a controlled setting.
Back to top Go down

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm

ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 pm

I won't say not to try creating your own martial art, but just understand that it would take half your life to study other martial arts and create your own and the rest of your life to refine it into a legitimate and distinct martial art form.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Realistically speaking, someone created the first martial arts, so it is not beyond reason that you could cobble some stuff together that suits you and call it your own martial form. But after thousands of years of fighting arts history, I doubt you will come up with any truly new techniques, so it may behoove you to do the work and study techniques that will be practical for your body style and train to master those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flips and throws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flips and throws   Flips and throws Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Flips and throws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: