Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finding a real life superhero

Go down 
+5
Gauge
hiddensparrow
Starman
Polarman
JCElite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JCElite

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Finding a real life superhero Empty
PostSubject: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:07 am

I'm new to this real life superhero thing and I'm definately interested in getting into it full fledged but I have a few problems. For one I live in a rural town with seemingly no crime, I also am very under equiped as I am new, and lastly I am only 5'5 and rather slim and although I am a skilled fighter in Thai Kickboxing, Kenpo Karate, and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu I would likely have trouble if something went awry and I had a big angry goon after me. So basically the whole point of this is to ask a simple question. Is there anyone in the Massachusetts area that I could join with even for a simple patrol or until I "get my bearings straight." If anyone has any reccomendations for me the help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 am

What about instead of just crimefighting if you live in a low crime area you focus on charity events Handouts to the homeless See about supporting kids who are sick in the hospital Talk to kids about bullying Shoveling snow Vollunteer at festivals
Back to top Go down
Starman

Starman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 am

JCElite wrote:
I'm new to this real life superhero thing and I'm definately interested in getting into it full fledged but I have a few problems. For one I live in a rural town with seemingly no crime, I also am very under equiped as I am new, and lastly I am only 5'5 and rather slim and although I am a skilled fighter in Thai Kickboxing, Kenpo Karate, and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu I would likely have trouble if something went awry and I had a big angry goon after me. So basically the whole point of this is to ask a simple question. Is there anyone in the Massachusetts area that I could join with even for a simple patrol or until I "get my bearings straight." If anyone has any reccomendations for me the help would be greatly appreciated.

Where do you live? Obviouslt not precisely, but what Town? Maybe you could find and rlsh near?
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Polarman wrote:
What about instead of just crimefighting if you live in a low crime area you focus on charity events Handouts to the homeless See about supporting kids who are sick in the hospital Talk to kids about bullying Shoveling snow Vollunteer at festivals

That's a great idea, Polarman! Perhaps soon I shall consider that option, myself! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:54 pm

JCElite wrote:

Welcome, JCElite! Very Happy cheers

Hope that you find the resources available here of healthy use to you! Cool \m/

~HS.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Im just comming to the end of the Toonik Tyme festival tonight My idea for you is to do something not only creative but unusual too

For ex Everyone else at the slidding party was on sleds snowboards ect while I rode on my shovel and one other small child had his toy shovel that he tried to ride on too
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Polarman wrote:
Im just comming to the end of the Toonik Tyme festival tonight My idea for you is to do something not only creative but unusual too

For ex Everyone else at the slidding party was on sleds snowboards ect while I rode on my shovel and one other small child had his toy shovel that he tried to ride on too

Aww! That's very adorable, Polarman. Cool

Cheers (and thanks for sharing),

~HS.
Back to top Go down
JCElite

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Polarman wrote:

I was planning on doing that as well but my town is only minutes away from more crime ridden areas so crime fighting is in the option. Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Another great way to be proactive if you can't patrol a big city right now is to gather information for those who can, and for your own future use once you start patrolling. Familiarize yourself with crime trend analysis and mapping, get training in first aid and learn how to properly protect a crime scene until police arrive (doing this last bit competently can gain you major brownie points with law enforcement).
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Sounds a lot like my town. I live in a small town surrounded by a few city. I can't patrol the citys either but I still patrol my town. Just because you don't have a costume or any gear doesn't mean jack. Just head out walk the streets and if shit goes down call the cops. Every town has its crime but its not all about saving the day. I remember going out on patrol and every night I'd walk through a section of road that was underr construction. Well every night there blinking hazzered sign would fall over. So every nigh id reset it up. One night it was real foggy. So I made sure to set it up again. Did I save a life? No. Did I prevent a car accidentt? Possible. But its little things like that that helps me give back to my comunity.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 pm

To add on to my post earlyer. I just got back from patrol. The most justexciting thing to happen? I got a milkshake at T-hill on my way home. Patrols are usually boring but don't let that discourage you and DO NOT let you mind wander. Just keep an eye on the forums and keep a possitive attidude. Im sure you'll do great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:46 am

You need to spin it better. Your patrol was effective in stimulating local economic growth. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Like I said I don't live in a high crime area. My patrols are often fruitless but they do have there moments.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 pm

A little boy got momentarily lost @ a local one-floor mall.

I stood with him and made sure that I doing my best to make sure he was safe until the adult he was with came to find him.

Shortly after, a couple of older gentleman walked by. One of them turned to me and called me a "guardian".

I blushed.

I know all too well what it is like to be a lost child in a large crowd of perpetually busy individuals.

I just shrugged and replied something to the effect of, "you do what you gotta do".

Cheers,

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 am

I live in Mass
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:51 am

Havoc wrote:
I live in Mass

3 Massachusettians ! ! !
Back to top Go down
catcommando

catcommando

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 11:28 am

Love to find some people here in the Cincinnati Area. I'm having no luck in contacting the ones that apparently work around here.

Don't get discouraged though.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 pm

hey you changed your paw print Very Happy

even tho that is supposed to be a cat print, it is still anatomically incorrect Sad

the 3 outermost toes form a somewhat straight line as the inner most is all alone Sad. Thats your random fact of the day.

i hope you and hidding sparrow get along Smile
haha, jokes.
Back to top Go down
catcommando

catcommando

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

adamm[] wrote:

i hope you and hidding sparrow get along Smile
haha, jokes.

Hahahaha. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding a real life superhero   Finding a real life superhero Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finding a real life superhero
Page 1 of 1