Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to escape?

Go down 
+7
Instructor
E0N (Inactive)
Gauge
Zombie
Urban Avenger
Leviathan
Kuaquer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I want to know how to escape after immobilizing a criminal who could use techniques or gatgets, because after a fight with a thief, sure people will come to see what happens. How to escape without being followed?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Multiple scenarios would have to employ different techniques to escape.

For instance, how many people would said criminal have working with him, what kind of structure or location? Things like that.
There is no one-stop fix for all situations, nor could you plan for every contingency.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 pm

this could go anywhere man. its an extremely open ended question.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:12 pm

The most important thing to remember is never go directly home. If you think your being followed take them on a wild goose chase. If you have a simple uniform, take it off when your alone and try to blend in.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:39 pm

and smoke bombs are effective and cheap? I would love to get many
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

The legality of them is questionable. Some areas yes. Some areas no. Marbles and caltrops can aid in an escape but you have to worry about collateral damage from them.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Arrange for a support vehicle to follow you on patrol, and a two-way radio for a constant line of communication.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Criminals are always with the gadgets. I rue those days.

In real world terms, something like over 90% of the people who survive bad situations are the ones who immediately do something to try to survive -- whatever that is doesn't even seem to matter, as long as it's not something totally counterintuitive like "kill myself."

Run, attack, ram something, throw something, grab for something... whatever, as long as you do it right away.

I actually learned that in a shadowy black ops school, btw. Learned it real good.

True story.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I wanna go to a shadowy black ops school...
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:57 am

In my part of the world if I am able to pin said bad guy, I just call the cops and wait for them. Here at least if you run off or something it makes it look like you have done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 am

Indeed, but this guy is not living in the same reality as the rest of us. Could be a good idea to stop feeding his dellusions, it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

Zombie wrote:

Laughing

I wouldn't want to. They give you too much homework and I hear the final exams are a killer.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Equal ridiculous if you think good for you, there are some who want to go further than just walking down the street calling the police ... Wink
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Zombie wrote:

Contact these guys -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's ridiculously expensive to study with them if you have to spend your own money to do it, though.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Ha! thats interesting Smile G4s just brought in the security company i work for on a consulting role... Next time we go down to their London offices I'm going to ask if they would be willing to do me a deal on that training, Can't hurt to ask! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:10 pm

When I used to have to go to these, G4S had nothing to do with it... they were called "Armor Group." I think they were about half in the US and half in the UK back then.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah they were part of a merger between two companies, Group 4 and securicor i think it was called... hence G4S.

I'm not their biggest fans. They run the UK's first privatized police force... I don't know about the actual police force they set up but, the main company is quite crooked :/
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

What about learning Parkour?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Personally I think it's wildly overrated, but it can't hurt any in the fitness department, as long as you don't get ahead of yourself in training and break your legs.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 pm

E0N wrote:
Personally I think it's wildly overrated, but it can't hurt any in the fitness department, as long as you don't get ahead of yourself in training and break your legs.

yes. I feel the same way. its especially impractical where I live. lots of wide open areas. yet there is a parkour group down here...
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I dont try to escape from the police If I take down the thug for whatever reason Im there watching him while sitting on his back or Other people who saw what happened are helping me hold him until the cops arrive and like everyone else I give my statement and version of events

If Spider-Man did this he wouldnt be seen as the menace to society that Jonah J Jameson makes him out to be

If Im escaping from say a group of thugs who are looking to kick my tail I head into the nearest public place such as a store or The Astro Hill Mall because chances are they will not want to draw attention to themselves however I am ready if they do threaten other peopleand yes I have done freestyle climbing to escape from thugs and I am a pretty good fighter and am able to defend myself
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Kuaquer wrote:
Equal ridiculous if you think good for you, there are some who want to go further than just walking down the street calling the police ... Wink
Most of the people here do a lot more than constructing a narcissistic fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Equal wrote:
Kuaquer wrote:
Most of the people here do a lot more than constructing a narcissistic fantasy.

For me, it's not a fantasy, I want to get better in all aspects
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 am

Then ask yourself why should you imobilize a thief, why should you escape, what will the result be and what what is it to gain by doing this.

And the violent aspect is quite unpredictable. You might as well become overpowered yourself, where would you go from there? Because you'll never get the amount of control that you'd like. Ask anybody who's been in a street fight or a war zone.

Imagination is a good thing, but it need to be intrigated with reality before it can be useful for anything but entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to escape? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to escape?   How to escape? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How to escape?
Page 1 of 1