Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Escape Protocol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm

In the event of kidnapping, abduction, or unauthorized arrest, here is a standard operating procedure taught to soldiers during SERE training. 

Step 1: Expect it to happen. Most abductions occur when the target is exposed, or unprepared for an assault. Don't let your guard down, and don't expose yourself unnecessarily. When using public bathrooms for example, don't use urinals; when using a urinal your back is exposed and you're in a compromising position; it's safer to wait for a stall to become available, go in, and lock the door behind you, and sit down to go to the bathroom so you have a clear shot with out in front of you with your firearm in the event of a violent encounter. Use mirrors, windows, and other reflective surfaces to watch out for threats and/or opportunities. Keep your senses open.

Step 2: Keep in mind that statistically speaking, most abductions are not carried out by the highest trained personnel, nor of the highest authority, and chances are that they have to get the go ahead from their boss before taking further actions. They're just the underlings, and aren't as heavily invested in you as their employers, so it may be possible to negotiate with or bribe them. If not, you should make sure that YOU are highly trained; it will make it all the easier to incapacitate them before they can take you. Before pursuing you though, they'll probably have to take the time to report back to their boss. 

Step 3: If you are unable to resist them physically, then refrain from making eye contact with them or even looking at them; you don't want them to get a perfect view of your face. Head down, act submissive and compliant and do everything they tell you to. Don't be a smartass or do anything to make the situation worse for yourself. 

Step 4: After initial capture, you are going to want to escape withing the first four hours of being taken. During this time-frame you'll be more acquainted with your local surroundings and area, whereas hundreds of miles away, you may not be. You also want to escape during transfer because at this time, you may not be in any complicated restraints, such as simple cable ties or duct tape, whereas once you get to their holding facility or prison camp, they'll have shackles, handcuffs and/or cages. You also want to escape during these first few hours because they're guard will have been let down a little further thinking that you're going to go easy, and at this time, you'll still be relatively healthy and in good mental condition, whereas later on you may be in pain and fatigued from being tortured, starved, and/or molested. The number of people searching for you should you escape during transfer will also likely be fewer than the search party they would formulate for you at the prison if you tried to escape from there. 

Step 5: If you fail to escape your abductors during the first few hours/initial capture period, then you need to continue acting as submissive and compliant as you can, and keep your senses open. Pay special attention to the guards at the prison camp; their habits and routines, passions, fears, their personalities, etc. Pay attention to the daily routine of the prison, and formulate your escape plan around that. Start collecting any items you can find that might aid you in your escape, such as a weapon to use on the guards when you make a break for it, or paper clips, bobby pins, or materials you could make shims out of such as alluminum soda cans for picking and/or bypassing locks. You may also have to steal a guards key card if it's an electronic lock of some kind; you can do this by organizing a distraction such as inciting a riot and stealing it in the ensuing chaos. Try to get a hold of a tissue map of some kind, and a floor plan of the facility if possible. You should have already used the sun and the passing days to figure out which way is north; keep this in the back of your mind because you probably won't be able to find a compass.

Step 6: The day of the Great Escape. Double check your escape plan and make sure the timing is perfect. When you engage, go hard, and fast and no hesitation or second guessing yourself; dig deep and go for broke.  Until this moment, you need to be sure to eat plenty of food, get plenty of rest, conserve your strength, and have complete faith in your plan.

Step 7: DO IT.

E&E PRIORITIES

ONE: Get off the "X". You'll want to put as much distance between you and your captors as you possibly can, as fast as you possibly can.

TWO: Get your map out and make sure you're headed the right way; start planning int terms of shelter, water and food. Address any injuries that you may have sustained immediately, first thing.

THREE: Seek out help from strangers once you're far enough a way; if you're trained in social engineering this could be done a bit more easily. Get your hands on communications of some kind to get back in touch with your allies to organize and extraction or mount a rescue. A burner phone could come in handy and can be bought very cheap.

FOUR: Get a weapon to protect yourself from getting RE-Captured. Preferably a GUN. 

FIVE: Get transportation of some kind. Whether you borrow a car, or steal one from your abductors, or hop a ferry or a train, that's great. Anything that gets more distance between you and your captors. 

SIX: Now that you've gotten yourself a very long ways away from hostile forces, it's time to start shifting your priorities more towards taking care of your basic survival needs. Food, water and shelter. Start settling in for the long haul; this location should be secured. You can set up perimeter defenses as well as pay attention to the bird calls in the area; many will call out when there's animal activity nearby. Pay attention. Make sure the site is plentiful in everything you'd need to survive. Make it as comfortable and cozy as you can. 

SEVEN: Keep in mind that you may have to do things that you might not otherwise consider morally or ethically right; is your life worth taking someone else's for example; how far are you really willing to go to guarantee your freedom and survival? You might find that in order to survive, you have to lower some of your moral standards. 

BLENDING IN

1. Basic rule of thumb: Do what everyone else is doing. Walk at the same speed everyone else is walking. Dress how everyone else is dressed, or wear a generic disguise such as a janitor or a construction worker, or a doctor or a lawyer; it depends all on what environment you're in, or wanting to enter. 

2. Don't look around all over the place like you've lost a family member and are trying to find them, or darting your head behind you to see if you're being followed. These are unnatural movements which attracts peoples eyes to you and will make them remember you, ruining your invisibility. If you want to look behind you, use the selfie camera on your cell phone as a mirror. In a tactical situation, the selfie camera can also be used to see around corners or over ledges. 

3. Use generic newspapers and magazines as cover. Not only can it conceal your face, but people don't generally bother anyone who appears to be busy with something else. Wear sunglasses to avoid making eye contact with people. I'd suggest light brown root beer lenses; they don't stand out as much when the weather obviously doesn't demand the use of fully tinted sunglasses. 

4. Remain calm, cool and collected. Don't be twitchy or jittery, don't stutter when you have to talk to someone, don't mumble or sound nervous. Wherever you go, ACT like you are SUPPOSED to be there, even if you aren't. Walk and speak with purpose. 

5. Match the general demographic of the area. You may require the use of makeup, a wardrobe change, or other methods to disguise yourself to fit in perfectly. Match the culture and accent of wherever you may be. Don't worry about race or political correctness because it'll mess you up. Be casual and act like it's perfectly natural for you. Whenever you take on a role, make yourself really believe it; hallmark of a good actor. 

6. For the last time, again, pay special attention to matching the baseline of your environment and the population. Do whatever everybody else is doing, even if you might not fully understand the significance of whatever it is they are doing. Look like them, act like them, talk like them, walk like them and you should be just hunky dory. When in Rome, act like the Romans.
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm

"Disguises" Equipment and Attire

DISGUISES

01. Human Hair Prosthetics

02. Theatrical Contact Lenses

03. Make-Up

04. Sunglasses

05. Headphones

06. Chewing Gum

07. Newspapers & Magazines

08. Clip-Boards

09. Hard Hats

10. Badges & Credentials/Fake Paperwork

11. Orange Vests

12. Construction Worker's Uniform

13. Janitor's Uniform

14. Delivery Boy's Uniform

15. Electrician's Uniform

16. Mechanic's Uniform

17. Security Guard's Uniform

18. Businessman's Uniform

19. Homeless Drifter's Uniform

20. Policeman's Uniform

21. Fireman's Uniform

22. Doctor's Uniform

23. Soldier's Uniform

24. Tourist's Uniform

25. Valet's Uniform

26. Waiter's Uniform
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Actually Captain America never said that it was said to him by shield agent Sharon Carter in the Civil War movie

Superman
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Actually, Captain America said it to Spider-Man in the Civil War comic series. ....Yeah....I was a pretty die-hard comic book nerd as a kid, lol: https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/05/15/captain-america-speech-civil-war/ 

Heard it long before the movie; awesome that they put it in. But they really should have had Cap say it to Spidey. That bugged me lol. No pun intended.
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Sorry....I know it's off topic, but I just felt it would be cool to have Cap's FULL speech here. It's a really powerful one: 

"I was just a kid…A million years ago, it seems sometimes. Maybe twelve. I was reading Mark Twain.
And he wrote something that struck me right down to my core…something so powerful, so true, that it changed my life. I memorized it so I could repeat it to myself, over and over across the years. He wrote –‘In a republic, who is the country?
Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant: it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. It’s function is to obey orders, not originate them.
Who, then is the country? Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why, these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it, they have not command,  they have only their little share in the command.
In a monarchy, the king and his family are the country: In a republic it is the common voice of the people each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak.
It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians.
Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn’t. You cannot shirk this and be a man.
To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.
If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of’.
Doesn’t matter what the press says. Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something WRONG is something RIGHT.
This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world–
–No you move.”
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Don't think it's a very useful read, but it was an intresting one.   Smile
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Which one? And why? Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't belive any of us in any significant risk for being kidnapped, but for us preparedness nerds, who cares! cheers
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

These days we're a lot more likely to be taken against our will. Right now there's terrorist sleeper cells all throughout America; they even have training camps on American soil out in the middle of nowhere which have been confirmed via satellite images and had been exposed on the mainstream news corporations, but for some baffling reason, we didn't hear anything more about it. Kidnapping people for ransom is still done today in many places around the world, America not excluded.

And if it's not a Foreign Enemy we have to worry about taking us in against our will, then it's going to be a Domestic Enemy. FEMA camps have been sprouting up and are at the ready, and every day new laws are created which your average American citizen couldn't possibly be aware of. Mix this in with the known fact that the US Government spies on it's citizens on a daily basis, any one of us could be hauled in at any moment for the most trivial of reasons, if someone in the government wanted it badly enough. Truth, and justice, and freedom are becoming more and more restricted. There will come a time soon when good, honest, moral American citizens are forced to become criminals in the eyes of the government because of endless legislation. That was NEVER supposed to happen, and it should disgust everybody that we've let it go on as far as we have. Cops are likely going to be the kidnappers that we are faced with. Fortunately for us, all the same rules of escaping from bad guys applies just as well to escaping from the cops. Wink

....But yep...I'd say there is a significant risk during these troubling and uncertain times. Most of us preparedness nerds though were preparing long before we genuinely needed to prepare though, which in my opinion, should be the case for everyone; learn these skills now; not when your fanny is dangling over a vat of toxic waste and a cackling hyena is slamming a fresh clip into his machine gun lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Don't forget you yearly flu shot. I'm pretty sure that will protect you a lot better than guns, bombs and escape protocols.
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Knowledge is what protects people. Some families such as my own can't afford a yearly flu shot. Fortunately we're knowledgeable in home remedies/herbal medicines. We pretty much have a hospital in our basement because we're a two hundred mile round trip away from the real hospital. Lots of manuals on emergency medical care; couple of my favorites are called "Where There Is No Doctor" and "Where There Is No Dentist". This is just how some folks had to grow up. A well placed EMP or even a big solar flare could all of a sudden put everyone in the same position, and a lot of people aren't going to make it because they're too used to having someone else take care of them and fix all their problems. Dependency is deadly.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Well, living that remote, there might be high risk with the shot than the disease anyways.

Critical systems can handle EMP nowdays, unless you live in a nation with a shitty infrastructure. To bad a nation spending the most in the world on health care can't figure out how to get it to the everybody.
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:33 pm

It's still a target. The units the power grid is connected to are gigantic and cost too much money to make; plus they are manufactured overseas. The government doesn't have any backups either. I was informed though that the electrical systems of these massive power units though were in fact vulnerable to an EMP because the US concluded it would be too expensive to fortify our power grid. A lot of folks have been pushing for it though so maybe it's fixed. Then again, maybe not. Could be a solar flare that takes it out, could be a guided nuke detonated in low orbit above the US. Detonation in low orbit helps further guarantee a widespread EMP strike which  oils fry just about everything. Even if the units survived, the damage would be so great that it would create widespread civil unrest. The kind of unrest that can start a war. Just trying to get the point across that this is not a matter of IF it's going to happen; it's a matter of WHEN.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

You have made some inaccurate statements here about the likelihood of kidnapping and the people who carry them out. The world isn't a Hollywood blockbuster. The most common kidnapping is not for ransom but for human sex trafficking. Victims don't have 4 hours to escape, assuming they are conscious. They can be out of the country in 90 minutes or less. Terrorist camps are not snatching up American citizens for ransom. From what source are you getting your information?
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I never stated that the most common kind of kidnapping was for ransom. I said that it happens. That's a fact. I didn't say victims have four hours to escape. I said they SHOULD TRY to escape during the first few hours. At most. No; your average person can't usually get themselves out of a country in 90 minutes or less, unless they're prepared and close to the border and already have travel arrangements ready; all things which are unlikely if you just busted out of some dank warehouse in the middle of Bumfuck, Whoknowswhere. I never stated that terrorist camps are snatching up American citizens for ransom either. I said that there are terrorist camps in America. There are. In third world countries, kidnapping people for ransom isn't unheard; particularly traveling Americans, but not necessarily them strictly. It's just more common these days because our former President was negotiating with terrorists; trading our terrorist prisoners for the Americans that were taken. Radical Islamic terrorists soon after tried it again, and they told us exactly why: Because it worked the last time. Hence why America has always had a "Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" philosophy before Obama. That might not be the case anymore though lol. 

But really, I'm just trying to get the point across that shit happens and you should be ready for it. Don't split hairs; not trying to start a big argument.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 am

I'd proiritize getting my flu shot.
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Might actually be possible for me soon. I'm finally escaping from Alaska at the start of April. My grandfather recently passed away and we're going down to pay our respects. Didn't even have to ask mom if I could come; gran and ma are both little old ladies and grans house needs to get worked on. Probably all I'm going to be doing for like a month is running errands for them like the typical good grandson. ...I kinda hated my grandfather though; he tortured my mother as a child which is why she can be unbearably neurotic. Gonna start building a real life for myself; leaving 204's crusade in the past and just focus on trying to be happy and preparing for the apocalypse. We'll see what things look like after a while; may or may not start doing typical RLSH activities like community service and neighborhood watch. Might just find a nice little corner of the world to settle down in. Maybe look for a girl; start a family........it kinda seems unreal to even be considering that after how much time I've put into plotting my vengeance down to the last detail.....in the end I guess a part of me just doesn't feel like it would be worth it, and that I should try to see what a normal life might be like. ....Ugh, but then there's that tiny little voice buried down deep that's just snickering at me and calling me naive for even thinking it could be possible for me. ....Guess I'll figure it out when I'm on the road. Eventually the path will come to a fork; might just have to be in that moment that I'll really be able to decide. Whichever one I go down though...there probably wouldn't be any going back. I couldn't be 204 with a family, and I couldn't hurt them by leaving them. 

Sorry. Kinda went on a ramble there. .....Kinda nice to know though that most people probably had a similar time in their lives when they were around my age. Those tentative years of pivotal crossroads and ultimatums. ....Hope that either way it ends up, I'll be laughing about these years someday.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:00 pm

This actually does have some usefulness, though not as it may be portrayed. It's similar to an escape plan for domestic violence survivors. It goes into more detail, and covers kidnapping by terrorist groups, but the same rules generally apply for victims looking to escape domestic violence and subversive groups, like the polygamist sect run by William Jeffries. It's also useful for victims of human trafficking
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Alot of this was hit and miss still was a good read though
Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 am

Thanks. Any tips on improvement?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escape Protocol  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape Protocol    Escape Protocol  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Escape Protocol
Page 1 of 1