Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid

Go down 
+10
The Reverend
Urban Avenger
Gadgetastic!
Overwatch
Amphiptere
E0N (Inactive)
Leviathan
Gauge
Zombie
Enigma
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Empty
PostSubject: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 pm

This Message was posted from Motor Mouth and he has asked me to forward it due to his need for help.

APB TO ALL NOR CAL PROTECTORATE, CCS, & INDEPENDENT RLSH'S/COSTUMED ACTIVISTS OPPERATING OUT OF THE SF BAY AREA:

NEED AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25TH IN DOWNTOWN OAKLAND TO STEM OFF ANTICIPATED VIOLENCE FROM OCCUPY OAKLAND'S ALLEGED ATTEMPT THEN TO RE-TAKE FRANK OGAWA PLAZA AS WELL AS STOP ANY MEMBERS OF D.O.O.M. (DEFEND OUR OAKLAND MOVEMENT) FROM ACTING UPON THEIR "B.Y.O.B." (BRING YOUR OWN BAT) CAMPAIGN TO WAGE WAR THAT SAME DAY AGAINST ANY "CAUCASIANS WEARING ALL BLACK".

PLEASE CONTACT ME HERE PRIVATELY AND NOT IN THE FORM OF OF A COMMENT TO THIS POSTING. I WILL ALSO BE CONTACT LOCALS VIA CALLS & TEXTS IN REGARDS TO THIS.

Please support Motor Mouth if possibe. Here is his FB link https://www.facebook.com/#!/motormouth.rlsh?fref=ts
The situation sounds serious, I would suggest anyone interested in helping him should contact him.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 pm

sounds like my kind of party. To bad I'm on the other side of the U.S. :/
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I agree. I wish I could help as well. Sadly I am too far away.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 am

I see this going very badly. Police presence will be high, and they will already be extremely tense. The crowd will be ready to fight. Add in fifty costumed do-gooders, and you have a pretty good mix for a doozy of a riot. If you choose to participate, make sure the cops know why you're there well before any activity takes place. If they ask you to leave, do so immediately.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Shame, coulda had some fun too.

This plus Obama losing the election (already stated by thousands nationwide that they will riot and burn) will create a dual riot, and the two may join forces. And worse, most police forces have been ordered to stand down if the rioters are a majority of minorities and are considered to have any "remotely anti-white or anti-law-enforcement" agenda because it would be considered "racist" to fight them.

I've already ramped up production of zipcuffs, and have a second bottle of painkillers on hand if my back isn't 100% by the time Orlando goes up.

If they're looking to "wage war on any "Caucasians wearing all black"", I am gonna need both bottles.

Anyone else facing this kind of situation where hey are? Detroit, Chicago, DC, NYC, Seattle?

Shield or any other LEO-capes, you guys have any input on this?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01 pm

It could be -- and hopefully will be -- basically nothing.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 pm

The Ray II
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Crap, I'm a couple of states away Cali but I won't be able to go anytime soon... really wish I could help, this sounds like a party is about to start...
Either way, I may see some action here, they've had riots before in Austin (like the occupy Wall Street protest was there too strangely enough) and the police were trying to hold them back... so something may go down here too...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 am

Gauge made very good points and I second his opinions. Caution should you choose to answer this call.
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Notice taken. I am checking to see if I can make this.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 pm

I would suggest additionally that if you choose to participate, that you ask police where your presence will interfere the least. You have an absolute right to attend, and the police shouldn't discourage you as long as you make it clear your goal is peaceful interaction with the public. You even have a good in with the crowd and could be an entertaining and calming influence. Just don't act like security guards, but instead be friendly, funny and supportive.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 pm

This, like all the occupy thing, will come to nothing but a pump for the media, inspiration for a handful of crappy bands, and an eventual documentary that blows the whole thing out of proportion but gets all kinds of awards at Sundance.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I only hope it's not even close to what it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

I will be assisting MM on this event. I would also be welcoming of anyone else that wants to help.

I greatly appreciate the wisdom and feedback I have seen in this thread so far. We recognize the potential volatility of the situation and are trying to make appropriate plans. As expressed by others, I too hope this fizzles into nothing, but if it doesn't... it may be challenging.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 am

I wish you all luck. Please be safe and heed the law.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

I pray for Motormouth and all others who have accepted his call to come to California to help with the possible violence and chaos. May they go into the night safe and return unharmed and well.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Not to take away from being prepared, concerned, etc etc.

BUT.

What happened was a few flyers were posted in Oakland making threats (it could be just one person who posted all of them) and it's also the day Occupy Oakland plans to "take back" their original site (which isn't going to work vis-a-vis the cops).

I mention that because I'm kinda getting a "we salute you who are about to die" vibe here...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:44 pm

I hope that's not the case Eon but motormouth did say that if they should die let them die as Giants. That alarmed me a a little. I really hope it all turns out to be a mild non violent protest.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Motor Mouth is the same guy who, as a leader, decided it was a good idea to give an idealistic kid (The Ray) a Capt. America type shield to take to an occupy Oakland event, and he ended up getting beaten by police and arrested. If any RLSH goes to this thing, just use your OWN common sense, and don't follow advice that makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

After re-evaluating the situation, I ended up not going.

The main march is over. There was only one incident of violence, but it did not affect the overall march. DOOM has not shown up yet. Occupy was within their rights. Police seemed pretty chill.

However, there was this guy:

https://i.imgur.com/otziU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mKR3I.jpg

From the different reporting I have seen over the course of the evening, he was trying to incite a conflict with occupy during the march. Racism, throwing a bottle, etc.. The full info is still developing.

Occupy is having an overnight vigil. This is where I predicted the problems cropping up. Hopefully things stay sane.

Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:09 am

It's over. It was nothing more than a couple of lame arrests. It was very peaceful and relaxed.

• Occupy did not bring tents and set-up a camp as they advertised.
  • Oakland PD maintained professionalism throughout the evening.
  • D.O.O.M. Did not assault black blockers with baseball bats.
  • No one, including black block, smashed anything.
  • Giants fans did not take to the streets and riot. (lol)
  • No RLSH folks with shields got arrested. (some shields did get confiscated though)
  • No race riots despite the appearance of Oakland's only vibram wearing KKK Member.
  • I estimate that at it's high point, there were 325 - 450 protesters.

There was one hold out that stayed in F.O. plaza after the police dispersal order. (park had closed) He climbed a tree and would not come down. After intense negotiations OPD eventually coaxed him down with pizza.

I monitored things closely. Before and during.

I believe that the ingredients for a bad situation did exist. Much worse has evolved under calmer conditions. Even though the credibility of the D.O.O.M. flyer had not been established, I was worried that it may become a self fulfilling prophecy. Even if something is not real, it can still get people worked up. However, In this instance, I believe that the outside threat had an opposite effect. Both OPD and Occupy were determined not to let an outside threat of violence interfere with the event. I think it may have helped make the event as peaceful as it was.

I also recognize Eon's (correct me if I am wrong) implied distinction between an "Oakland riot" and an "Occupy riot". Definitely not the same thing. Also, I don't think it was so much "we salute you who are about to die" as "we facepalm you who are about to look dumb on the 10:00 news" (E.g. The Ray incident)

One of my larger concerns was seeing a lone RLSH get caught in the crossfire. No matter how big/little a riot is, it would still suck to see one of us get beat down by a crowd.

Protests/riots are special situations that need careful consideration. They can not be approached like a patrol. I would encourage any RLSH teams or individuals who include these events as part of their coverage to give the topic some hard critical thought.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 am

The incident I read about was one guy with a black scarf on his face threw a rock, which bounced off a cop's chest armor.

I'd have felt pretty dumb for saying something if something terrible had happened last night.

What I was trying to say is basically that many people in the community and on this board magnify dangers/hazards in their minds. It doesn't mean there isn't a hazard sometimes, but it can lead to overreactions and paranoia... probably more often.

And what prompted the comment was not somuch the call for aid or original postings by people planning to go. More the grim "Good luck and God Speed" dramatic tone of some responses... plus probably this observation being one I've bottled up for a long time.

"Patrol," for instance, is basically walking down the street.

Henny-ways... probably enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Glad it went so calmly.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 pm

As am I. It did not turn out horrible and that is good.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Who had shields?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next