Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid

Go down 
+10
The Reverend
Urban Avenger
Gadgetastic!
Overwatch
Amphiptere
E0N (Inactive)
Leviathan
Gauge
Zombie
Enigma
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 am

I seriously thought about greyhounding my ass up there for a few days to join this mission . Oakland is itself an effin war zone . Motormouth deals on a regular basis that makes viloent occupy ralleys look tame . He is prepared and knows what he is doing . Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
Who had shields?

People who were part of the march. Not us.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 am

...as a member of Occupy, this thread kind of pisses me off. Just going to throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:47 am

Red dragon , motor mouth and his team have been big supporters of the occupiers ( my team brought our local camp food a few times a few times btw ) they were planning on protecting innocents from extremeists on the fringe of the occupy movement
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 am

Ah, misread this as I'm at work. Sorry...lol
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am

The Reverend wrote:
I seriously thought about greyhounding my ass up there for a few days to join this mission . Oakland is itself an effin war zone . Motormouth deals on a regular basis that makes viloent occupy ralleys look tame . He is prepared and knows what he is doing . Nuff said

There has to be some way to communicate that the world isn't as dangerous as many people think... without leading people to think the world is a perfectly safe place.

Oakland is just a city.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:05 am

Like as not there is a chart somewhere on line that lists citys by their respective danger levels. That would be as good a start as any for a unbiased standard.

Superman
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 am

Oakland is about number 4-6 or so in the country stats-wise. This article says 4: http://homes.yahoo.com/news/most-dangerous-cities-in-america.html

You can also look at it in terms of most dangerous neighborhoods, rather than cities -- which has totally different results.

I love that kind of research and think it's valuable. It doesn't change the fact that people regularly walk down the street in Oakland at all hours without being the victims of crimes or having violent encounters.

I think I keep saying "relax," more or less, because the community tends to mythologize ordinary things too much and default to hypervigilance.

I wouldn't be afraid to live in Oakland, much less to periodically walk down the street there.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Riots do happen, and it is important to keep that in mind when one is rumored or expected, but EON has touched on an important issue. A city may be on the "most dangerous" list, but that doesn't mean all areas of the city are dangerous. It's the difference between crime frequency, as opposed to crime density. Oakland may have one the highest rates of criminal incidents, but if the majority of them are confined to just a few neighborhoods, then you can avoid those areas to lower your risk of encountering trouble (unless you're looking for it).
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am

I have traveled most of the us and some mexico and canada . Detriot is scary , there are places in texas and missippi I wouldn't walk at night . Some of the darker areas of oakland are outright war zones . I have slept on the streets there in my deadhead days and I would not rlsh in those areas alone . Not bashing any city just saying what I have seen with my own eyes . Oh and chicage is way tougher than nyc . Just the way I ssaw it 12 years ago
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Anyone know if MM has been active lately? And his team?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 am

I saw him for a brief second on facebook a week or two ago
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 am

Just being observant here
But I couldn't help noticing
That the KKK guy looks like
He is wearing a dress
Is he trying to look cute?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 am

Nah. It's just hot out. He's got his summer robe on.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 am

It still looks like a dress I'm surprised that the guy
Isn't carrying a bag and going door to door collecting
Candies He looks like a ghost
Back to top Go down
Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 am

Gauge wrote:
Anyone know if MM has been active lately? And his team?

He's been occupied with civilian life right now. Think he has been trying to find work.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motor Mouth's Call for Aid   Motor Mouth's Call for Aid - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Motor Mouth's Call for Aid
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2