Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decursing

Go down 
+13
Ghost Knight
The Reverend
Silver Sentinel
Anthem
Proteus
Artisteroi
Flora V. Arbor
Polarman
Alchemist
Crossfire the Crusader
Superhero
Kaiju
Equal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 pm

As a wiccan I am slightly offended at the casual dissmissal of "the dark"
But I may be able to help,once my laptop is returned untill then anything by "silver raven wolf" will have information on general magic and might have something paticularly helpfull
I will post a pdf when I have my lap top back
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:39 am

YAY for Wicca!
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am

Sister?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 am

yes, growl, yes
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 am

Google constantos . I prolly shuldnt say that I'm a dark - good wiccan priest on this forum ..... so I'm not gonna say that . But you can't be cursed if you are truely good and confident in your spirituality .
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:53 am

yessir, goodness is loaded with plain ubiquitousness
Back to top Go down
Ghost Knight

Ghost Knight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 am

From a fellow practicing Pagan, who has performed cleansings for friends and fam, my advice would be to find out and study what the afflicted persons beliefs are and operate within that context. Someone who has a deep belief in the curse is going to know if you just make something up that has none of their concepts involved. If I did a blessing/cleansing for anyone who is Christian (and I have) and didn't mention Yawhew, Johovah, Elohim, or some other refrence to the Christian God, they are less likely to believe that what I did worked. As was said before, peace of mind for them is centered on THEIR belief, not yours.
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:25 am

All my life I have struggled with anger and my temper. My masters martial arts training and getting saved helped me tremendously in coping with the anger but control has limits and I would still feel the anger even if I am not displaying it outwardly. My life to this point has been one of coping with anger more or less all the time. In fact I felt I had mastery of the anger.

The last several Sunday's the message has been about curses. Two Sunday's ago he was explaining how to break the curse and he said you had to understand the curses origin's to break the curse. He recommended speaking with relatives to try to learn the origin of the curse or pray that God would illuminate the origin.

Knowing my track record with talking to my relatives I opted to pray to God. Instantly a number of past conversations arose in my mind, past memories long forgotten. I could see the curse and every link in the chain of it in my family.

It began with my great grandfather. He worked for the railroad. Apparently my great grandfather had a mistress in another city. His job with the railroad would take him to the other city regularly. This was during the Great Depression. His son (my grandfather) has a brilliant mind for machines and engineering. Later in life he would make a great deal of money off of several mechanical inventions and patents he created. But at the young age of seven years old my grandfather learned how to connect a speaker to the phone circuit and listen to phone calls.

He had wired the listening device and hidden it in his bedroom closet so he could essentially hide out and spy on his parents. One fateful evening he would overhear his father speaking with his mistress on the phone. This sent my Grandfather into a rage and he swore to never speak to his father again. He packed a bag with his few meager possessions and he left home, never to return.

My grandfather would grow up on the streets during the Great Depression fueled by his anger and a desire to succeed. His entire life he has been a brilliant yet angry man. He would amass a small fortune and survive two wives. He practically built a coal fired power plant and would end up running the place before he retired. My Grandfather is still alive but his sanity has fled. The curse burned up his mind.

The anger lived in his heart and as he raised his children much of it was passed to them. My father particularly would get the lion's share of the anger. The men of my line were cursed with a deep rooted anger and mistrust of our own parents. My father would go on to carry the same anger and history would repeat itself as he cheated on his wife and destroyed his marriage. He would pass the anger to me as well and it became my burden to bear.

Recently my young son has been acting out, biting and punching other people for no reason whatsoever. The rage was within him. You see I learned to control my hatred and anger but I could not eliminate it and the curse endured and lived in my son.

All of this was shown to me during my prayer. This prayer is possibly the most pivotal moment in my life. At the end of the service anybody who felt impacted by a curse was permitted to come to the front. I stood to walk to the front; when I stood to walk to the front I felt heavy and lethargic. The curse was trying to hold me back. Usually our minister doesn't come down during these things. Usually he lets the church elders and wives help those in front. But that day he felt moved to help out. I walked strait to him and related the story I just typed here and told him what God had revealed it to me.

He asked me to pray for forgiveness for my great grandfather, my grandfather, my father, myself, and my son. I knelt and looked to God and prayed fervently for this forgiveness for myself and all the generations of my line. I felt the hatred revile at this deep within. For the first time in its existence it had been exposed to the light and it was fighting to survive.

My minister laid his hands upon my head. He began to pray aloud. Some of it was in English, some in tongues. I felt as if I was in a dream and had no control over my body. My knees buckled and I ended up on the floor. I remember him saying that the curse had moved from my head to my stomach and he followed it there. For years I have had digestive trouble in my physical body and I wonder if the curse has been affecting me physically. The prayers became more fervent and I felt something new. I felt peace, pure real peace, for the first time in my whole life.

I still feel that peace and it's like I have set down a burden that I didn't even know I carried. My son's behavior has improved 100%. His teachers have noticed at school and we have noticed at home. His anger is gone. If he gets angry now it has a reason, it isn't blind anger. I truly think that the curse is broken.

Last edited by ChristianHammer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed a name I didn't notice.)
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 am

Gonna weigh in, probably gonna piss some people off.

Honestly, curses are excuses people make for their own problems.

CH, I'm glad you've finally let go of your anger, and that it's shown itself in your son already. but you didn't have a curse in your head that moved to your stomach, you had a series of poor role models with lack of self control. You didn't realize how much they were affecting you. You did, however, recognize the problem in the anger. You bottled it up, instead of letting it go, thinking you could control it. This doesn't make anger management problems go away, it just de-localizes them. Your son still knew, as did probably everyone around you.

People inherently know when someone around them is angry, or has a temper. You were suppressing yours so much that it was giving you digestive problems, most likely related to stress(similar to how an ulcer forms).

Your moment with your minister allowed you to "let it go" rather than control it. It gave your brain a reason to lay down and relax and release it, rather than fighting or subduing it. This removed your stress, and changed your life and the lives of the people around you accordingly.

I'm telling you all this because I really mean no offense, but it bothers me to see people continuing to believe their problems are born of something other than themselves. It's the same problem Dogman started the thread about. We are in control of our lives, we need to realize everything about us is real because we either consciously change ourselves, or sub-consciously alter ourselves through belief in something else.

I'm not trying to attack you or your religion, just saying in this instance, the idea of "curses" is really just basic human psychology and physiology, and that, consciously or not, you removed your "curse."
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 am

No offense taken, I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe. The main thing is that the problem is better.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:09 am

Fair enough, and for that I'm glad. We all live our own lives, and I'm glad yours is better for it. =)
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:31 am

Talk to Max mercury.
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:46 am

Wow just read the wiki on him, very cool history there.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Speaking of histories. CH you have a good book in you if wanna put your ancestors story to printed word. Find a ghost writer if you need one, but start putting that story down on the page. could make a good movie too. might be valuable.
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks Art, I will give that some thought.
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:32 pm

ChristianHammer wrote:
Wow just read the wiki on him, very cool history there.

MM or what?
Back to top Go down

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Max Mercury.
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Curses, huh?

What type of curse exactly? are we talking Fakir, Hoodoo jinx, crossroad, evil eye, ect...

Neutral

... Sage helps.
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah Max Mercury knows all.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:43 pm

I'd have to say, Max definitely knows his shit when it comes to things that go bump in the night.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Defie wrote:
... Sage helps.

Sage huh? as in wise old man or blue green herb?
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:41 pm

If you fling an old man around your house, I imagine it would clear out pretty quickly. I think the herb helps, too.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:01 pm

One sign of dehydration is illogical anger.

In America, we think that having to pee is EVIL and
that you should NEVER pee extra.

As a fitness professional, it is my job to spot dehydration.

bottom line: DRINK MORE AND PEE MORE DAMMIT!
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Don't forget low blood sugar.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:06 pm

very good, Dogman!

most people can figure when they are hungry but, yes!

most people deny thirst

they don't want kids to pee so they dehydrate them and end up with kids acting out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decursing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decursing   Decursing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Decursing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: