Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Handling the heat and the mosqitoes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Empty
PostSubject: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Just wondering how you are putting up with the heat waves down south I of course have lots of water and pink lemonade as well as grapefruit juice to drink Some of you got a picture of an Arctic mosqito but Im wondering if dispite their size are they any worse then the mosqitoes you guys have down south? At least Nunavut doesnt have horse flies deer flies or black flies as of yet but there is a rumor that they may be arriving by 2015 We already have a variety of grasses and plants that did not grow up here a few years ago Dandy lions only started growing for about 10 years This is a first year for what Im told is horsetail grass Never seen it up here before What steps are you taking to keep cool in the summer heat Im stuffing my outfits in the freezer Im also wearing short sleeves most of the time covering up when the mosqitoes get really bad such as the case over the weekend on National Parks day Lots of people wanted to go swimming however the bugs came at them as soon as they got close to the lake We couldnt even go fishing at the river because of the bugs I sent Kaiju a pic of one that landed on my hand I also sent him a pic of a shirt with the Iqaluit air fightiing squadron on the front (Iqaluit mosqito joke) I saw on the news people filling swimming pools with ice cubes to cool the water down abit Im sweating up here and Im not the only one We almost reached 30 degrees and thats a record for our warmest days We even had a powerful Thunderstorm on Saturday night Kaiju Next time Ill try to get pics of the thunder storm in case nobody believes this
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 am

I was down in Oregon a couple of weeks ago and the mosquitoes made me laugh, they're so tiny compared to the unofficial Alaska state bird.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:48 pm

bloodsucking no see ums
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Polarman, don't the mosquitos up your way eat ducks all gone while they are in mid-air?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 pm

I lived in Phoenix for ten years.

1. the weather channel lies

2. do stuff at night

3. put all food in the fridge and ONLY eat cold food.

4. put plastic ice pack-thingys in your waist band

5. drink WAY more and plan more restroom breaks
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Kaiju If you want Ill send you another pic of the mosqito on my arm and you can post it for me
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Oh, please do!

I've only heerd tell of the squitos.
I've not seen one
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Flora PM me your email or some way I can contact you and Ill send you the picture of it too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handling the heat and the mosqitoes   Handling the heat and the mosqitoes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Handling the heat and the mosqitoes
Page 1 of 1