Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hardest you ever hit someone.

Go down 
+4
Savage
Batman973
Gauge
omen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Hardest you ever hit someone.  Empty
PostSubject: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:18 am

Once i landed my full weight on another guy while we were play wrestling. He was sitting on the floor legs in front of him, and i landed with my but on his shoulders. He folded in half. Snapped back, face all purple and jet puked a huge jet of foam all over my moms living room before having a few rather violent seizures. He was fine after a few minutes, but I really thought I had permanently damaged him in the moment. Ever have anything like that happen? A one hit K-O perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I try my hardest to never hit anyone. In most cases there is simply no need, even if the situation is highly charged. 

A RLSH should learn to recognize the potential for a situation to become violent and intervene before any violence occurs. 

Under no circumstances should the RLSH provoke violence. In Portland, where I'm located, there is a police regulation in the use of force guidelines that considers the officer to be the aggressor if he/she provokes the act. 

The same is true of RLSH. Worry less about how hard we hit and more about the non-combat aspects of our patrols. There's much more to learn.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Right , thanks for the parental advisory. So in summation you have never struck anyone? Have nothing to add to the post?
This is under the martial arts section. Please do not attempt to derail my post.

I find the use of the words WE and OUR in the final sentence to be dismissive and needlessly inflammatory but I forgive you in the interest of community unity.

If you ever need any pointers I would be happy to throw some tips your way , as I may have been doing this much longer than you.
Thanks for attempting to school me.  I am not looking for teacher. Now if you have a story to share, that I would be 100% interested in.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Your post was addressed to everyone, so when I say "worry less about how hard we hit," that is hardly inflammatory, but if you were inflamed, that was not my intent.

Your post, however, adds nothing to the benefit of the RLSH as a community, but is merely asking people to relate stories of "a one hit K.O." This is not the same as discussing striking technique, which is a legitimate martial arts concern. Even developing power would be productive. Asking about a violent encounter or destructive mistakes serves no purpose and promotes a bad image of the RLSH.

As for experience, it's all relative, and in large part depends on the quality of the experience. I see you were born in 1971, so I can imagine you have a fair deal of your own experience. It's really cute you think I need pointers, but I really think you should know who you're talking to when you say such things. You made me chuckle.

At any rate, I hope you patrol more safely than your post would imply. If you have patrolled yet, I mean. If not, I suggest you get some help.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks friend. I can tell you are a great guy. Nice to meet you.
 Still I do feel like you are attempting to derail my post that follows guidelines.

Lets get back on topic.

If you would like to explore the educational side of things I would definitely love to read the post.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:33 pm

I'll see what you have to contribute in your other posts. For now, I will refrain from posting more in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Ok boss. Hope I can live up to your expectations. Would hate to be targeted by you for harassment or anything right? I posted no details about patrolling but you say "hope you patrol more safely than your post would imply." so I do feel a bit under the gun and frankly unwelcomed by you. I am sure it wasn't your intent to marginalize and alienate a new member. Hope you enjoy my posts. You may even learn a thing or too.  
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 pm

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:55 pm

Hey Omen. Another Hmmm. Do I intrigue you? I would love to hear more from you , preferably on topic.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Most strikes to the head or face don't require much force to do damage depending on your target area and angles speaking from a martial artist perspective
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:01 am

Right, I am mostly interested in  first hand anecdotal accounts of the physical reaction to the blow.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12 am

The hardest I ever hit someone, was with knowledge that took me weeks to prepare; the hardest I was ever struck, was from the wisdom the person delivered to me, after listening.

Violence and I have had a strained relationship; hence, I personally choose not to dwell on it. It has always been a means to an end in order to accomplish a specific mission. For me to even dare to speak on something like this would serve no purpose.

I see that you are a ‘Crime Fighter’, Savage. Are you introducing this topic as a lead-in to a deeper discussion into combat actions, one-hit self-defense, or technique comparison?

Tell us about yourself. Are you an active RLSH? Did you encounter a situation in which you struck someone with all your might, in order to protect yourself or save another?

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:20 am

I will gladly discuss all this with you. In addition to my RLSH activities I am also an author. My interest is in the vivid descriptions from real first hand accounts. Nothing sinister going here. 

So back on topic if you do not mind.  Do you have anything related to the Martial arts and Self Defense to recount? Because this is that section of the forums.

I am in fact active and have in fact patrolled with other RLSH. May I ask your credentials sir?
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:28 am

I am no RLSH. I am one who is inspired by them.

I'm sorry, but I truly do not want to... not would, share some of the things that I have done. I am not the correct person to discuss these types of topics with. You might want to look to others on this board.

I am more interested in ideas on how to solve everyday challenges and inspire other to strive to reach their fullest potential.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:31 am

This post is about the reaction to being struck with violent physical force and the reaction to it. Sorry if that was unclear. If you are a pacifist this may not be the post for you.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

Nope. Not a pacifist, I'm am simply selective as to where I speak and on what I speak about.

A public forum is not the best place for me to go over extreme violent acts, such as this, for all those on the internet to read.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:50 am

Right, I am looking for more the authentic man style RLSH, Like Master Legend. If you are out there and have a story to tell please feel free, you can fictionalize the names and locations if you fear repercussion.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:12 am

Master Legend is a severely disturbed individual. Mind you, if his history is even half true then it's not his fault. Perhaps you could more clearly define what you mean by "authentic man style RLSH," as your posts seems to suggest you want someone who gets into a lot of fights.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am

Still trolling me gauge? Not very nice.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:13 pm

What exactly are you looking for Savage? I will contribute to the best of my abilities
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Just a vivid description of what took place from the perspective of a striker on a target. Descriptions of the physical response and what you possibly felt or did immediately after. 

The cause of the hit is unnecessary but feel free to include any back story needed. I was hoping for something that could be drawn on as inspiration for a scene involving a crime fighter and a criminal.

Thanks so much for posting on topic.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Well this happened in my regular civilian life as I work in the security field attempted to de escalate the situation but I saw all the signs of a sucker punch coming slight change in posture clenching and unclenching fist kept looking away from me to distract me more then anything situational awareness is the most important thing once I saw what he was doing I was ready he swung I passed hand with my RIGHT trapped with the left and struck with an angled hammer fist not with all my power since any shot from a side angle to the temple can kill I highly recommend training in a form of martial arts for better detail on that because if you don't know what you're doing you can kill by accident
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:53 pm

"slight change in posture clenching and unclenching fist kept looking away from me to distract me"
This is pure gold and exactly what I was looking for. So you deflected his incoming punch and applied a moderate hammer fist to the temple. Did he fall down? Pass out? Any seizures or sleep talk?
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 pm

No just enough to daze and distract as I applied a simple arm lock to keep him in place until the authorities arrived he was still fully consciousness no need for excessive force
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:53 pm

What did he say? Did he address the fact he was trying to sucker punch you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardest you ever hit someone.    Hardest you ever hit someone.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hardest you ever hit someone.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Self Defense & Martial Arts-
Jump to: