Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flu Season is upon us

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunblade

Sunblade

Flu Season is upon us Empty
PostSubject: Flu Season is upon us   Flu Season is upon us Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm

As a civilian I usually get approached by friends and family on wheather or not I have gotten my flu shot yet. I usually get mixed opinions about it and have always been unsure what kind of advice to give or what I should say on the matter. Every year many who are unsure are plagued by this one question: whether or not to get it. I would like to know from a other RLSH on a health wellness standpoint what your thoughs might be and where you stand on the yearly dilemma. What kind of advice would you give to someone who may be on the fence about going ahead with vaccination.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Flu Season is upon us   Flu Season is upon us Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:03 pm

If you work with old people or others with alot of health problems you should get it. Otherwise there should be enough to wash your hands proper and make sure you keep your throat warm when it's cold. And jogging when it's colder than 0C is a bad idea. Well, that's what I'm told...

I got a minor nerve damage from my flu shot last year, so I'm not keen on taking another.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Flu Season is upon us   Flu Season is upon us Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Being in the military I don't really have to think about this -- they make us. If I were a civilian I would skip it. I don't generally get super sick or anything. A few years I've missed it for various reasons -- never made much difference.
Back to top Go down
Radnor

Radnor

PostSubject: Re: Flu Season is upon us   Flu Season is upon us Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

It isn't really needed unless you seem to get it every year, or hang out with people who's immune system is not up to par.
Then you should as not to get them infected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flu Season is upon us   Flu Season is upon us Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Flu Season is upon us
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: