Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My First Patrol

Go down 
+3
Urban Avenger
Gauge
The Archer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Last night i went on my first patrol of my town, I did not go in costume as I have not completed my construction of it but I brought a mask. I went into fairly rough areas of my town but did not venture into to worse areas because I wish to gain more experience first. I circled the area a few times and after about 2 hours I headed home. I only encountered a group of young graffiti artists who fled when I shone my torch on them. 

I will go out once a month for 6 months as a new part of my training scheme which has been going on for about 3 months, after the 6 months I will hopefully go out weekly and eventually more often then that. My training scheme involves doing much more fitness training as well as martial arts training before being ready to become a full RLSH.

Could any experienced RLSH give me some advice.

Thanks

The Archer
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Self training is a tricky proposition at best, but you can only do what you can do. I suggest you start making as many contacts as possible in your area. I suggest doing handouts of socks and hygiene items to those in need. Coordinating this activity with police will build a rapport that will serve you well later on. Carry a recording device to make observations as you patrol. Go much more than once per month so people will be used to seeing you. It's not cool to be reported to the cops for prowling. Get certification in CPR and first aid then carry a kit. Finally, your greatest tool is your mind, but your cell phone is a close 2nd.
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:30 pm

My training scheme includes a first aid course from an instructor. Also I am doing martial art classes and have been doing so for a while now. I do Judo and Karate. 

I will follow up on your advice and I will start handing out stuff to homeless hopefully working with the police.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:21 pm

good stuff man.
Back to top Go down
Iron Lamb

Iron Lamb

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:05 am

Take care, Archer!
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:56 am

Boy, my first patrol involves with naughty kids throwing stones at us! Hehe, I missed my old patrol team
Back to top Go down

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:16 am

My first patrol was mostly walking drunk people home. Or stalking drunks to make sure they got to their homes/other safe places in one piece. Quite a few funny and interesting moments just doing that though haha. Most of them were happy-go-lucky good folks; can't recall any off the top of my head that I got an overly creepy or aggressive vibe off of.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Star Guy = 204
Back to top Go down

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:00 pm

No duh. It's not a secret.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:22 pm

As little as I like how FEMA handles emergencies, they do have some solid course material. If you can take their courses, do it
Back to top Go down
The Archer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks for all the support/ help guys.

I really appreciate it.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2016 4:03 am

The Archer wrote:
I only encountered a group of young graffiti artists who fled when I shone my torch on them. 

I would consider that a success.
Back to top Go down

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:36 am

You can get a lot of fannies out of the wringer by focusing primarily on the following areas; some are more wide-ranging than others. 

01. Academics

02. Situational Awareness

03. Survival, Escape, Resistance & Evasion (SERE)

04. Invisibility/Blending-In

05. Social Engineering

06. Use and Care of EDC Tools

07. Magic, Sleight of Hand, and Illusions

08. Lock Picking & Forced Entry Sciences

09. Counter-Surveillance

10. Counter-Tracking 

11. Meditation & Stress Management 

12. Special Operations Fitness Training

13. Krav Maga

14. Combat Shooting

15. Military Questioning Tactics

16. Combat Driving & Misc. Vehicular Operations (Boat, Plane, Bike etc)

17. Emergency Response (Fire, Medical, Search, Rescue, etc)

18. Doomsday Prepping

19. Extreme Sports (Sky Diving, Scuba Diving, Rock Climbing, Hang-Gliding, etc) 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My First Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Patrol   My First Patrol Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My First Patrol
Page 1 of 1