Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to safely test out pepper spray?

Go down 
+10
Redline
Flora V. Arbor
Midnite Detective
Zimmer
Proteus
Urban Avenger
Gauge
Jack Shadow
E0N (Inactive)
DRock
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 pm

It was my very best friend of over 25 years. Practical jokes abound!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:37 pm

tsktsk
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 am

Bad boys for life.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 pm

You know what they say: If you can't roughhouse with your friends, get sturdier friends. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm really the only guy willing to go through the same pepper spray training every average policeman or woman has to go through. There's a word for guys like you...starts with a P...ends in ussy...
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Ah, but I have been sprayed with pepper spray before, by a cop even.

Zimmer, during testing, I caught myself in the face with LH and got it in my eyes and nose at least six times. Posted and documented on another forum.

It works, I have no doubts about it and do not need to full on spray myself with it.

Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Can't think of it.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't think he's talking about you MD.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
I don't think he's talking about you MD.

Ah well. There my dirty self-macing secret is out on this forum now. No
Hey at least I didn't get tazered by the cop too.
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Thank you for the loads of good advice!

I'm going to wait a week or two. First to get supplies and let the LH ferment.

And secondly to make sure I got WHMIS labels, some sealed jars, and a chest with a good lock so that my roommates' kids don't get into it.

Even then, I might have to kibosh the plan. I really don't want this stuff to cause any danger.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 pm

I may have to try this recipe before my oc spray expires.
Back to top Go down
Redline

Redline

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm not sure if this question's been answered before, and it may sound a little stupid, but I felt this would be the perfect place to ask:

Seeing as milk usually stops the burn from peppers and other spicy objects, would milk stop the burn (or at least diminish it) from pepper spray?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 pm

no, not really. stuffs way too potent.

unless of course you're gonna dunk your head in a gallon of milk....

but as I recall they use cold water and johnsons baby shampoo.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 am

Coconut milk is also really good at cutting the heat, but I've never used it on my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 am

I coughed and hacked and snotted and wheezed until someone gave me some wetwipes. Even with that it was pure misery for a while, especially the difficulty breathing.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 am

Has anyone tried the Sudecon wipes?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Spray canisters have first aid directions printed on them. If you deploy it on someone, it's your responsibility to make sure they get care as soon as prudently possible.

Also ask if they are wearing contact lenses. If they are, DO NOT remove them yourself or tell them to. Some websites advise you to remove them, but that is horrible advice as you could do irreparable damage to their eye. A medical professional can assess and decide how to proceed.

Stay on scene until emergency services respond. They may need to know what you sprayed the guy with. No matter the reason for spraying someone, they likely don't deserve to permanently lose their vision.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm

How are you supposed to read the first aid information if you've sprayed your self though? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 am

Ideally you would've read that information before you use the product.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 am

Ideally? Have you seen the people who work here?

*looks at a two-headed hairy thing with no name, a guy in an armoured mech-suit, guy in a red cape and gold tights, BearMan and some girl in high heels and a whip*

Hmmm.... That's odd, she's only wearing high heels... Uniform must be in the wash...
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 am

I found a 2 oz tiiny pepper spray at a thrift store for 3 bucks . Here in the pacific northwest most heroes won't carry weapons unless they have tested them on themselves . So I had 6 beers and decided I should spray a cloud of pepperspray and walk through it to see how bad it sucked . But I was kinda buzzed and acidentally sprayed myself on the cheek . It instantly started burning so I as a natural reaction rubbed my eyes . Bad choice , it hurt bad . I had to strip and shower for 20 min before it was tolerable , my experience is even cheap pepperspray is effetive and I hope I never have to use it on anyone
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 am

good man rev. that's the way ya do it, money for nothin and the checks for free.

wait... no...
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 am

Rubbing reactivates the compound and intensifies the effect, as the Reverend has eloquently put it. Washing the affected area with soap and water helps to relieve the burning, and milk has the same effect. As silly as it may seem to some to test pepper spray on yourself, it really is the best way to understand what you are inflicting on others if you choose to use it.
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 pm

So note to self... big bucket of water right next to me before I test this stuff.

Also, an eyewash station bottle.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 pm

If find it almost as silly as testing guns on yourself. The label say it hurt, that's good enough for me. I don't care if cops does it or if Zimmer does it, it's a stupid thing to do. If fucking Einstein did, it would still be silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to safely test out pepper spray?   How to safely test out pepper spray? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How to safely test out pepper spray?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next