Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it really "zero calories?"

Go down 
+3
Citizen
Equal
Gadgetastic!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Is it really "zero calories?" Empty
PostSubject: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 6:14 am

Probably not. The only zero cal consumable is water. However, the FDA allows companies to say a product is zero cal if it has less than a certain number of calories per portion. A few calories might not seem like much, but it can add up.

Also, low fat products are often higher in sugar. Additional sugar is used to replace the taste lost but removing the fat. Check the label if the amount of sugar matters to you.

Josh
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 6:22 am

The food industry is evil. Trust nothing.
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 am

What's the FDA & why do they allow them to lie to you?

Citizen.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 am

Its americas food and drug administration . They are allowed to lie to us because most americans like being lied to . They would rather feel good than know the truth . Josh a few calories don't matter if you are getting lots of good cardio and I lost weight with a sugar diet .
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm

You know - I think Ive spent too much time here. When I saw ZERO CALORIE I immediately thought of a calorie in black leather kicking the cra out of other calories to help people lose weight...call it the NYI diet LOL
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2011 10:38 pm

The Reverend wrote:
Its americas food and drug administration . They are allowed to lie to us because most americans like being lied to . They would rather feel good than know the truth . Josh a few calories don't matter if you are getting lots of good cardio and I lost weight with a sugar diet .

I know that I'm only across the Atlantic but, I find this really perplexing. This really happens?

Here, if products lie they are fined & banned from selling their stock until they have made it public knowledge that their pants are on fire & have made it clear what the product actually does/contains.

Tiny differences are fun!

Citizen.

Last edited by Citizen on Fri May 13, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I dun goofeded on da spellingz.)
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 1:42 am

He He...

For some reason TAB popped into my head.

Some of you guys may not remember it but when I was a kid it came in a pink can and was billed as a "One Calorie soda" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 2:04 am

Screw calories, it‘s the GI that matters.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 am

Superhero wrote:
He He...

For some reason TAB popped into my head.

Some of you guys may not remember it but when I was a kid it came in a pink can and was billed as a "One Calorie soda" Laughing

That stuff was awful...My grandmother drank that nasty stuff and whenever we came over to visit she would serve that to us with lunch...I still taste it sometimes when I burp...ewww
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 2:56 pm

hokay, here we go again.
GO to Nutritiondimension.com and buy the Diet Exercise and Nutrition
so that all this silliness can stop for good.

There are only these things:
protein,
carbs
fat
water
vitamins
fiber
inert matter
poison.
there is nothing else.

your brain burns five times more carbs that ALL
of your other tissues put together, night at day.
Hating carbs makes you stupid.
too much protien is excreted by the kidneys NOT stored
and this is hard on the kidneys.

Too much fat can't even be stored.
SO, it clogs your blood vessels causing heart attack and stroke.

not enough protien and you don't heal or grow hair and nails.

every thing that you eat is burnt or stored in four hours.
Break-Lunch-dinner is a waste of time and brains and healing!

EXACT your protien
limit your fat
love your carbs
lift weights
do your cardio
sleep and drink lots of water

so that I can stop worrying for a while!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:06 pm

...Pardon?

Citizen.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I put all the answers in the above post.

the arguement about zero calories must start with the above info
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I was just wondering why what I assume is a government agency allows businesses to lie about their products for what I assume is only a small boost to profits.

Seems a little bit off.

Citizen.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Never believe any label ever.
just get the real info and proceed from there.
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:31 pm

But, how do you get the real info if the labels are incorrect. That's what I'm curious about.

I'm not complaining, I couldn't care less to be honest, just confused as to why nobody goes "Hey! Mr.Government Man! This label is incorrect & you allowed them to do it. Sort yourself out."

Citizen.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:36 pm

yah, forward we go with struggle.

Somebody DID say that to the gov
which is how we got the dumb charts on there at all.

Until we can get more educated, I am happy to answer RLSH questions for free
Back to top Go down
Citizen

Citizen

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Until we can get more educated, I am happy to answer RLSH questions for free

I've been thinking of getting a bird sidekick, so my RLSH related question is as follows: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I jest. Thanks for the info, my tree friend! I will use it to help with my nutritional woes.

Citizen.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm

If you'd like to PM me and type up what you eat in the average day,
I am happy to go over it for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it really "zero calories?"   Is it really "zero calories?" Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Is it really "zero calories?"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: