Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Empty
PostSubject: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Hay everyone,

Im working on forming a team of hero's in Edinburgh and fife in Scotland. i have not yet got my suit but i am at the stage of ordering all the stuff i need for it.

Im thinking a full body morph suit custom made for my colours of course. and im needing stab protection for under it, im thinking chainmalle so i can keep my shape. im also thinking shin guards and knee guards as well as arm pads so i can block. im also thinking metal plates around the sides and top of the inside of my mask just wider than my head for added protection against slashes while keeping my shape.
I think the weapon im most likely to come up against is a Stanley knife which is a slashing weapon

I am gonna wear a cape, but im being smart and it will be attached by Velcro so if someone tries to use it to there advantage it should come right off.

I dunno what i can use as weapons in scotland yet tho i do want to use smoke bombs for easy getaways. im gonna have steel toe shoes and maybe some kinda glove that will hurt if i punch with it. maybe even a cameras flash? i dunno.

I need to have a lot of combat training but while i get ready for combat our role will be to help charity's, the homeless and help to make sure drunks get home safe and warm.

So far i have 1 person on the team, but i think i need to try to figure out how to find a good spot to make a HQ/meet up point where we can change into costume because leaving home dressed as rocket power is a stupid idea.

I have had an idea of having a a tape recorder on me for incidents to prove that i dont start anything, and i will leave it on the persons jacket or whatever with a note once they have been apprehended with handcuffs. once they ar secure i will call the police as a witness and throw away the sim card once the call is done. then i will make my getaway.
I think thats a pretty full proof plan.

But yeah any more ideas on protection, weapons and tactics on fighting crime or managing a team please say coz i can use all the help i can get giving i have no experiance.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 am

In regard to chainmail...

This is actually discussed on another thread. If you're going with chainmail, you'd best wear something under it, too.

Remember that anything can be used either as a tool, or as a weapon. A cape can be used to restrain or blind them.

The forums are great places to find out information. Just read through some of them, and see what you can pick up.

A good team is between 3-5 people, especially if you ever get into a really dangerous situation. Each person has a part to play. This structure can translate to a peaceful situation, too.

Instead of having a specific lair, why not meet up in a different place each time, and carry your personal equipment with you? A mobile lair is hard to infiltrate.

You could consider something you could wear under your street-clothes. And, instead of throwing anything from the phone away, just call the company and change the number. If you're truly anonymous and play it cool, they won't try to take your phone or anything.

Check out "S.A.S. Survival Secrets" on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 am

Ill have to take a look at all that stuff, and thanks for all that good advice, i have a long road ahead of me but it will be worth it in the end. and as for the changing your number company thingy i didnt know they existed. i was going with the sim card idea coz i can order them for 1p each off the internet so its not like its expensive to replace but ill look into the company idea.
with the mobile HQ idea, no one on the team can drive and i could wear my stuff under my streets but if i have armour on under my morphsuit with a layer under the armour its gonna get really hot. ill have to go test runs with that idea.
Thanks for your time ^.^
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:09 am

Don't use mail, get a multi-threat vest, lighter, less noise possible cheaper (?) and giving better protection. And for slash protection, there is a lot of kevlar options. An option for cape can be magnets, I don't know how vectro would work, don't know is anybody is using it.

The only reason you should have to make a getaway is dangerous people who want to hurt or kill you. If you want to do arrests and catch badguys, become a cop and play by the rules.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 am

i know that the best way to win a fight is to avoid them but i dont want to be a cop because cops dont get cool outfits. I dunno about armour armour coz im going for a more deadpool look so i dont wanna be armourd to the max, i need something under what im wearing but i need to kinda keep my shape.
I suppose if i practice how to dodge i could go without armour but i dunno.

I will be focusing more on helping the community but i need to know how to fight incase some ass hat starts on me
Back to top Go down
pongo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm

I have no experience in RLSH, but i know a bit about armour.
Try looking into D30. It's legal armour than is tough to punches or kicks etc. To protect against slashes you might want to look at doorman/bouncer kit. Or just be really safe and wear a stab vest.

I can also say that if you bulked up a bit, it goes along way in the stand-off game. Nothing scares some little scroat with a blade quite like muscle and a good growl.

Another thing you need to think about is your fitness. Carrying kit is hard going, even light stuf gets heavy eventually. Do burpees with a weight vest to get used to it.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:09 pm

If somebody starts at you you could try this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Something tells me you are gonna end up with a silly look.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks for all the help, i dont have time to read all that just now but ill look into it. and ill think about a stab proof vest.

As for the look, i want to look cheesy and classic because in my mind thats what a super hero looks like, plus the police are less likely to question me if i look like im on the way to a fancy dress party rather than full armour ^.^
Back to top Go down
pongo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:30 pm

why two locations, Edinburgh and Fife?. If neither of you can drive it is a bit far to walk Smile
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Train, bus. i say fife and edinburgh so its harder to pin point where i live, i rather play it safe
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 pm

If someone wants to find you, chances are, they'll find a way. Your best bet is to cover your tracks as best you can, and fly below the radar, so to speak. Patrolling in a costume may feel good and get a lot of attention, but unless you're mainly doing humanitarian work, you want to draw as little attention to yourself as possible.

One way of thinking of it is like this... In Japanese culture, they take the Taoist concept of yin and yang, and call it in and yo. In relates to tactical uniforms, black-ops-style missions, hiding in the shadows, and the more violent work. In contrast, yo relates to disguises, espionage, investigation, covert missions, etc. In is the more visceral, "dark" side; yo is the more cerebral, "light" side. It should be clear to you which will yield the greatest reward, for the least risk. After all, why go after criminals yourself, with nothing but your wits, when you can get a highly-trained, well-armed peacekeeping force to work with you?
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 am

i dunno, i just always liked the idea of doing it in a superhero outfit, i guess i could make a dark version of my costume for stuff like that giving that my costume will have most of me coverd up anyway.

the 1st couple of years it will probs just be helping the homeless, making sure drunks get home safe. stuff like that but i will be training me and my team for combat. and i think we will only do any sort of crime fighting operation when we are 100% ready.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:03 am

I've seen this time and again.  You're very enthusiastic, which is great, but right now you're holding fast to comic book style fantasies.  This will cause you great problems if you cannot overcome it, and you will risk the safety of you and your team, and anyone you hope to help.

First off, you can never be 100% ready to fight crime.  You can analyze your threat spectrum and try to plan for all the things that could happen, but you will never be able to train or plan for everything.

Once you realize the daunting nature of trying to be 100% prepared to patrol for crime, you will start telling yourself that you are "prepared enough".  Homeless patrols will become less satisfying, and you will crave the comic book action you are hoping for.  You may even unconsciously act in ways that will bring about confrontations that don't need to happen.

This is not a criticism, just a precautionary reminder.  Your ideas here are not far afield from most who are starting out in this field, and like most, your expectations will fall far short of reality.  

When you train, you need to train practically, and dress tactically.  Looking like Deadpool will not give you any type of edge in a fight.

Police will likely stop you in any type of superhero costume, especially if you have weapons of any kind.  

Learning to dodge is the least realistic way to avoid getting killed by a gun (aside perhaps from "taking it like a man")

Smoke bombs do not work like they do in movies and comic books when you are outdoors, with wind.

And, finally, there are no foolproof plans.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:33 am

Well i live in scotland and i never seen a real gun in my life apart from museums. I know guns are out there but im not planning on brinning down drug dealers, just little neds doing grafetti or muggers or guys who wont take no as an answer from a drunk girl. Even then i dont want fights, avoiding a fight is the best way to do stuff. but like i think that a fight is bound to happen at some point.

I already picked up another member for my team and a possible 4th which is awsome. but were more likely to be a community team. but i still want to be ready, and i know its impossible to be 100% prepared,  Ill try to prepair us 100% as a target but as an actress i know you can never be 100% otherwise you will never improve. my mind works in the way that i tell myself that ill never be good enough so theres no worry of me thinking im the best lol, ill be far from it.

On homeless outreach stuff we wont carry weapons so the police will have no problems. im wanting to go out and have a good time while helping people. im not going out to get beat up, that dosnt sound fun at all XD

Thanks for the warning tho ^.^
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:45 am

Getting some training and experience will quickly change your views on stuff (as all learning does). Focus on getting better will make you better. Adapt to what you learn and you'll learn better and faster. Be critical to where you get your information.

If you focus to much on looking cool and being respected, you'll get on a narcissistic path that will bang your head into the wall of reality (it hurts). If you focus is how to find a way to make the world around you better, you'll never know where you'll end up. But it will change you.

Don't worry to much about the tights and how to do it "right". I belive you'll devolop your own way when you are doing it. And don't worry about not being taken seriusly. Just make sure you are serius about what you are doing.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Well of course ill take it all serious but i find it hard to act serious. one of the reasons im choosing a ridiculous and cheesy costume is because i love puting smiles on peoples faces and being entertaining its maybe my dramatic side ^.^
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 am

As long as you're not doing anything dangerous, there's nothing wrong with that. It's when you get into fighting crime that you have to ditch the costume and do things in a different way.
Back to top Go down
RocketPower

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 am

we spoke and were pretty much doing just community stuff ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team   Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help and advice for a Scotish crime fighting team
Page 1 of 1