Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A crime fighters mindset.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

A crime fighters mindset. Empty
PostSubject: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 am

There is a specific mindset one must cultivate if one wishes to serve as a police officer, or as any walk of life that commonly deals with volatile situations. If you find these qualities lacking in yourself take charge of your life and try and steer towards these aspirations. We all have our own ethical standards, after all it is a very diverse  community. I think we can all agree that emulating the successful is a good path to any goal. In terms of crime fighting the police are definitely a good standard to aspire to in my opinion.

1) Initiative
2) Sense of Ethics
3) Respect and Knowledge of Laws
4) Communication Skills
5) Common Sense
6) Civility
7) Service Mentality
8 ) Humility
9) Controlled Temper
10) Thirst for New Knowledge

These attributes are not presented in any rank order. All are important for success, and they function in a symbiotic relationship and help produce an all-around top-notch crime fighter.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:00 am

That's a good list. I've worked with many officers who embody these traits, and it's plain to see the difference in those who lack them. Are you a police officer then, or have family who is/are?
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am

I have no more words for you troll.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 am

That's fine. I can still acknowledge a valuable post.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 am

If anyone else has anything to add feel free. Sorry about Gauge, he is currently following me around disagreeing with my posts. Trying not to feed the troll.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Children stop fighting before dad stops the car and spanks both of you to be sure of getting the right one. clown geek

Superman
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 pm

I have already dealt with this through the proper channels. Thank you for offering to spank me but I am not really into that. Anything to add to the post? If you wish to do any pre-reading before you jump in on a settled dispute you can see where this all started on my welcome post.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:40 pm

If you want to live by those principles, don't nurse a grudge. It's counterproductive. Gauge asked a neutral question about your experience, since you referenced law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:52 am

This matter has been addressed Blue Stranger , no need for a dog pile thanks. This wasn't a grudge. It was written during ongoing harassment, not after the fact. Please know more before jumping in against me. Again matter settled by an admin. No need to go off topic.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:06 am

It wasn't harassment. Sincere disagreement is valid commentary. Please recall, some of my posts were complimentary in nature. I regret letting myself be goaded into argument, but not for disagreement.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:38 pm

And Superman, shame on you. My response to this post was clearly complimentary, not an argument. Spank yourself too Smile
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:08 pm

See, he said nice things among his harassment, so it doesn't count, that's like trolling 101. 
He also isn't going forward holding a grudge. 
He is a good person, not a petty bully type this community should be attempting to distance it's self from.

Now back on topic please.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Please highlight the harassment and bullying in my post. This is a legitimate request, as you have made an allegation of harassment and bullying. I am genuinely concerned that you feel this way, as it is never my intention to make people feel anything other than welcome on this site.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:27 pm

You do it. Leave me alone. People can see starting with the first post of my introduction what you are attempting to do. Not welcome me to the community, that is for certain. I have no interest in continuing a conversation with a very un heroic and below average troll. Go play. The grown ups are busy.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Savage wrote:
This matter has been addressed Blue Stranger , no need for a dog pile thanks. This wasn't a grudge. It was written during ongoing harassment, not after the fact. Please know more before jumping in against me. Again matter settled by an admin. No need to go off topic.

I only do one type of dog pile. The good kind. Like this.

I was trying to ask you to answer the question about your connection to law enforcement. I don't see it as my job to correct anyone. I'm only interested in your information and how far I can rely on it.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Ok but again off topic, if you care to open a new topic about other issues I can ignore you there without disrupting my thread. Good luck to you. 

Alright, Lets get Back on topic shall we.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, your "introduction" did not introduce yourself or tell us anything about you. You asked to speak to "outsiders," "loners," and "fringers." I directed you to 204, who personifies those traits of RLSH outside of the mainstream community. This was a direct response, giving you precisely what you asked for. You railed at me for giving you worthless information and for attempting to derail your thread. Neither was the case.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:44 pm

You have ill intent, You are being dishonest. You ignore your own actions and playing innocent. Stop trolling and go away. I am here to talk to RLSH, not trolls.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:53 pm

I believe you are the troll. Your reactions are unreasonable and out of proportion. You also have not addressed the fact that my direction to 204 was precisely on point with the topic.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I no longer wish to converse with you. That is the opposite of trolling. Lets both stop talking then ok? Not addressing any of your lies. Trolls are as much a part of online life as stepping in dog poops are a part of walking on a lawn. I just want to wipe you from my shoe and move forward.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 pm

I am sorry you feel that way. I'll make this deal with you if you like: if you refrain from characterizing me in a negative way, I will stop responding to those accusations. That's the best you will get. I will not stop responding to public posts, or disagreeing (or supporting) information that is publicly posted.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 pm

No deal. You can't troll people, then bully them into silence under threat of continued assault. I have informed the admin of this refusal to stop bothering me. Anyone asks me what type of person you are I will be happy to tell them my opinion and show them your posts to back it up.

Here is my counter offer. You do whatever you want. Keep proving me right. I will be ok. Your reputation is not important to you. You are the guy that was proud to do a mike drop after saying he would drive a truck of kids to a gas chamber. Stick to your convictions sir, be true to yourself. I plan to.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:39 pm

You just countered for me to do what I want. Make sure you tell Urban Avenger (our admin), because I accept that offer, forming a legal contract.

You obviously did not read my entire response about driving the truck.

If Urban Avenger contacts me, I will advise that he reads the posts. I have violated no rules. You continue to reply to my posts and claim harassment, but no harassment has taken place. I am not even speaking disrespectfully to you.

However, I still accept the offer.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Great, nice to meet you. Have a fantastic day.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 am

Wow... what went on here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A crime fighters mindset.   A crime fighters mindset. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A crime fighters mindset.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next