Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

help me to make a decision

Go down 
+9
Vulpo
Stephen Hannaway
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Leviathan
The Reverend
Equal
Flora V. Arbor
Kuaquer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

help me to make a decision Empty
PostSubject: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 pm

I need to decide now whether to study criminology to continue with my plan to help the city .... or make another run and be an ordinary person, help me I have fear of making a bad decision.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:24 pm

was always my dream to help people batman style, as if it costs me my life and be risky
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm

where would you study?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 pm

You don't have to decide anything. Don't wait for life to happen, live it. And that includes doing your homework and staying in shape.

It's not a secret that I'm sceptical to your idea of doing your thing. It's not because it seems more like a expression of frustration than alturism, that's totally ok. It just seem you don't have the insight you need to go out on your mission. Superheroes use a lot of violence, but in RL it don't work like that. In RL people get hurt and killed. And somebody that hurt and kill people are just another criminal. No matter how much kung fu you train, you will never have total control over how much or little you hurt somebody. Don't become a part of the problem.

And if you manage to make the world a better place by using violence, it is not the result of violence, it's the result of luck. You can just as well make it worse. The effect of violence is unpredictable. That's a behavioristic fact.

So do your homework and make the adult decisions when you're older.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 pm

cant hurt to study
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 pm

In the end, only you can make this decision for yourself.

You have to ask:

Why you got involved to begin with?

What keeps you going?

What your priorities are in life?

Who it will help?

Who will it hurt?

What will be accomplished?

Bear in mind, whether you continue to study criminology as a career or as Kuaquer the Superhero matters not, in either direction you will be helping people.

As a career, it also means a paycheque. The bad guys still hate you because you do your job to put them away.

As a SuperHero, it means you've pissed off not only the bad guys, but possibly the police. They want to get the bad guys, but you would beat them to their arrest.

And if you do so in a violent manner, as Equal stated, things could go either way. But violence is a part of the job if you choose law enforcement or being a SuperHero.

Now, if you choose to give up criminology and go the cubicle route, you just die a slow and painful death from the inside out. You've accomplished safety and a paycheque, maybe diabetes and computer monitor eye strain from sitting on your ass eight hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:26 pm

you do not understand, I will study, but if studied criminology is to secretly follow my training for my wish, and if another race will study to be an ordinary person
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Flip a coin. Sometimes life presents a choice that's too close to call. When this happens just use some random factor to pick one and then go forward without regret, without looking back, and without wondering what would have happened. The trick is to just keep moving.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 am

You have to figure out what you want to do, but taking a course in Criminology isn't exactly a lifelong decision or life transforming event. You could always take it and still be an ordinary person. In fact most people who take such courses emerge afterward as ordinary people.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 am

yes, but if I study criminology is only to realize my dream, it's 4 years of study.
I have fear to risk to be like batman.
Do not wanna be like you, do not get me wrong but what I wanna do is much more risky.
It would not be a hero to walk like any other on the street.
I'll go out alone at night and hiding.
I want so much to be haci to help the city, in future years will continue to increase crime.
When the city is in chaos .. I will be there.
But when I think about the risks and see if I want to be a vigilante like Batman, I get scared.
If I want to be like in the future, should I be thinking about to study. That started practicing martial arts, and how to infiltrate police frequencies. I have to plan everything well not die in a try.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:15 am

You sound kind of ridiculous, mang.

I'm not sure how you think the things you would learn by majoring in criminology would have any direct impact on your Batman fantasies.

Give enlisting in your military as a cop a try. Free training and maybe some free lessons on reality.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:45 pm

... Oh for the love of some generic deity.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:28 pm

E0N wrote:
You sound kind of ridiculous, mang.

I'm not sure how you think the things you would learn by majoring in criminology would have any direct impact on your Batman fantasies.

Give enlisting in your military as a cop a try. Free training and maybe some free lessons on reality.
That's pretty harsh, but it's still constructive, and I agree with you. I've been in situations in the past where people told me similar things, it's incredibly embarrassing to be told stuff like this, that's all I can say from experience.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Taking an introduction to criminology is not a four year commitment. Take the first small step, and see if it truly is something you are passionate about, and be sure you have an aptitude for the work. If not, you can always be a dentist or an accountant, etc.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Estudio de la criminología no es una buena manera de prepararse para ser Batman. Los métodos de Batman no va a funcionar bien contra la delincuencia real en la Argentina. Es probable que te maten si tratas de hacer eso. Tómese su tiempo para desarrollar una visión más realista de que será un éxito y no suicida. Pruebe una clase en la aplicación de la ley, un trabajo relacionado con la seguridad, o tal vez unirse a las fuerzas armadas.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Nunca esta de mas estudiar una carrera. Como criminologo, combatiras el crimen usando la ciencia y la inteligencia.
Ademas, estaras dentro del sistema. Para que las cosas cambien y erradicar la corrupcion, se necesita de gente convencida dentro de las instituciones. Asi el verdadero cambio es más efectivo.

Solo debes estar seguro de que esta es tu verdadera vocacion.

(In english)
Studying for a degree never hurts. And as a criminologist, you will fight against crime using science and intelligence.
In addition, you will be within the system. For that things will change and to eradicate corruption, it takes people convinced within institutions. So the real change is most effective.

You just have to be sure that this is your true vocation.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Eon tiene razon en que los metodos de Batman dificilmente serian efectivos en Argentina. Despues de todo, él tiene el apoyo del comisionado Górdon.

Es necesario planear muy bien lo que quieres hacer.

Aun asi yo creo que es posible hacer algo en nuestros paises. Solo debemos ser mucho mas cautos y planear muy bien las cosas. ¿Has leido las publicaciones de Shield? Hay algunas cosas que pueden sernos de utilidad.

Mientras tanto, preparate bien. ¿Ya has tomado alguna clase de artes marciales, de primeros auxilios?

(In english)
Eon is right that Batman's methods would be hardly effective in Argentina. After all, he has the support of Commissioner Gordon.

You need to plan exactly what you want to do.

Still I think it's possible to do something in our countries. We just have to be much more cautious and plan things very well. Have you read the publications of Shield? There are some things that may be useful to us.

Meanwhile, prepare well. Have you taken some kind of martial arts, first aid?
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:24 pm

la cosa es que este año termino la secundaria y debo decidirme , el valor para ser una persona como batman lo tengo , pero solo me asusta que pueda morir en el intento, y para eludir policias hay muchas maneras , bombas de humo , y muchas ideas si se planea cuidadosamente , lo que todavia no puedo sacar es como poder permanecer sobre los edificios de la ciudad...
Se que todo lo de batman es casi imposible , pero si uno se toma la urgencia de ayudar como sea .
Batman deberia inspirar a la gente , aveses ni la misma policia podria ayudar a una persona de varios ladrones... pero si alguien bien entrenado lo haria ... salvaria muchas vidas.
Quisas me créan un loco , pero mi plan solo lo hé dicho en este foro, si revelara este plan en mi familia o amigos , me dejarían en un psiquiatra.
No entienden que la justicia aumentará y los policias no podran hacer nada..

in english:
the thing is that this year I finished high school and decide the value for a person like batman I have, but that just scares me to die in the attempt to elude police and there are many ways, smoke bombs, and many ideas careful planning, which I can not get yet is how to remain on the buildings of the city ...
I know everything about Batman is almost impossible, but if one takes the urgency to help somehow.
Batman should inspire people, nor the same police aveses could help a person of several thieves ... well trained but if someone would do it ... would save many lives.
Quisas believe me mad, but my only plan I have said on this forum, if revealed this plan in my family or friends, I would leave a psychiatrist.
They do not understand that justice will increase and the cops will not be able to do anything ..
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

OK, let's say you know how to elude the police and you have some skills
and equipment.

Now, what, exactly, would you do first, second and third?

Why are you eluding the police?

Why are you breaking the law?

What do you expect to gain by breaking the law?
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm

elude the police because they treat me like a madman
break the law? in my country is not allowed to hit a thief.
I would do to save any unprotected person and root out traffickers.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm

make every effort to care for the city, imprisoning robbers and drug traffickers.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm

If you act differently you might be able to get the police to treat you differently.

If you are going to route out traffickers,
you must hand them over to someone.

To whom will you hand them over.

Where are the unprotected people,
why are they unprotected
and you is threatening them?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Do you own a prison?
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 pm

If I saw down drug traffickers, stop them and leave them tied up, so that the police found them with the evidence.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:21 pm

the police will find them frozen, with evidence of crime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help me to make a decision   help me to make a decision Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

help me to make a decision
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next