Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sixth Sense

Go down 
+7
Crossfire the Crusader
Equal
Anonyman
Polarman
Proteus
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Rattler
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

Sixth Sense - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

204 your first impression was a train wreck, but I am in favor of second chances. You are a young person after all, who knows what you may become in the fullness of time.

Many of the people that I looked up to on here a year ago no longer come around. I miss them. But I am glad that new people continue to sign on.

EON is a military man like me. If it's one thing we know it's the right way and the wrong way to report to a new unit.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am

Instructor wrote:
I don't find traditional meditation to be as useful as training, but that's just me.

I agree with that, although martial arts isn't an area where my background is especially amazing.
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am

Legend has it that the birth of Shaolin Kung Fu is directly related to meditation. When Bodhidharma travelled to China from India spreading Buddhism he found the monks at the Shaolin temple to be out of shape and unable to meditate for long periods. He taught them fighting exercises to increase their endurance.

Who knows if it's true but it's a pretty good story.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:52 pm

204 wrote:
Grr, I know, lol. That's one of the primary things I feel so upset about; most RLSH aren't willing to commit the time. I feel like saying "You're friggin' superheroes; you should be the best, evolved, you that you can be!!" I feel superheroes should hold themselves to a higher standard than most. We should be rolemodels, and facilitators of growth and change. Instead most RLSHs seem, (in my opinion) to be focused on costuming, armoring, and butting heads with whoever they feel is a bully. The RLSHs that show a trmendous, significant amount of character are few and far between. In my opinion, the following superheroes are probably the most virtuous, and morally sound: Superhero, Thanatos, Knight Hood, Life, Zetaman, (though reitired, he was a great rolemodel), Crimson Catalyst, Rook, and Sky Man. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that really stand out to me because they seem to try and go above and beyond their limits and inspire growth in others. I feel that's what a superhero should be. Smile

Don't forget the first two letters in RLSH. REAL LIFE. Kids, school, job, charity work ect. Training is what can be done in between. There is no time to become a professor in everything, so every RLSH understanding the meaning of the RL spend their time efficient, training practical skills insted of taking a major in philosophy and spend the next 400 years unlocking the secrets of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Btw, this is the sixth sense everybody is trying to understand.

Blind after stroke, but his subconsciousness is still getting signals from his eyes. He can more or less sense the obstacles.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:27 pm

The only reason i know of where a blind person could avoid bumping into things in the room would be because he knows the layout of everything in the room However if you were to move things around without him knowing aboutit you could increase the risk of him being injured or possibly worse
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 pm

To some extent sound plays a role for blind people too. Just a natural part of the five senses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Equal wrote:
204 wrote:
Grr, I know, lol. That's one of the primary things I feel so upset about; most RLSH aren't willing to commit the time. I feel like saying "You're friggin' superheroes; you should be the best, evolved, you that you can be!!" I feel superheroes should hold themselves to a higher standard than most. We should be rolemodels, and facilitators of growth and change. Instead most RLSHs seem, (in my opinion) to be focused on costuming, armoring, and butting heads with whoever they feel is a bully. The RLSHs that show a trmendous, significant amount of character are few and far between. In my opinion, the following superheroes are probably the most virtuous, and morally sound: Superhero, Thanatos, Knight Hood, Life, Zetaman, (though reitired, he was a great rolemodel), Crimson Catalyst, Rook, and Sky Man. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that really stand out to me because they seem to try and go above and beyond their limits and inspire growth in others. I feel that's what a superhero should be. Smile

Don't forget the first two letters in RLSH. REAL LIFE. Kids, school, job, charity work ect. Training is what can be done in between. There is no time to become a professor in everything, so every RLSH understanding the meaning of the RL spend their time efficient, training practical skills insted of taking a major in philosophy and spend the next 400 years unlocking the secrets of the universe.

Lol, I don't expect anyone to become a professor in anything. I have heard the following sentence way too many times from newcomers to the RLSH movement: "Yeah, I wanna be a superhero, but I need to finish training first."

There is no such thing as "finishing" your training; it's a lieflong journey, start training in what you feel is most practical, then those will stem off into other skills, then those unto more. For me, the first thing I began training in was martial arts. I became extremely skilled at Hand to Hand Combat, and CQC, and learnd of concepts of "Chi" and then studied that a bit, then that led into studies of the paranormal and supernatural, which then led me to discover that they are actully normal and natural, and then that led me to start training in anatomy, and so on and so forth; training is something you should always do. You can train while simply walking through town; every experience and sensation you have, everything you perceive, is just another oppurtunity to learn, and train. It's as real as you can get. Yes, I understand the first two letters of RLSH,and I'm not trying to imply you shpuld get a Major in anything, or even master anything because mastery of anything is nearly impossible, because there's always something new to learn in any field of study. Knowledge evolves, and therefore it is infinite, thus you can nver stop learning, and so you should never stop training. The key is balance and moderation. Smile

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:04 pm

"US Military Seeks Sixth Sense Training"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Thank you for that wonderful contribution, EON! I feel that they described Intuition in wonderful terms: "Humans can detect and act on unique patterns without consciously and intentionally analyzing them."

After reading it, I got a better understanding of my intituition. For me when I get the Sense, if I had to put into words that describe what I'm thinking subconsciously it would be "I am doing something wrong; there is something I am missing here..." and so when I get the Sense, I stop whatever it is I am doing immediately and go on hyper alert to take in everything I can and then I deduce what it was I am missing.

Thanks again for this wonderful contribution, EON; it describes exactly what it is with no mystical mumbo jumbo connotations! cheers

Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Joe Rogan and the God Helmet (explicit language in the Infinity Video)   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 am

E0N wrote:
"US Military Seeks Sixth Sense Training"

<Military Seeks Sixth Sense Training URL>

@JohnDoe as well: Through the Wormhole is a GREAT show! I love to watch it...if even sometimes for all the fancy animations. Smile

@E0N: Given that reaching this type of experience can safely be paralleled (?) to a "God" Experience, then it would be therefore logical to reason that finding a way to stimulate your temporal lobe in just the right fashion can achieve your desired result.

...Kind of like Cerebro, in a sense.

And yes, I am specifically referring in this case to Persinger's "God Helmet".

I also have been made aware that sensory deprivation chambers (certain spas have them...take your pick of the lot) also help to create this type of experience.

There is also a videocast (vodcast?) of the Joe Rogan Experience with Duncan Trussell, called "Floating in Infinity" that might be worth one's time to look into, if you haven't seen it already.

Warning: As it is part of a Joe Rogan show, it does have explicit language...but the point that I am trying to make is still there.

@Admins: Apologies in advance if this content is inappropriate in any way...but I felt that the information contained therein relates to this topic on many levels (with a bit of adult-oriented humour included). If it is more to this board's inclination, please feel free to edit the Joe Rogan content out for moderation purposes. As I am new, I am not aware where the moderation boundaries lie, here.

Anyways... I am in a process of learning how to "attain zen" as well.

On some levels I safely feel that I have come through a lot already.

I look forward to sharing with your experiences and growing together as a team.

I love you,

~HS.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am

Equal wrote:

Thankyou for saying this! farao

I couldn't agree more. Cool \m/

Cheers,

~HS.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:20 pm

JohnDoe wrote:
<Through the Wormhole YouTube video URL>

Intuition can, in a sense, be improved through dramatic life experiences. Tense experiences
capture much more information than a relatively calm life experience. A tense experience causes your brain to go into overdrive. Overdrive allows your brain to take in more information from
its surroundings. The information relating to that experience is then stored in your brain for future reference. Because emotional experience leave behind very vivid memories those will stand out in your brain's database.

In the future, while living your life, you will come upon a situation where your subconscious recognizes a pattern. This subconscious recognition of a pattern is then expressed as a "gut feeling".

Intuition, muscle memory, kinesthetics and spatial awareness are tools already at our disposal. Meditation, exercise and eating healthy simply help our bodies and minds become much more efficient.

Thanks so much for sharing this link!! cheers

As it happens, I got introduced to that show via a friend last month. cat

As "predicted", I fell in love with it immediately. I love you

I still find the etymology funny of the term "gut feeling". Even though our intuition comes from our brains, I think it is because all of our "raw data" is processed in the brain-like behaviour of our digestive tracts (also coincidentally enough right in the center of where the Tan t'ien lies). Smile

Whatever you feed your "gut" (in my "mind") will produce an end result of what your "mind" feels.

Educated comments, anyone?

Cheers! Cool \/

~HS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Sense   Sixth Sense - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sixth Sense
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: