Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Further changes coming to the forum

Go down 
+6
C
Proteus
Dark Guardian
Leviathan
Zombie
Urban Avenger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Further changes coming to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:51 pm

we will be returning to a similar format that the site had when zetaman and dark guardian were running it. there will be a "public section" and a more "private section" that members will have access to, where they can post more relevant stuff that the public shouldn't necessarily have access to. if anyone has any questions or complains, please let me know. this will take some time as everything is really figured out and fine tuned. please be patient.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm

The private section is a releif but the forum seems like its already back to normal. What other changes did you guys have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

like a news section, registry... some stuff similar to the HN actually. a place for fan art if you'd like. just more options really. we're moving more out of the public eye as well, cuz in the past that's bitten us on the ass as well, as the media has used quotes forum users have made in their articles.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Sounds like a plan. I've never been on the heros network but I hear they have a HUGE selection. Not sure if that's a good thing though.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm

More choices are always better than no choices. A year ago this place was insanely active.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Indeed. But that was more of the kickass rush wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 pm

That was almost two years ago, when I first came on. This was right before all of the veterans started leaving the site.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Oh...that's no good. Got to keep the vets around to share there experiences with the new people. At any rate I'm glad to see your back. I've always thought you'd turn into a...heavy hitter of the RLSH community. The H.I.Ts could learn a lot from you.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Zombie wrote:
Oh...that's no good. Got to keep the vets around to share there experiences with the new people. At any rate I'm glad to see your back. I've always thought you'd turn into a...heavy hitter of the RLSH community. The H.I.Ts could learn a lot from you.

Like don't stab your own armour while wearing it Wink Eh... who am I kidding, I'd have done it too...
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I dunno what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:26 am

ahaha classic
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

lol. I'm excited about seeing this site return to it's former glory.

It's my hope that some of the veterans who had been put off of this site for whatever reasons in the past (format changes, personal reasons, whatever) will consider coming back. To me that would really be the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm happy to see that old posts I thought were gone, are back again.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:54 pm

They are? I don't know how that happened.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Well I'd written a few threads, like my introduction and descriptions of some Sector projects / project-ideas, and an article I wrote. They were deleted (I thought) when the forum shrinked. I asked Zed if he could find them and copy them into another category, but he replied they'd been deleted.
Now it seems they're back. That's nice.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 am

I'm glad this is happening and I hope it goes well.
Back to top Go down
Delta_RLSH

Delta_RLSH

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 am

UA,

I'm more of a lurker here than a poster, but I have to ask:

In terms of the “private section”, how do you plan to tell the difference between vets that are new to the board, media pretending to be RLSH, newbies and posers? (At least the trolls make themselves known fairly quickly)

It’s always a fine line between security and exclusion.

Delta
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am

Delta_RLSH wrote:
UA,

I'm more of a lurker here than a poster, but I have to ask:

In terms of the “private section”, how do you plan to tell the difference between vets that are new to the board, media pretending to be RLSH, newbies and posers? (At least the trolls make themselves known fairly quickly)

It’s always a fine line between security and exclusion.

Delta
I'm not UA but I'm fairly certain that the way it's handled will be entirely subjective. Anybody who is allowed on private sections will be trusted by established veterans who are also trusted...
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am

What double helix said, and we had it hat way before. This general information section is the only public one now. Meaning you don't have to have an account to read posts.
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Well, I'm thrilled that RLSHs have a private section here and I'm honored to be part of it. It's especially important not that the HN is again closed down. You're truly responding to a need, I think. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Further changes coming to the forum   Further changes coming to the forum Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Further changes coming to the forum
Page 1 of 1