Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel Clamp Man News Piece

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnDoe

Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Real-life superhero Wheel Clamp Man comes to rescue of Perth's beleaguered motorists

Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Wheel-clamp-man_1096576t

Wheel Clamp Man was tracked down by a newspaper, but refused to disclose his name

Tuesday August 28 2012

A caped crusader in green lycra, multi-coloured socks and black Speedo swimming trunks has been hailed a hero by motorists.
The
mystery man with a Zapata moustache uses an angle grinder to remove the
wheel clamps and save motorists a $135 (€110) release fee.
In return, he asks for a small donation which he reportedly gives to the homeless.
However, the motorists’ superhero, known as Wheel Clamp Man, has been described as a menace by police.
Wheel Clamp Man has reportedly been helping forlorn motorists for several weeks in Perth, Western Australia.
He was tracked down by a weekend newspaper, but refused to disclose his
name and said he was inspired by England’s Angle-grinder Man, who wore a
blue leotard and removed clamps in London and Kent
almost a decade ago. He wore the costume to avoid being filmed on
closed circuit cameras and asked drivers before removing the metal
restraints.
“I’m helping people out,” he told Perth’s Sunday Times newspaper. “I don’t feel I’m damaging property.
“The amount of money these companies make off innocent people is insane. Where does that money go?
“Not into car parks or safer streets. It goes into their pocket.”
many comic book heroes, Wheel Clamp Man was driven to seek justice
after a traumatic incident that set him at odds with the law. He, too,
was once “clamped”.
“I went to a car park, pulled in,
couldn’t see any signs, and I must have walked less than 100 yards and I
was clamped,” he said. “It was a con because they were watching.”
Western Australia’s police said Wheel Clamp Man was a menace. They urged the public to turn him in.
A spokesman said: “He is committing the offence of criminal damage. We will deal with him.”
By Jonathan Pearlman Telegraph.co.uk

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/reallife-superhero-wheel-clamp-man-comes-to-rescue-of-perths-beleaguered-mototists-3213847.html
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Just, wow...
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 pm

i um kinda like anglegrinder man but honestly he and weelclamp are helping nobody . the police are going to assume the car owner removed the clamp and fine the owners for the clamp - tickets and possibly failusr to comply with a court order , that is a jailable offence . trust me on that one .
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 am

Not much forethought there, I agree. He's so silver age it hurts my eyes though.

Pretty crazy how there's two of these guys now and they look EXACTLY the same (save for some of the facial features).
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Angle Grinder Man is one of the reasons that when I first did online searches for this sort of thing I quickly concluded, "the people trying to do it are #!^%ing stupid" and promptly forgot about it for around 5 years.

I know people like to claim him so we can have an illustrious history, however.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:12 pm

And whats so wrong with Silver Age Heroes John?! Im a throwback hero to the silver age... color is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Clamp Man News Piece   Wheel Clamp Man News Piece Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wheel Clamp Man News Piece
Page 1 of 1