Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running methods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Running methods Empty
PostSubject: Running methods   Running methods Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Anyone familiar with Dr. Nicholas Romanov's method for running called "Pose Running" or other similar techniques like "Chi Running" or "Evolution Running"?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The military's looking at this stuff to enhance performance and decrease injuries.

Know of any good (cheap) info resources?
Back to top Go down
PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta

PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta

Running methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running methods   Running methods Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:41 pm

What you could do is go to the park with a running friend who is intense about running. There is a park near me that has a track exactly a mile.

Run around the park and try to decrease you time, say you start at a 7:00 minute mile, just try to slowly decrease the time and use the competition between both of you.

The straight spine and perpendicular hips seems like alignment things.

What I try to do is "kick without kicking" meaning, put it in like you're kicking, but don't kick all the way then run on your feet and not on your tip toes. Get connected to the energy of the earth or get "grounded" and sort of roll forward on your feet.

That's what I think.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Running methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running methods   Running methods Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Gradual improvement of running by running regularly is pretty simple, actually. Pretty much run longer for endurance and faster, including sprints, to build speed. Running up hills can be a more efficient use of your time, but increases your risk of injury. Running down hill is generally considered bad.

These particular techniques, specifically the Pose one, but also the others basically work on form and optimizing how you run for further improvement (as well as minimizing training injuries). I don't understand them yet, but the basic concept is that you're supposed to run in a way that's similar to controlled falling... like let gravity do more of the work than it usually does when people run.

I know a guy who runs really fast with these kinda ridiculous short strides... it sort of reminds me of him.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running methods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running methods   Running methods Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Running methods
Page 1 of 1