Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pyrotechnics

Go down 
+14
Zombie
Bandit
Midnight100
Rook
Kaiju
Amphiptere
Red-Ivy
Gauge
Wolf
Urban Avenger
Leviathan
Stephen Hannaway
DarkShadow
Ninja
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:10 pm

I liked the video, but from a tactical viewpoint, I have to wonder how distracting or otherwise beneficial these objects would be. Deploying the match is easy enough, but the other two require the use of matches or a lighter, adding steps to the process. Also, considering that most RLSH do not patrol in complete darkness, I wonder how greatly the effect would be diminished, especially when you consider the distractions already provided by urban settings.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Poppers. Just hear me out.

Those little paper things that pop when you toss them on the ground and they go off. Why not a contact trigger like that?

Toss the flashbang, hits the ground, off it goes. No need to dick around with matches or lighters.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I think that a light wouldn't work very well as a distraction in a well lit area, unless it was something extreme. Extra luminescent. Otherwise, I think loud, irregular noises work best. Whatchya got along these lines?
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm onboard with Midnight. Glad you covered the basics. Smile

This should be standard protocol for any of us providing "how to's" for anything we do. Smile

Keep up the good work...and I would be curious to learn your results on having tried Lev's recommendation.

Hope that no one gets hurt in the process of RL in-practice situation.

Cheers and in support for the name of Science (at the very least),

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Midnight100

Midnight100

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I should be getting a shipment of Potassium Nitrate from a friend soon. I use it when I make my custom smoke bombs. I've used those things so many times out on my patrol.

Currently I use strike anywhere matches to ignite them but I'm trying to make a contact smoke bomb where one can just throw and ignite. I've researched a thousand ways to go about it and they all come back as either time consuming or just down right crazy. One man even suggested using Ammonium Triiodide, which frankly is just downright insane.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am

Midnight100 wrote:
One man even suggested using Ammonium Triiodide, which frankly is just downright insane.

I can see his point, though. It's easy to make and you can manipulate the sensitivity by the purity of the components so that it doesn't simply explode for no apparent reason (though the very sensitive stuff made with very pure ingredients has that reputation). Still, a risk you might not wish to take.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Midnight100 wrote:
I should be getting a shipment of Potassium Nitrate from a friend soon. I use it when I make my custom smoke bombs. I've used those things so many times out on my patrol.

Currently I use strike anywhere matches to ignite them but I'm trying to make a contact smoke bomb where one can just throw and ignite. I've researched a thousand ways to go about it and they all come back as either time consuming or just down right crazy. One man even suggested using Ammonium Triiodide, which frankly is just downright insane.

Baseless NDAA arrest coming right up. Gotta use proxy or assumed identity LLC purchasing for that my friend.
Back to top Go down
Midnight100

Midnight100

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Leviathan wrote:
Baseless NDAA arrest coming right up. Gotta use proxy or assumed identity LLC purchasing for that my friend.

I trust my contact well enough. But believe me I know where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Kayaku Jutsu ~ Handle fire and explosions
it is a "Must" at night in the parks / woods !
- light and sound to have a "Suprise here i am" effect / to distract
- make your opponent blind for some seconds,
- hide yourself in fog
- make alarm systems , from little Bang sound - up to a wall of fire
+ some other funny things , BUT almost not possible to use this things for rlsh jobs !
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Tyson, the boxer, is scared of fireworks. Poor little guy.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Awww poor dog. I swear that's how my dog acts (He's a German Shepherd) Laughing
Aside from that, has anyone seen or heard from Ninja lately?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:42 pm

is ninja`s video deleted on youtube ???
i cant open/see it ! Sad
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi all...

Im sorry, ive been very busy and all over the place for some time now but things are settling now and should be back to normal soon.

As you can probably tell i have not finished this "topic" yet and the truth is I wont be:(. After thinking it through and talking to some friends I thought its best not to do this myself as everything I would have been mentioning or showing you guys/gals, may not be legal in some areas of the world so I have decided its best I let you guys find it out for yourself. All of it is on the internet somewhere anyway Cool

But I hope it has/may have opened up some possibilities and ideas as to how pyro can be incorporated and added to your RLSH antics!

If you need help with anything whether its advice, ideas, or how to's I will do my best to assist you and direct you to sites or videos as necessary...

Just post in this topic and ill reply so others with the same or similar questions may also benefit

And yes Shadow Cat I have deleted the video for now.

N.
Back to top Go down
Figment

Figment

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Well as for pyro stuff.
You take the same risk as you do with Firearms with a few added problems.
1st local law on them
2 secondary risk.

Now with that out there.
any pyro device from simple firecrackers and smoke bombs can star fires that are not wanted. (You need to know that risk)

now if you are talking BIY ones you need to watch your pressers in your cantonment vessel.  IE a to tightly packed smoke bomb (Suger and pataseam chloride (Stump remover) will go with a bang and not jest smoke. (You can coler the smoke using dry clothing dye)  (Add cyan-pepper and it will be a pepper smoker yes that is kinda mean)

If you use the inctent Ice pack (Iner liquid) soked newspaper and dryed method it is a usge fire risk.

if you use Thermight Rust and aluminum mix well then you are jest nuts and more of a RLSV then a RLSH (I do use Thermight for data destruction I would like to see some one read a hard drive after a thermight burn)

now with Pyrotechnic I have to make a point about Guns (Sorry Urban avenger  I know you do not like that.)

Now guns are jest a tool to force a pyrotechnic detonation with directed force.  That is it.

Guns you have to work with in the law of your area.  you will see statistics for and agenst them.
Truth Most people can not use them in self defense that yes that means LEO's and military.  only about 10% can.  so if you are in the 90% you should not have one with you.  they become a liability. also if you get in a HTH situation your 1st goal shold be keeping the gun in your control (Mind you any thing less then 25' they are no good) I am leagl to cairy an do most the time in civilian clothing but in my RLSH GEAR Not very often. (that is a safety thing I make)  (I am in the 10% and verified and it dos mess with your head BAD) For most of you you should not Cairy it will hender things you can do.  IE go into a bar even if it is jest to use the toilet many hospitals will not let you in too. 

Back to the pyro stuff. for one more thing
the use of them could put us on a crack down list from the DHS.  (I live in a mining community so in my area I have lots of access to the stuff.  (I will be going after my blasters license soon (I have a mine that I work (yes it is my mine I get about $20k a year out of it working it only 80 hours a year I would work it more but parking in water to work it sucks and the seson for working it is short about 60 days then it is too hot or under 2' of snow and frozen)

But over all I do not recommend use of pyro in RLSH stuff for the most part.  (I do though have a Emergency Rescu kit with me they typ made for boats so yes I do have them with me for a jest in case thing but do not plan on using them. some of my activity cover Deserts and Salt Flats.)

Now Flash paper can be fun and it is easy to make too.  (it is LOW RISK TOO)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrotechnics   Pyrotechnics - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pyrotechnics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: