Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Set a yearly goal

Go down 
+8
DRock
Gadgetastic!
Flora V. Arbor
Fear
kapes13
Astraios
Equal
Superhero
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm

I hit mine a little early, but a yearly goal is a realistic way to improve your overall fittness. A year also gives you real amount of time to hit it, 6 months if you're a Constant athelete.

It doesn't matter how you train, Set a goal in january (Not a resolution, nobody keeps those) and hit it by December.

Since I'm a weightlifter mine was to take my powerlifting bulk off, get back into Wrestling shape (More flexible & Agile) but keep as much strength as possible. I won't bore you with details but I've dropped from 230 to 203lbs. & today was the end of the year max out and I put up the 100lbs. Dumbells for a set of 7 Flat pressing them & a set of 6 Incline pressing them. used to do them for sets of 8 to 10 so I've kept most of my strength.

a year goes by quicker than you think. Hit your goal.
Go up a belt color, Climb a taller building, but set your goal.
Then record your progress.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Grats with the early hit.

Mine was to gain five kilograms (11 pounds). 300 grams to go. Was more like a six month goal than a year, wasw a bit goalless before that. Was somewhat a warmup, so I've started more seriusly now (two weeks ago). You just inpired me to gain ten (22) more next year!

I'm working on my stamina as well, but I don't have high goals on that. Considered to train for Nidan, but I think I'm gonna start training MMA instead.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:50 pm

The MMA will give you the Stamina.

Naturally training a good soild 10 lbs. a year is what a athelete can put on, it's a reasonable goal.

You'll have to keep your eating up if you're going to be doing MMA as well as you'll burn a lot of calories there. Every time I see Symbiote I'm always trying to stuff some Chicken or Fish or Steak in his mouth Laughing
Back to top Go down
Astraios

Astraios

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:41 pm

But i like my spiderman physique superhero :p
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Mine is to tone up and get some parts more limber that are a little weaker in the older age. Need to build come more muscle strength training.
Back to top Go down
Fear

Fear

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 pm

My goals are to expand my knowledge more and more in investigations, and to establish bigger humanitarian efforts around my commuity.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Quote :
But i like my spiderman physique superhero :p

Then concentrate on a different area. work on your Arts or rig or something.

Quote :
My goals are to expand my knowledge more and more in investigations, and to establish bigger humanitarian efforts around my commuity.

Well I was thinking more physical goals, but that's just as good. Mark your progress.
Back to top Go down
Astraios

Astraios

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Ill focus on getting all my gear, and still be able to do more parkour, and i guess gain a few pounds, I'm currently underweight a bit
Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:56 pm

I'd like to add that being accountable to another person is a good way to achieve these goals, especially if you are not very accountable to yourself.
A gym or workout partner is great for this.

Grey Man and I have set some high standards and goals were are working on.
Since it's a pact, we're accountable, and are actively getting ready to work on those goals.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Big Timmy (Brother Power) is one of the best trainning partners I've ever had.

Which brings up a point, some of the best friends I've mede, best Job oppertunities, best Ideas, best people I've met...Hell even Lady Hero....I've all met at the Gym.

I see too many guys (Younger) nowdays that go in their with a Ipod on or whatever & say nothing, get no head of steam, keep their heads down, & leave. A gym is supposed to be a social place where you & your crew know everybody, & draw energy from each other. Interact. I'm sooooo glad I started training in the 1980's when Gym's were all like that.

Quote :
and still be able to do more parkour, and i guess gain a few pounds
You may not wanna bulk up if you're really into Parkour, some of the best guys I've seen doing that weigh about a Buck twenty soaking wet with a brick in their pocket. I'd break my neck trying it & I used to fly off the ropes.
You might wanna look into Kettlebells instead, That's how I leanned out this year was 30 minutes of that twice a week this year. It does fantastic things for your Grip, endurence, & exposive power which are all things you need for Parkour.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

I have some wild goals at this age.

I NEVER thought that I would START work on stationary trapeze at age 40
( 11 years ago)

Three years ago, my VERY pregnant boss, 15 years younger than me was doing
Step on three risers. I COULD NOT STAND for her to be stronger than me.
So, I got up to three.

Now, it's three with plyometrics.

where the heck do I go next??????
I suppose it will have to be flying trapeze
and
Step on three risers with weights.
whew!

Step with martial arts weapons is on the table but i have to do it alone.
NONE of the people in my classes want to do that with me

sigh sigh sigh
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 am

thank you for letting me share that which is of little interest to anyone else
Wink
Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
thank you for letting me share that which is of little interest to anyone else
Wink

Flora you are one of the more interesting people on here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:40 am

I'm blushing and looking into your manly eyes

( ~~~)
Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:55 am

Lol, don't look to close, I've been told I have a stare like a shark.
Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:10 am

Love the pink dress btw.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 am

THX!
It's the new MM look to cover up my musculls
Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
THX!
It's the new MM look to cover up my musculls

I can't believe those idiots don't dig your 24 inch pythons. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 am

Muscles are sexy.

my goal this year = 180 pounds. Last year I was 293. now = 240pounds. I love the idea of losing a third of my body mass. Can't wait to see what it feels like.

Gadgetastic!
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 pm

I want to drop to 180 lbs.

Currently at 205 lbs.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I dropped 24 pounds within 2 weeks,....gall bladder surgery will do that sorta thing. but from 180 to 156, i'd say it's not too bad.

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Holy Crap! Big scar? Not you gotta watch the pizza right?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

I've got like five things I intend to be working on that I haven't even begun with yet... you mean I have to *keep* goals?

This is a welcome suggestion, though. December is a good month for goal setting and getting started right -- comparitively more spare time to form those habits.

I've let "just keep doing it" stand as my overall fitness goal for too long... Sad
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 am

DarkShadow wrote:
I dropped 24 pounds within 2 weeks,....gall bladder surgery will do that sorta thing. but from 180 to 156, i'd say it's not too bad.

DarkShadow out

If you need ANY fitness answers, I am thrilled to help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Set a yearly goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next