Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is this training is good enough?

Go down 
+6
E0N (Inactive)
Rook
Leviathan
Flora V. Arbor
Dreamscape
nightmare
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

is this training is good enough? Empty
PostSubject: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:32 am

First i studied (or researched) muay thai techniques and etc. relating to muay thai. Second i tried to punch the walls and initiate my training then i tried to patrol without a suit.
Back to top Go down
Dreamscape

Dreamscape

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 am

None of that sounds like training; how is this even a question?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 pm

TWI (Typing While Intoxicated ) perhaps
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm

His question was: "is this training enough?"

1. Muay Thai is ok if you're medium build. If you are medium build, it couldn't hurt to learn a couple more styles to throw off opponents and get more use out of your abilities.

2. What kind of walls were they? Cinder block? Wood? Padded???

3. Patrolling without a suit at first is good. Let's you get your feet wet, so to speak. With each progressive patrol though, bring some gear until you're ready to go in your full suit.
(That doesn't sound right somehow...)

4. Finally, depending on what you want to accomplish, you may want to get more under your belt. Practice observational skills, empathy, criminal law for your area, so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm

The only things that concern me with this is your attempts to punch walls. I know some folks have used similar techniques to "toughen up" their hands (e.g., Iron Fist), but in reality it's simply damaging to your fists. If you learn how to strike, you won't need to develop fists of iron.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Plan to punch a lot of walls on the mean streets? If so, sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 pm

This kind of strike training can have different results for different people. The theory is that when you punch, your hand suffers micro fractures that heal stronger than before, and you can punch increasingly harder with impunity. This is only true if you start small, and pay close attention to proper form.

BUT, even if you have perfect form, there is still risk. A buddy of mine used to train this way, and he built up callouses on his knuckles. Eventually, punching became very painful. He had his hand x-rayed, and had developed an abscess of his middle knuckle that was covered by the thick, callous skin. By the time they discovered it, it was too late to save his middle finger, but the infection hadn't spread up his arm yet.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 am

Concrete walls. I punch them but i don't develop iron fist and who fool will punch the walls bare knuckle? I wrap my knuckles of course. Is it okay if i brought a knife with me?
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:11 am

I suggest you use one of these if you keep hitting walls:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I advised against carrying any knife except for a Swiss Army knife.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Well punching walls works too, but its better if you use a beanbag filled with rice and metal shot. The metal shot is basically ball bearings, but the point is is it allows your whole hand to be affected rather than just where its striking because the bag sinks in with each strike. It also greatly reduces the risk of injury than if you were to keep using a wall.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:04 am

Find a a place to meet to meet disagreeable people and agree with them. No punches needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this training is good enough?   is this training is good enough? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

is this training is good enough?
Page 1 of 1