Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should we EVER use deadly force?

Go down 
+19
Cognito
Sonic Eagle
Urban Avenger
Proteus
Red Dragon
Rogue
Crossfire the Crusader
Dark Guardian
thanatos
Chivalry
Equal
NightAngel
Polarman
Zimmer
Sleepless
DarkShadow
Kaiju
E0N (Inactive)
Gauge
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Just so we're clear, firearms aren't the only source of deadly force. (Fuck you Dr. Seuss)
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Anything can be deadly. If you use force, it can turn nasty.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Red Dragon wrote:
Just so we're clear, firearms aren't the only source of deadly force. (Fuck you Dr. Seuss)

Thanks a lot Red Dragon...now I have this stuck in my head

I will shoot you in the gut
I will shoot you in the butt
I will shoot you in the head
I will shoot you til you're dead
You know that I'll use lethal force
and I will shoot you down of course
.....................Dr Fricking Suess!

Back to top Go down
NightAngel

NightAngel

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:53 pm

that was exactly right reverand. shit happens and u will have to make hard decisions will u have to live with. if u cant handle making hard decisions in a split second then u might aswell hang up ur cape
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Dogman wrote:
Anything can be deadly. If you use force, it can turn nasty.

Well it's true but I can't press a button on this pen to use it's kill mode. You bring a sjambok, sure, it has the somewhat chance of lethality, but you're walking out the door with the intention to only use less lethal tactics. When you walk out with a gun, you're already accepting the possibility of lethal force on patrol. That's how I see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Cognito wrote:
If your entire concept of "gun ownership" is what a martial arts teacher "told you" and what you've seen in movies, excuse me if I don't take that as Gospel over my dozens of years in the field and 2 branches of service. :-\

Flora said:
"Guns - always - exist in a state where they can be removed by the bad guy TO the bad guy."

This is what "retention holsters" and "concealed carry" are all about.
If a bad guy can get MY gun from me, they deserve it.

CorneredCat.com is a great eye-opening resource for non-gun-owners who think they know something about guns.
Most of what I'm seeing here is dangerous misinformation....

With or without an extra weapon, paradigms guide the mind.

May more people have and use retention holsters and may no bad guy ever "deserve" your weapons
Back to top Go down
Cognito

Cognito

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Most days I carry deeply concealed, meaning it's literally in my pants.

Like I said, if they can get to it.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Your gun is buried deep in your pants? You have an inner thigh rig or just a holster that fits inside of the belt?
Back to top Go down
Cognito

Cognito

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:19 am

I have many holsters. My "deepest concealment" rig does, in fact, ride inside my pants, slightly above "package position". Not the fastest draw...that honor goes to my Blackhawk Serpa quick-release hip rig that I wear when I open carry. Which is pretty often. But if you don't have a gun ON YOU AND LOADED at all times, you might as well not even own one.

Since I don't wear a mask (ever) and since "on patrol" means 'anytime I'm not in the house', I don't have to worry about what I "look like" as a "hero".

My philosophy is: ALWAYS carry your gear (or some smaller version of it), ALWAYS be "on alert/patrol" and ALWAYS just do the damn job - just get out before people start asking too many stupid questions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 am

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:

Thanks a lot Red Dragon...now I have this stuck in my head

I will shoot you in the gut
I will shoot you in the butt
I will shoot you in the head
I will shoot you til you're dead
You know that I'll use lethal force
and I will shoot you down of course
.....................Dr Fricking Suess!

But I do not like guns, Sam I am.
You are a moving target, blamety blam-bam!

If the grinch set foot into your home with several grams of lead,
within seconds, your family may surley be dead.

Nine one one will never save you my friend,
for as long as they take, you would meet your end.

Get a gun, get a dog,
fight back, fight back, even hit him with a log.

You're right, absolutely right Sam I Am,
I refuse to be a victim ever again!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liberator

Liberator

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

No. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but were supposed to be role models in are community. showing people deadly force is okay, is also condoning violence. Nothing good would come from it how ever you slice it. [L]
Back to top Go down
Cognito

Cognito

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we EVER use deadly force?   Should we EVER use deadly force? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Should we EVER use deadly force?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3